ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Can 3D Ripper DX be an alternative to the Lemmy 3D geometry?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject: Can 3D Ripper DX be an alternative to the Lemmy 3D geometry? Reply with quote Back to top

I've done this thread because I've seen a video where a user can extract a level of Turok 3 with the 3D Ripper DX and Project64,here in this video from minute 44:05 can see the program in use and extracting the geometry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pyyw5d-fh3M

however I use the same program and I tried to extract something from the same game, but then the folders they appear empty. I want to know if someone manages to extract something using the same programs and could inform me that I may be doing wrong. Can it be the choice of Plugins during the installation of the program? Can it be the Project64 1.6 that I use?

Maybe you wonder why I do not use the Lemmy plugin to extract the geometry in 3D ?. Well this is because this extraction plugin does not work with any game in the Turok saga. with games like Castlevania or TWINE I can extract the geometry without problems with this plugin, then with the Meshlab program, I can check how the geometry and the different extractions are not mounted on each other or are mixed (all the extraction is ordered). some other games you can not get the 3D geometry of some games like for example Doom or Nigthmare Creatures, because the geometry that can be extracted is sometimes a mess or the different extractions appear mixing or messing with the previous extractions and it can be quite difficult to unravel such mess of 3D geometry.

maybe this program 3D Ripper DX, is the definitive solution to be able to extract the games that do not start with the plugin of Lemmy as the complete saga of Turok or those games that although they manage to emulate you can not make a correct extraction.

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've tried with multiple rippers and all that shows is a flat image.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Siul:

What are the 3D geometry extraction programs that you have used? Have you ever used 3D Ripper Dx for this? When you say "I've tried with multiple rippers", I would like to know how many programs of that type you know and have tried since I only know this one.

the user of the video manages to extract the 3D geometry of the game Turok 3 using the program 3D Ripper DX and Project64, and how he then loads that geometry in a 3D program (I do not know which one he uses).

the problem is that the plugin Lemmy pluging TRUE64 do not let emulate certain games with which you can not do an extraction with these plugins.

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've tried 3D Ripper DX and ninja ripper.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

today may be my lucky day and I wish that same luck for users who were looking for a 3D geometry extraction plugin. I do not remember what version of the Lemmy's plugin I was using in the past that did not allow me to emulate or extract the 3D geometry of the Turok saga, in fact I did not know that there were several versions of the Lemmy's plugin and maybe a lot of people did not either. I knew that there would only be one version. Here I leave a link to a forum from which you can download the 3 versions of this Lemmy's plugin:

http://www.emutalk.net/threads/21092-This-will-allow-you-to-export-geometry-WITH-textures/page26.

I use Project64 1.6.1, but my emulator only lets me use the LemD3D9 r22.zip plugin. the other 2 plugins LemD3D8.rar and LemCombineDebugger.zip will not let me use them. the version LemD3D9 r22.zip is the only one that I can use at this moment and therefore the one that allows me to extract the geometry of the Turok saga. I do not understand why the previous versions do not let me use them the emulator, with the previous versions I could not extract the geometry of the Turok saga, but nevertheless if I was able to use this plugin with some other games. I do not know if the other versions of this plugin can work in other emulators.
also the version LemD3D9 r22.zip emulates Quake and Quake II which I think that previously could not be with the previous versions of this plugin, of course we will continue with graphic failures but at least the game starts and can be played in order to extract The geometry.

Siul I do not know what games you want to extract 3D geometry, if they are from N64 I hope I could help you with these plugins.

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

https://github.com/purplemarshmallow/Nemu64/releases
this may be of use for you

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: