ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

New Mission Skill Levels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MRKane

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:51 am    Post subject: New Mission Skill Levels Reply with quote Back to top

Hello again,

Having embattled through much of the "most streamlined way to make new levels" and figured out how to start using the blank level setups to create a level I've now run into another issue:
-What needs to be put in place to get past the difficulty select section of level selection?

So I'm in the midst of testing my geometry for the level, and selected a blank setup from the different PD level entries to use, but naturally it comes with nothing setup. Oddly enough I've no difficulty levels to select to begin the level and thus start looking for errant geometry issues etc.

Also: a bug! (yay!) if you've secondaries for a new texture you've put into the engine yourself, and the texturemodification.txt file isn't in the same directory as the textures themselves (I'm using "import with textures added") then the geometry for the secondaries will come in with the UVs incorrectly mapped. It's kinda difficult to explain and can be resolved by process.

Also also: Is it possible to import clipping from fbx without triangulation? Apparently something isn't triangulated although I'd be buggered if I'd know what! lol

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:26 am    Post subject: Re: New Mission Skill Levels Reply with quote Back to top

I guess that's true - it does use the folder of the textures.txt to locate the files, so it would give you bad UVs if the textures are different but same named in that folder.

There's under Clipping menu, Special -> Quadrulate, but otherwise yeah it just imports triangles, so you would want to triangulate in modeling tool first.

I don't think I understand the no difficulty level thing, but in the setup file you do choose objectives, maybe none are set? Shouldn't matter though. You just need a start point.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've made numerous cheap levels that have no Objectives data at all. Thus, I also don't know what your "difficulty issue" is?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: