ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Setting "Final" Level / end credits...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject: Setting "Final" Level / end credits... Reply with quote Back to top

I noticed in Johnny Thunder's current mod project, that the number of missions is fewer than the original campaign. His has 16, while GE had 20. What was done to prevent the player from accessing anything from 17-20, and so the end credits map would load after completing said final mission?

By the way, when fixing the crashing issue with the Egypt mission on console for Johnny's mod, I broke part of it [level ID related, I assume]. After beating the mission, it instead goes to the next (Caverns), and not the credits. The Caverns remains inaccessible afterward, though. So his needs fixing, and I'd like to know how I'd go about doing the same things with the Vault Compilation Pack. Please do me a favour and explain it like I don't understand any ASM coding. Razz

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here is the terrible ASM hack used for johnny's mod.

Edit: Removed because it's shit

Last edited by pavarini on Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was looking to have this done for my mod as well. Would absolutely love for slot 15 (Jungle) to trigger the ending credits.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

interesing paravini, much codes

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks much. Does this edit the current data, or does it write over unnecessary debug data in the ROM? I am still a touch confused, but I am sure if I look at Johnny's mod I can get an even better idea.

I suppose the next question might be how you disable the special unlocks for Aztec and Egypt? Maybe some easy change, like just look for Agent mode completion, rather than Secret for Aztec, and 00 for Egypt. That way they would unlock more naturally.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't researched that part of the interface code yet, zoinkity would know more about that. As for the area in ROM, it overwrites the zx emulator.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's some data in this thread under Zoinkity's posts...
http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=7283

Guessing beating Cradle = unlock Aztec, beating Aztec on Secret up = unlock Egypt, and beating Egypt on 00 Agent = unlock 007 mode?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent. I corrected the issue I introduced into Johnny's mod, and set this up for the Compilation Pack. There are only 11 missions in thus far (one requires an update from the original author), so I can edit the slot number and stage ID for credits as I progress.

Now, this may seem like a picky question, but I noticed that once you return to the menu from the end credits, that you are hovering over the 18th slot (Cradle). Any way to change those coordinates so it hovers over your new "final" slot? Maybe it just uses the slot 0x12 value?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: