ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Goldeneye Zombies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loofadawg
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject: Goldeneye Zombies Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking the other day, Call of Duty: Zombies... GoldenEye... Hmmm.... how about a hack featuring enemies who only walk, have no weapons and are skinned to look like zombies.

Perhaps that may work better in Perfect Dark using Sims. I really haven't a clue, but it was just a thought and hoping someone with the skills might take on the challenge.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In Perfect Dark you can set the sims to be 'Fistsims', which means they'll mainly punch you, and not use most weapons. But they can disarm you (steal your weapon), and use the knives and the pistol whip function of the handguns.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Believe it or not, but a few years ago I actually started to reskin a few characters to have a zombie-like appearance. There's a thread somewhere in the Q-Lab forum, but unfortunately it seems the picture links are dead (or undead?). If I can dig them up again (ouch, these puns are killing me), I will be sure to share them.

Graslu
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This would work much better on Perfect Dark as NPCs can punch you, unlike in GoldenEye. Sims don't play animations, so again it'd be better on singleplayer too. It'd be possible to play co-op with that, too.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Graslu00
Discord: https://discord.gg/tksttVC

loofadawg
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like a scenario where you start off in a cabin (like Surface) and you are surrounded on the outside by zombies. The only weapon you have would be the sniper rifle but no bullets. Blunt force trauma. Your health is super low. Their health is high.

I don't know what the goal would be other than survive for a specified time. The cabin would need to have multiple doors... One on each wall... And maybe some way to keep the player inside or at least keep them from was straying too far.

loofadawg
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Zombies aside, how difficult is it to make a custom multiplayer level with the editor. Can you do all the editing within the editor or you must also rely on a modeler like blender? I want to mess around and do some really basic maps. Nothing complicated.

I have an Odroid XU4 and we have been having a blast with the community's custom maps.

oldyz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

back in the days of the xbox remaster of PD, i remember talking to some friends about turning perfect Dark into a resident evil type game, there was even a video project that never got made.

zombies in PD are possible , you have to alter the character scripts, make them limp by default (take advantage of the 3 or 4 wounded walk animations), or alter the animations using the editor's tools for their actions, you can even use an xbox360 kinect to make animations, make them almost invulnerable to body shots, and keep the head shot values intact, maybe even by altering the animations you can make heads that explode, limbs that fall off and such

to give you an example , explosions trigger animations that send character's bodies flying to a wall, or up against the ceiling.
alter those animations to feature destructed bodies or scattered parts and that would make it feel like a very different game

the dynamic lights are also another plus in PD, corridors with faulty lights and very little vision are possible, kill a zombie horde using a grenade and a whole corridor can go dark becuase you destroyed the lights

not to metion that the sounds in Perfect dark are far superior to the sound effects in goldeneye, all the sound effects have panning, you can hear things comint fro the right and the left, im not sure if PD had dolby surround, like conker, but that is also another level of scary atmosphere that helps

no autoaim, no sight on screen, very little and hard to get ammo on the levels, and re-work the mini skedars as zombie dogs, big skedars as mutant beasts and you got yourself a very good FPS resident evil

oldyz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On more thing,
i think there where gameshark codes that would either - replace sims with guards, or allow you to make guards appear in combat simulator, make sims have guard animations Or or all three

the closest experience to the call of duties zombie mode that i can think of re-making in Perfect dark, maybe even GE, is to have guards appear in 4 player combat arenas - use the eternally ree-spawning guards that are triggered by an alarm, like in G E's control or bunker, or in pD's case the G5 building, and ... thats it

i dont think you can make them increasingly powerful, so far i dont know how to make weapons appear randomly, or how a scoring system would be able to be made, and theres no way t revive your teammates like in cod

loofadawg
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Those are good ideas/concepts.

Now I am thinking a Patreon page would be a interesting idea to get a level like that done on commission... Or any level really. I have was watching a 4 part series on YouTube and just designing the level is as much of pain as I thought it would be.

Still I want to try my hand at it... Not solo missions. Multiplayer is hard enough without worrying about all the other details.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oldyz wrote:
i dont think you can make them increasingly powerful, so far i dont know how to make weapons appear randomly, or how a scoring system would be able to be made, and theres no way t revive your teammates like in cod

Action Blocks can do all of that, except for reviving teammates... I'm sure there's a way to tally a fake score up for every zombie death, but I'm not so sure on how to track player deaths. Especially if there's more than two players. Supposedly, a custom Action could be made that checks a player's death count. Being killed by a guard in PD multi counts as just a death.

oldyz wrote:
to give you an example , explosions trigger animations that send character's bodies flying to a wall, or up against the ceiling.
alter those animations to feature destructed bodies or scattered parts and that would make it feel like a very different game

I'd say that's certainly "possible," it'd require the model's limb triangles to be separate from the torso so it can fly off an not stretch out. However, succeeding would result in a particular issue seen in MediEvil: the body parts disappearing on-screen because of the bounding box going off-screen. It might limit how far apart the blast animations can be, but limb-specific anims shouldn't have much trouble.
(Then again, don't body parts have their own draw distance values? It might not be an issue after all...)

Also, as far as I've seen, guards limping is based directly on player bullets. I don't believe there's a way to simply set a guard to limp right away... Even the Actions for damaging a guard with a weapon won't work because it can't target specific body parts like GE's.
Replacing animations could be tricky because players share some animations with guards. Though, I think the two-handed weapons result in unique animations, that might work.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: