ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Custom Mission Compilation...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Use the ignore check if preset is in view flag
Code:
<BD>
BD.BB.HH.PPPP.AAAA.FFFFFFFF.LL Spawn Guard At [P]reset, Goto [L]abel On Success.
BB = Body ID, HH = Head ID, AAAA = Action Block, FFFFFFFF = Spawn flags
If out of memory/can't spawn guard, do not got label. If preset is blocked, attempt to spawn guard around preset.
Guard will not spawn if preset is in view (unless given ignore view check flag).
Spawn flag bitfield:
00000001: Sunglasses (always)
00000002: Sunglasses (random - 50% of the time)
00000010: Ignore check for preset within view (force spawn)

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting. I will have to try that. I'm still using an old build, which doesn't have certain descriptions added. My method is working, but I may change it. One nice thing is I only spawn two characters in at a time twice, so there is no noticeable frame rate jump as they are loading in. Having more all load at once can cause that to happen.

Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Whoops Wreck I might have meant to say gamespy. And cheers to working on this project. Any plans to patch goldeneye x next? For your next project i mean.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have a challenge mod that should be released not long after we enter 2020. There is another project in the works for GE. I also do want to get an update to Perfect Dark Plus done. That's mostly finishing one level. But GE-X is on the horizon. There are things I want to test out.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I have a challenge mod that should be released not long after we enter 2020. There is another project in the works for GE. I also do want to get an update to Perfect Dark Plus done. That's mostly finishing one level. But GE-X is on the horizon. There are things I want to test out.

That all sounds great, but what is a 'challenge' mod, please? Is it a new set of 30 challenges to replace the ones already in Perfect Dark? That would be good.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Challenge mods are becoming more and more popular with different games. My previous one was the Ken Lobb Classic, where the player was supposed to complete the mission campaign using only the Klobb. I have another one coming out, which is different from that, but still GE. I am going to release it shortly after Graslu has a chance to stream it on YouTube. Unless, for some reason, he cannot finish it. I won't put out an impossible mod, as it becomes frustrating and unfair. I don't think that is the case, though.

By the way, the compilation will be using a new ROM name and product ID code. They are "GOLDENEYE COMP PACK" and "NG7E". I tried to make sure no other N64 game had that code, so no conflicts should exist, hopefully. It won't be supported properly by emulators or flash drives (save type) as is, but you can edit the game settings yourself. It needs EEPROM 4K save type set.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ack, I think I am getting a cold. It usually hits me in early November, but I guess it held off for a little longer this year. This may delay release a tiny bit. I'm still editing and adding new details, such as with Grid. I'll be awaiting feedback once people play the pack. I plan to keep updating it, so bug reports will be very appreciated going forward.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, I see what a challenge mod is, thanks. Like your Klobb mod. If you're looking for a suggestion, then a shotgun challenge would be good, as it would force the player to get in close to the enemy, plus it's wider sound circle (which alerts nearby guards when you fire) would potentially increase the danger factor of the mod.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree. The regular shotgun would be my only other pick for a specific weapon only challenge. Unless somebody beats me to it, this may be something you'll see me release in the coming months. I also am considering another challenge mod, but I need to really think it over. It would affect every level in the same fashion, but be implemented differently. No clues to give out, though.

Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Throwing knife challenge would be fun.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Small update. I plan to replace Satellite Bunker #2 with Descent, both by ZKA. It's a solid, original map, and a good challenge. Shouldn't take much work to set it up. I might end up releasing the Satellite Bunker #2 as a separate patch, as I did make some updates over the original mission, and it would be worth sharing.

A new find will allow me to fix up a few objectives used in the campaign, mostly to minimize casualties. It just lets the objective to say completed in the results menu when exiting or being killed (unless you failed during the run). It is minor, but something I noticed that didn't match up with original GE.

Oh, I also implemented a new cheat earlier this year. I won't give it away directly.... But, if anyone here watches NXT, you can compare it to Shotzi Blackheart's newer entrances. Razz

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Update: I have begun the slow process of moving things over from my older PC to the newer one. I've got all the compilation files in, and the projects setup to use the new locations. Some of the issues I had run into previously appear to be resolved in the Editor version I am now using. That's a relief, as before I couldn't make a single change in the Model Details section of the 21990 Game Configuration menu without the Editor crashing. Yikes. Certain tasks had to be handled manually in a hex editing program. But so far, it seems like it should be smooth sailing.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any other project I have will be put on hold and all further work will be done for this compilation pack. There will be twelve missions, with one placeholder in between. I don't know how much longer it may take me, but the first release is within sight.

As a side note, I had put together the K7 Assignment Pack with Zka's levels. All four are in one ROM, and have had some updates and edits made. You can find it on the N64 Vault.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds good, been looking forward to seeing this compilation pack.
What is the placeholder for?
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mission 09 was going to be Q-Lab VR, but the direction of the pack shifted to focusing on "new" missions. What that means is not including levels from the original GE campaign, be them modified or retextured. Q-Lab is an altered Archives, and Satellite Bunker 2 is a mirrored and edited Bunker 2. Not that they aren't creative and enjoyable re-imaginings of these levels, but it has become clear that players lean toward originals. So both were taken out, and Descent is nearly finished as a replacement. I don't have anything picked out for the other one, so it may be a simple quick filler, such as the Platform from PD.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: