ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

I cant update the beta

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Corfix
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject: I cant update the beta Reply with quote Back to top

I dont know where to post this so i posted it here.

When i try to download the latest beta with the beta grabber tool
it breaks my editor i could not launch the editor so i had to reinstall it again.
maybe i was just unlucky but im afraid to update because i will lose my progress on my new project im working on.
I really want the new latest fixes and features.

what should i do ?

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Redownload the beta, sometimes the site will break the connection and you have to try again - or download this link and put it in your editor directory http://www.goldeneyevault.com/editor/runwaysetupeditor.exe

Last edited by pavarini on Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Since the Beta Grabber only downloads a new runwaysetupeditor.exe, there's no need to re-install the whole thing if it breaks and doesn't work. Just wait awhile and try again. If you're paranoid, you can make a quick copy of the working runwaysetupeditor yourself and then use the Beta Grabber. I know one day, I was having trouble with it and it kept overwriting the backup it makes with the bad download, so I just had to wait until the next day to get a good download. Other than that, it's a 95% success rate for me.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Every time I download a newer copy of the Editor, I add the date after the name. That way, I know when I got it, but can still go back to older builds if any issues occur.

Corfix
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK Thanks for the advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: