ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Mouse Injector for TimeSplitters Series

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:51 pm    Post subject: Mouse Injector for TimeSplitters Series Reply with quote Back to top

These are some old Mouse Injector tests that I'm uploading due to multiple requests. They are unfinished - but they do work to some extent. TimeSplitters 1 is a PS2 release so it is bundled with a recent version of PCSX2 (1.5.0-2867) and a custom mouse injector plugin. TimeSplitters 2 and 3 have better emulation with dolphin so I've targeted those releases instead.

These are unfinished tests, expect issues.

TimeSplitters 1 - Download PCSX2 bundle
* Only supports NTSC release
* Only supports 1 player
* Map maker not supported
How to use: Select Lilypad Mouse Injector.dll as input plugin. Follow console prompts - Press insert when you have spawned in map and follow auto config instructions.

TimeSplitters 2/3 and other games - Download Dolphin bundle
* Only supports NTSC releases
* Only supports 1 player
* All sub-systems are unsupported (camera sentries, minigames, etc)
* Buttons textures have been replaced with equivalent keyboard textures (thanks to Graslu00)
How to use: Follow the readme.txt included in the bundle.

Last edited by Carnivorous on Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:17 pm; edited 37 times in total

NutShot
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

YES, YES!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Smile

Will you still work on some extended patch for TS2 and TS3 or is this the final patch already?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've added very rough NightFire support to the Dolphin bundle. This will be the last game supported as I don't like to release half-baked work. I can't do full support unless I can change the Dolphin controls depending on the context

Until I figure that out, it's a waste of time - I'm stuck compromising between a controller layout shared with fps/vehicle/sentry modes, and whatever is customizable by the games (none for NightFire).

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can this be adapted to the Mac version of Dolphin?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It would need to be rewritten for OSX API functions (equivalents of Read/WriteProcessMemory) and I don't own a mac - sorry

cristianomtd
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Been waiting for this, thank you very much Carnivorous!

cristianomtd
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tried TS2, I can shoot and aim with the mouse buttons, but I can't move the camera =/ Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Edit: same problem with TS3 Sad

NutShot
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It works for me.
Make sure that you using the correct control layout in Dolphin.
You must also open the "Mouse-Injector" Exe in the Folder too, and then when the game opens press 4.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are you using the included dolphin build? Did you select profile MouseWASD? If all else fails, redownload the bundle and follow the guide.

cristianomtd
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"You must also open the 'Mouse-Injector' Exe in the Folder too"

Sorry, missed this step (thought just pressing 4 would activate the injector, like 1964). Working fine now, thanks for the tip, Nut!

Carnivorous, since you've been working with Dolphin, I wonder if there's any chance of you doing the same with GoldenEye Wii version? That would be great, thanks for your awesome work with this and 1964.

NutShot
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

cristianomtd wrote:
Carnivorous, since you've been working with Dolphin, I wonder if there's any chance of you doing the same with GoldenEye Wii version? That would be great, thanks for your awesome work with this and 1964.

I would rather love to see a working Mouse Injector for the MOH: Frontline and MOH: European Assault. But Carnivorous has saddly not much time as he stated earlier.
One good thing is that Killer7 is coming to PC, so there is one problem away already. Smile

Actually i think the First Person Games of the whole Wii Catalog won´t need any Mouse Injector at all, because you could replace the Wii Remote with a Mouse inside Dolphin itself via remapping. I remember that i could play some games with that. "Ghost Squad" was such a candidate of that.

cristianomtd
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You're right, I played GE on Dolphin using the mouse, but the movement is so sluggish it was unplayable for me, even with max sensivity. And that's the reason I bought GE Reloaded for PS3 lol

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

cristianomtd wrote:
Carnivorous, since you've been working with Dolphin, I wonder if there's any chance of you doing the same with GoldenEye Wii version?

I don't have the time to work on supporting other games, and without context switching for input - it's going to suck.
Quote:
Can this be adapted to the Mac version of Dolphin?

People are working on python integration for dolphin, mouse injection written in python might be possible in the future

NutShot
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you had yet some time to work on that a little bit more, Carnivorous?
I mean about Mouse Controls for the Turrets? By the way, i think Mouse Injection for the Mapmaker would be no good idea anyway. In the real game you do nothing with the C-Stick when you are in Mapmaker Mode from what i remember. I don´t think it´s require that much support.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I removed some sanity checks, it gets stuck less often for TS3. I'm not going to continue working on this, I don't have the time. And with the recent THQ purchase of the TS IP, a modern port is likely to happen

tl;dr wait for the proper ports instead of this garbage

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: