ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Guard Alarm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ami
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject: Guard Alarm Reply with quote Back to top

Hello been quite some time. How is everyone? I have a lot of free time these days so i started doing things in the editor. Before i went to the editor i played the actual game. I was on Bunker 1. I noticed the guard in the start turns the alarm on. I thought to myself...ok we can use that. I look in the editor for the block but I didn't see anything. In fact, his block doesn't say anything about an alarm. I think i saw him set to 06? Sorry i literally just shut the editor off. Embarassed
Anyway can someone explain how i can recreate this in a barebones stage?

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like he's using a built-in Action Block, number 0009. That's present in all levels, so for that, all you need to do is set the guard to use block 0009 and make his 2328 preset the same as the alarm he should run to and activate.

It's as simple as that, though it's not intuitive to figure out. In fact, I didn't know it was a built-in one until this thread. Anyway, you might have to be precise about how far away the alarm is from the wall, or even which wall you decide to use. The guard could have trouble getting close enough to the alarm.

Ami
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ooh i was close. 6 to 9😋. I'll try that out right now and come right back with the results

Side note: that was not meant to sound sexual😳

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm gonna add my two cents here as well, since I'm unsure if anyone else has had issues with guards in their setups activating alarms...

I had tried to get them to work using Rare's method but couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work. The guard would just run around in circles. near the alarm but would never actually activate it. I tested for a while and couldn't figure it out, so I came up with a workaround.

I set a 00 preset on the floor immediately underneath the alarm and have a specialized action block that does a check to see if that guard is within ten units of that 00 preset. If so, sound alarm. Obviously there are additional checks that must be taken into account, like if they've been shot, if the alarm is destroyed, etc. but I've never seen them had an issue with this technique.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, it's very finicky. I guess that's why the vanilla game has only a few alarm guards overall.

Rey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh right. Ami's FIRST solo mission in development. This is the reason why theres a delay in our next co-op level. I'm even eager for her to finish it up.

Ami
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok i got this to work. The guards seems to run a ways to the side before even facing the Alarm. I'll just have to find good spots.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Depending on the angle the guard approaches the alarm / pad from, it could make them face it from a weird direction. I had fun trying to get my chemist in Complex to stand in front of the door lock system controls. I think I made him move a bit further away from it first, so he could then approach it from a straighter angle.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: