ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

PD TWINE gun ports
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject: PD TWINE gun ports Reply with quote Back to top

Did this port a few days ago. I'm working on porting more TWINE stuff to PD.
When i finish i will release a patch.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's cool, I hope to see more PD new levels using new stuff. I'm trying to figure out how to do Model Templates for PD, clearly it's desired. The problem is the images...you can't add images or it may corrupt ROM or not be able to be compressed small enough...so I'm not sure what to do.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good stuff, Siul. I don't think PD is as bad as GE for drawing order and whatnot.

Is it possible to find which files are the ones that compress too large (can't be that many) and see if anything inside can be altered / zeroed out to help compression? I can't recall the exact error, but sometimes I even get a compression size warning in GE-X, from what I can only guess is a ROM address that has values that compress larger than the original.

56FE0 springs to mind.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's a great job Siul, I hope to see more models in PD, and this renews a bit the image of the usual game that we have been accustomed to for many years.

we see how the PD engine has great potential, I hope that the weapons do not remain in a simple change of model. This weapon is simple and I do not think it needs many changes since it replaces a gun, but the rest of the weapons that remain to come are worth taking full advantage of this PD motor as the speed at which the gun can shoot, the type of ammunition , the color thickness, length and measures of the beam of a weapon, the animations of the weapon, recharge animations, zoom, number of bullets in magazine, what type of damage the weapon does and how much damage, the sound that weapon will make. I want these things to be taught how to do them and that the vast majority of us have the possibility to modify them in the editor.

SubDrag I am glad that it is worrying about the continuous improvement of the editor in general and I hope to see from time to time new functions available or that facilitate existing ones especially for the editors of DKR, JFG, MSU and PD, mainly because with Regarding GE, they are still incomplete. It is great news that I try to discover how to make model templates for PD.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I optimized 56FE0 file a bit in latest beta, so hopefully the image compression issues are gone. At least for that file. I'm going to start working on PD Template mode, so hopefully that will work and this can be the first model. PD guns have so many parameters...I'm not even sure what to do about stuff like ammo/functions/animation microcode...I think the problem is the pointers change and the data is shared, so may not be able to include in first version of this.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, importing models is one thing, but PD's guns are quite complicated. As you said, some things are shared (function blocks, zooms, reloads, noise made, animations, microcodes, etc), so it makes tinkering with them rather tedious.

Once you do manage to get it up and running, I could help run some tests to make sure it's going smoothly. Props and characters shouldn't be too bad, I'd think. And hopefully the optimizations to that file will help avoid compression issues in the future for those looking to add textures or just make really big modifications to the ROM (like GE-X does).

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PD is hell, a rom just stopped working when i added the raptor's textures to end. I assume it got corrupted?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did any compression error hit? Yeah pd is rough, sometimes even compressed files that are sized right don't work. You'll want to revert back to earlier or new rom.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When I save new changes to GE-X (or PD+), I alternate between about four ROMs. That way, if something does go bad, I can go back to another recent build and try to figure out what went wrong. Also, generating a backup patch every so often is really helpful. That's how various issues in GoldenEye X have been found and solved over the years.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you ever find a way to reproduce reliably, step-by-step the crash (and don't get compression pop-ups), let me know. If you get a compression pop-up, you're kind of toasted I think, if you don't write a ROM that gets rid of that error to that name before closing.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK, I think I've got an initial cut at PD Model Template mode, if you want to grab the beta and give it a whirl. I wouldn't generate any final model templates for the web site until we've tested the mode a bit though.

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Did any compression error hit? Yeah pd is rough, sometimes even compressed files that are sized right don't work. You'll want to revert back to earlier or new rom.

Nope, no compression errors occurred.

SubDrag wrote:
OK, I think I've got an initial cut at PD Model Template mode, if you want to grab the beta and give it a whirl. I wouldn't generate any final model templates for the web site until we've tested the mode a bit though.

I've made some test templates.
https://files.catbox.moe/sj8v2x.zip
P2K port and a port of the brosnan head from TWINE.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Doh...I get an error too big 153000....I guess there's another file that needs to shrink.

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Doh...I get an error too big 153000....I guess there's another file that needs to shrink.

:C
I am importing the raptor now, when that's fixed i can make a template of that.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No matter what slot I import to, it crashes...hmm...got to be a template issue somewhere.

Well, did you test it ingame before making template?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: