ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Custom Mission Compilation...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loofadawg
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As the song goes, the waiting is the hardest part, but the amount of care you are putting in to pull it all together is most important. Look forward to this.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've finished up a new safe door model, which replaces the old dial knob with a modified door decoder (for Garden). Now Bond will be equipped with a device that will allow him to unlock the safe without blowing it up. Once the process begins, the same tampering warning will be set off, and alarm guards sent in. So it remains very similar to the original concept, but with gadgets instead of demolitions.

Thanks, Loofa. It would have been quite easy to just throw all the missions together as they were, but that's not my style. These levels deserve to be their best, and I just hope my contributions will help the total package in the end.

Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is a truely awesome project. Today was my first time seeing this thread. Now I know Wreck has been busy working on a cool project. When this gets released I will play through it on console. I hope you add some new multi levels. How about levels from the Counterstrike mappack?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been working on Garden, and am close to being finished with it. I noticed something odd while going through the level in the Visual window. The bridge has always had this nasty yellowy green colour to it, and so did parts of the satellite building. But in Visual, it's actually grey stone. I ended up looking at Facility to see how this same texture was setup in the display lists. It appears to have fixed not only the colouration, but also corrects the squished appearance it had wherever it was applied. So, now the bridge is stone - as it always should have been!

I also tweaked / added some green discolouration to the bridge and other brick sections, and I made the pond beneath the bridge slightly transparent. I have a few other things to work on, but it is nearly "done".

I have had another person suggest I use something from the Counterstrike map pack for multi. I'd need some suggestions, though. I may only choose one, as there is limited space.

Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck from the CS mappack I recommend Matrix to be added as a multi map. Even though you have grid I still think it would be a good map for 1v1. It is so iconic and remember Grid was so popular largely because it was halfway Matrix.

Also, I recommend possibly Moon Base or Fort Plastro as multiplayer maps. Moonraker was such a good novel that I like Moon Base.

Another idea is to have a multi level based on Jungle. Specifically the “portion with caves”. I think the ladder would be fun to have in a multi map.

I still love the idea of Dam Front Zone. No other map has pillboxes and a bunker. You could even add a couple bunkers to make it more balanced and strategic. I think it would be a grenade favored map. Would have a lot of potential.

I also recommend porting Sky Rail the multiplayer map from The World is Not Enough. Even if you have to delete the gondolas. The gondolas are not crucial in having fun on that map.

Thanks for considering others opinions.

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
I also recommend porting Sky Rail the multiplayer map from The World is Not Enough. Even if you have to delete the gondolas. The gondolas are not crucial in having fun on that map.

lol glhf ripping that

Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I saw there was a singleplayer Jungle level that added a ladder to the pillbox. Might be fun to turn that one into a multiplayer level.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A few images of updated level stuff...

The Garden Bridge

I have fixed this to use the proper stone texture it was meant to have, modified it slightly to make more room between each end and the stone pillars, added a darkened bottom for when looking up underneath it, made the water beneath transparent, and redid some of the clipping so you no longer pass through parts of it.

Keypad Safe Door

I modified the original safe door, so it no longer has the dial knob, but instead has a keypad (tweaked from the Door Decoder). You use the Safe Cracker gadget on it, which begins the process of unlocking. The regular safe door still exists in other missions.

Just for the Fern of it

I felt the two spots in the central area of Cliffbase could use a tiny bit of sprucing up. I decided to include new plant life there, which adds some nice visuals to the already interesting room.

Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Compound level as a multi level would be sick. I’ve seen a few videos on youtube of it. Would be nice to have a vertical level to play on.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks really cool, are you going to wait until you have all 20 missions changed to custom ones before you release?
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Really like the plants.
I wish I made a map good enough to be featured in it. At least I may make it for the second batch.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There should only be 11 missions to start with. That leaves 9 open for a future update. However, considering a lot of the most recent custom missions - and no doubt most of the upcoming ones - are being crafted using Pavarini's advanced Footsteps patch, the ROM I have been building with won't be able to support them. Somehow, either my ROM will need to be updated to utilize the changes made by Pavarini, or I try to extract as much data as I can and import it into a clean Footsteps patched ROM. It is something that will be unavoidable down the road, should this compilation continue to grow.

Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Wreck I know I have fantasized about this before, but how hard would it be to make a couple brand new weapons into a mod? Would you consider it? Putting new weapons into this is about as cool as it could get. I would definitely try to think you up some epic weapons.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not opposed to new weapons in mods, but in this particular one, it can be tricky to try and balance out missions made by different authors without breaking something or replacing things used in a specific level. Some people have even edited weapons in their original release (such as Q-Lab VR), but I am unable to mimic that, as it affects other missions. We'll have to see in the future, as for now I just like the picture this as a sort of expansion to the original game, which focuses on new missions and multi maps.

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wanted to say I've been particular lazy when it's come to sending Wreck the new files for my contribution to this hack... he told me via PM he had liked to have this out during the summer so I do appreciate him giving me the proper time to polish my level off.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: