ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Custom Mission Compilation...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Custom Mission Compilation... Reply with quote Back to top

The first version of the GoldenEye Community Compilation Pack has been released!

http://n64vault.com/ge-campaigns:ge007-compilation-pack

Over the years, we've seen many great custom missions be released by various authors. The problem is, you have to load in a new ROM each time you want to change a level. What if we could have a handful of these all in one nice and neat compilation pack? That's what this mod was created for. Twelve missions and nine multiplayer maps, carefully edited and put together for a seamless experience. There are some fun easter eggs to find, a bonus objective on 007 difficulty called "Cheese Tracker!" (where you must find and destroy three pieces of cheese wedges), and a bunch of exciting cheat options (which are unlocked once the final mission has been completed on any standard difficulty). You're able to toggle the anti-aliasing inside the watch menu, as well as whether or not you hear footstep sound effects when you walk. The Sight-On-Screen option was replaced to accommodate the steps, but you can still enable/disable the crosshair by holding both L+R shoulder buttons for a brief moment during gameplay. In the future, you may see dedicated controller buttons with useful functions. You can preview these in the final mission. That about wraps it up. Enjoy these fantastic levels that our very creative GE modding community have crafted!

-----------------

I had the idea to compile what people feel are the best 20 custom missions that have been released over the years on the Vault. The vast majority of patches have only one mission that has been created by the authors. Needing to load up a new ROM every time can become an annoyance, especially on console. So, why not put together a single patch with an entire custom campaign?

This is where you all come in. You guys are going to have to help to decide which to use. There are a lot, with some being part of a running story. We obviously want the most unique, creative, fun and even difficult. But not ones that feel somewhat broken, or way too short. Also, being hard is one thing, bordering on cruel is another. What's your opinion?

Current assortment...

01. Island - TimEh
02. Library - BMW
03. Storage Facility - GERage
04. Cliff Base - GERage
05. Aztec Complex #2 - Wreck
06. Escape - Pheonarx
07. Fallout - Pheonarx
08. Grid - Dragonsbrethren
09. Soviet Base - Corfix & 00action
10. Garden - Entropy Soldier
11. Arctic - Zka
12. Descent - Zka
13. - Placeholder -

Multiplayer...

Block Fort - Cyberen
Padded Room - BMW
Labyrinth - Zoinkity
Paradox - TimEh
Chernobyl - Sixty Four & Wreck
Citadel - Zoinkity
Storage Facility - GERage & Wreck
Grid - SubDrag
Soviet Base - Corfix and 00action & Wreck

Of course, some authors may prefer not to have their missions added to a compilation ROM, and that is up to them. A few have released many levels individually, and may plan to eventually put them all together themselves.

Last edited by Wreck on Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:04 am; edited 17 times in total

sfGBCG
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I love to play a "Greatest Hits" ROM on my Everdrive, like TimEh’s Island level. I’ve read that you made some console-compatible patches recently. Is Island on the to-do list?

Edit: Somehow I’ve overlooked that Island works on N64 after all. Oops.

Last edited by sfGBCG on Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, those levels you mentioned are actually the only ones I remember playing. All in all this sounds like a great idea.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The majority of patches do run on console, but some have varying issues. I had corrected a few of them, mostly to do with the creators using bad text digits or guard held keys with bitflags they should not have had on. A member here has put together a list of mods for GoldenEye, and notes about crashing or other issues. You can see that list here...

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=7094.0

The ones I fixed have not been updated in his list yet, but are still on the front news page on Vault.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I really like the idea of an all-in-one Goldeneye hack containing as many new or altered levels as possible, but I can't recommend any as I've only played a few, and can't remember which they were, sorry. This year has been especially bad for me, gaming-wise, as my time away from work has been so short [/moan]

BTW, happy new year, evevyone Very Happy

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is a very good idea, Wreck.

Sadly, I can't be of any help. I haven't played enough custom missions to have an advice. But I'd gladly play that compilation once done.

Ami
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It would be nice to include some for the multiplayer stages as well.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So I get the "Storage Facility" has two versions - one marked as "old" - which means the newer one should be used. But for "Library", there is one marked as "Backup Compatible", which is the preferred console patch. But does anyone know the difference there? I can not find any notes regarding this.

Ami: once all twenty missions are in, there may not be space left over to cover multiplayer in the same ROM. Depends on the missions going in, and if any good custom multi maps share their background.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You have my permission to include any of my work in a custom rom. My 2 custom maps are Library (mission) and The Courtyard (multiplayer only).

As to the difference between my original library patch and the console compatible patch, I have no idea since somebody else must have tweaked it to work on console - subdrag maybe?

Also wreck I'm long long overdue in playing your custom mission from this past summer. Still intend to.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haha, so nobody knows the difference? Well, I suppose the best route to take would be the console compatible version, though I guess I could extract the setup file from each to see if there was any difference there.

I think one or two of Pheonarx's missions (not the newest Standoff, as it includes additional sounds) would be good, but would need to ask if he's okay with that.

I'd say about including my Complex mission, but I don't want it to seem like personal bias. But considering there are a possible 20 slots to fill, it leaves a lot of empty spots right now.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have the following four missions in one ROM thus far...

Island, by TimEh
Library, by BMW
Storage Facility, by GERage
Cliffside Base, by GERage

So long as neither one used any custom textures or modified / new models, they should be good. Hopefully they all used regular GE images. If not, it will require more work to correct them.

Ami
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think Author's should recommend there own or other Author's level as some of us communicate often. So naturally I personally feel it should be non-creators with the vote.
That's just me. Embarassed

Entropy Soldier
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dang nabit boy there ain't enough members in this community for non-creators to shoulder the burden of picking all the maps. I don't think anyone would be invested in this sort of thing enough to collude with others anyway.

Anyway, Pheonarx I think is making his own series or something so I won't include his maps even though they seem pretty good. Outside of that, missions belonging to other series, and missions that have already been mentioned, here's what stands out to me:

Complex Mission - Wreck
Aztec Complex - Dragon's Brethren
Grid Mission - Dragon's Brethren
Antenna Cradle - Eternally Aries

Not sure how you feel about having two complex based missions in one file, but I enjoy them both so there they are. Have fun!

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Whatever, I still believe one map of pheonarx deserve a spot. Maybe he would agree even if he's working on his compilation or something.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I also feel at least two of Pheonarx's missions would fit into a compilation of Vault releases very well. Of course it is his decision whether or not we can include them. He may even be considering revisiting some of his previous work and updating it to utilize new features, such as footsteps and guard voices, so the originals could be the ones we use.

I am not totally sure on two Complex missions, but his was also of good quality. Grid would require that I import the necessary textures, though that is not a huge deal. And isn't the Antenna Cradle the normal mission, just with the added scenary?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: