ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Doubts with GEEedit3, Windows 8.1 and 64 bits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:42 am    Post subject: Doubts with GEEedit3, Windows 8.1 and 64 bits Reply with quote Back to top

Hello I open this thread to solve small questions I have with the editor GEEdit3 that I recently installed on a laptop with Windows 8.1 64 bits. So far everything seems to work properly and I have no problem, but I've always had doubts with Windows 8 because I know almost nothing about it and I do not use it correctly.

doubts arise because I already had a Microsoft VS (I do not remember the year) 64-bit Redist that I had to install because a previous program Meshlab asked me to install it. Well, when you download the editor, select the administrator mode before installing it. during installation the installer asked me before continuing to install DirectX 9.0c and Microsoft VS2008 Redist, but I continued without installing these for my doubts with my 64-bit computer and because I had already installed a version of Microsoft VS (I did not agreement of the year) 64-bit Redist. I think the DirectX 9.0c version is the same or higher. despite all this it seems that the editor works correctly.

my most worrisome question is whether I should install despite this all a Microsoft VS2008 Redist (I think this is for 32-bit computers) on a 64-bit computer?
by the way I think that goldeneyevault should have a section to help users who have a different version of bits in windows and to help them choose the Micorsoft Redist package that best suits their team.

After having installed the program GEEedit3 as administrator: should I select runwaysetupeditor and PerfectGold as administrator?

On the other hand, the reason to use GEEedit3 in the beginning is to be able to use its specific xdelta patch because it was previously patching with the Xdelta UI program and I have had problems with some patches like Standoff that even after having used the same Patch with GEEdit3 keeps giving me problems. some of the patches that I have previously patched with Xdelta UI and that I opened with Project64 make Project64 reject them and the emulator is closed so I do not have time to enter the rom configuration in Project64 before it is closed. I think there must be some log file of my rom settings in project64, right? and I think I can fix it if I find and delete the configuration of the rom that gives problems in the file? Can someone tell me what file is this and how should this be fixed?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You need to have these two installed:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5582
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A1788990-5E11-4AE2-B5E7-CC576822AED4&displaylang=en

It does not matter which version of windows, from Win XP to Win 10. The same instructions. Win 98 may need some tools to go past the resource limits, but it does work too. If they are pre-installed, you are ok, but I do not believe those 2 are pre-installed in any system, unless you accidentally installed it with another game.

Now, if you look at start menu, you can see Beta Editor, and then the regular games. Use beta grabber to get latest beta with latest features and fixes, while run the other ones to be "stable". The beta grabber can also copy beta to "stable". But I would advise always running Beta Editor as administrator.

You probably need to set your default emulator RAM size to 8 MB, that may be causing the crashing.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

you tell me:

You need to have these two installed

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5582
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A1788990-5E11-4AE2-B5E7-CC576822AED4&displaylang=en

but if I already have one installed for a 64bit team ?. even so I have to install those 2? Keep in mind that those 2 that you mention are the Package (x86) and I think those are for 32-bit computers, but I'm not sure if they can be installed on 64-bit computers. then taking this into account can the Package (x86) be installed on a computer or 64-bit operating system without causing any problems? and if I decide to install the Package (x86), I must first uninstall the one I had installed for 64 bits ?. If you can assure me that I can install them without causing problems to my team I could be quieter. I think I have a DirectX 9 installed (although I do not know what version), because I think I needed it for the GTA-San Andreas. How can I know in windows 8 if I have installed the Package and DirectX 9.0.c? . I regret not understanding windows 8 well.

it turns out that there are several editors within GEEedit3 for different games and other things I suppose, which of them I have to put in administrator mode? because he feels that I became a mess and still did not understand this part well:

BetaGrabberTool
runwaysetup
GoldenEyeSetupEditor
JetForceGeminiEditor
JetForceGeminiKioskEditor
MickeySpeedwayUSAEditor
DiddyKongRacingEditor
PerfectEditor
PerfectGold

By the way I have noticed that some have a program icon and others do not. only runwaysetup and PerfectGold contain the icon. another thing when I close any of these programs gives me a message that says for example "goldeneye Setup Editor 3.0.0 stopped working, maybe it is solved when choose to run as administrator?

in the general configuration of the emulator select 8MB of RAM, but I do not solve the problem. I have created a new patch and it does not work yet. it seems that Project64 remembers the name that was given to the patch, I have tried to give it a different name but it does not work either. I guess it is not working because in Project64 it has been saved the last internal configuration of this rom. that's why I was wondering in which Project64 file the game settings are saved, because maybe I can find the name Standoff in the (and other patch names that have not worked for me because of this) and then maybe can enter again the rom configuration through the emulator once this is done.

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BetaGrabberTool = Beta Grabber
runwaysetup = Beta (Beta Grabber does not replace main exe)
PerfectGold = Main Program (or 'backup' if using beta)
-
The rest below are simply shortcuts, eg "perfectgold /GE"
-
GoldenEyeSetupEditor
JetForceGeminiEditor
JetForceGeminiKioskEditor
MickeySpeedwayUSAEditor
DiddyKongRacingEditor
PerfectEditor

Trev

HackBond

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The 32 bit redist and 64 bit redist are separate

The way they're used is dependant on the program. For example, GEEdit may only be coded to use the 32 bit redist, while other programs are coded to only use the 64 bit redist.

The short of it is, it's fine to have both installed.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thanks for the help my difficulty is also a little the language, I learn for now english level beginner.

I still have the following doubt:
can The 32 bit redist (x86) be installed on a 64-bit computer or with 64-bit windows?

That doubt arises because something I saw some time ago that you can not install or at least should not be done, to install a 64-bit redist in a 32-bit a computer because it can cause problems. (I think this is the opposite of mine).

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am not very technically smart, but I know my computer is 64-bit and the editor works correctly for me. Also, a few of the programs I use are 32-bit, some are even from before 2004.

Just offering some anecdotal evidence.

HackBond

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, you can install both on a 64 bit version of windows. They are considered separate, x86 and x64 redists do not affect each other.

Here's a small excerpt from my Programs and Files to show I have both installed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: