ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

"Turok 3" and "007: TWINE" Mouse
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NutShot
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:22 am    Post subject: "Turok 3" and "007: TWINE" Mouse Reply with quote Back to top

First off.
Awesome work from "Carnivorous" who made it possible to play "GoldenEye 64" in the way it has to be with a Mouse.
And then he topped it again now with the Timesplitters Series.
Hats off! Smile

Now, could it be also done for the third game in the Turok Series called "Turok 3: Shadow Of Oblivion" and "007: The World Is Not Enough"?
The 1964 Emulator would also boost the 30 FPS Lock in these two games. And then also with proper Mouse Support, a dream would finally come true.

Graslu
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Turok 3 and TWINE has some issues with 1964. They both crash a lot, in TWINE's case it's related to the audio plugin and since none is open source he can't do one that works for 1964.

An updated 1964 build fixes the issue, but the changes are open source so again there's not much he can do about it. And the FPS increase is relative, it may or may not work. I don't think Turok 3 or TWINE can run over it.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Graslu00
Discord: https://discord.gg/tksttVC

NutShot
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don´t want to annoy you now with my questions,
but i have to know if this is also possible.
How is it looking for "007: Nightfire", "007: Agent Under Fire",
"Medal Of Honor: Frontline" and "GoldenEye: Rogue Agent" for an Mouse Injector?

There are all avaible on Dolphin and PCSX2.

NutShot
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
It depends on the complexity of the engine and if I have the time - I am currently working on Nightfire, will post update. soon

Cool. Thanks for your quick answer. I hope this would work for Nightfire,
so we could have "PC-Port" for the real Version of Nightfire and not that
Garbage Version from Gearbox.

NutShot
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
As graslu said, there is a 1964 fork that does fix those issues but it's closed source and the developer has disappeared. I did do a very rough test for twine, which I had to bundle with PJ64 1.6.1. You can try that here - https://files.catbox.moe/t3k9kZ.7z

Like the TS mouse injector, it doesn't support anything beyond player view. So expect a terrible experience.

I actually really like how that worked in the game.
Do you not happen to have any chance to do this to the newer versions of Project64 like 2.3 or 2.4? I like them more because first they provide much more portability instead of Registry Saving and second because of the whole Emulation Stability.

NutShot
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
I did at one point, but pointer scanning didn't work as consistently when I gave it to people for testing. TWINE was also less stable with newer versions of PJ64 (even with the same plugins). You're free to try it here
https://files.catbox.moe/161cvx.zip

Well, that was fast. Smile Thank you.
So far i have better results with this one in terms of Game Loading for example. It loads the levels much faster. The only bug i found is that the Azimar HLE Audio Plugin always resets the Dynamic Audio Sinc for some reason.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Azimer settings are reset per session. You can try using a newer version https://github.com/Azimer/AziAudio/files/1591596/AziAudio.v0.70.WIP10.zip

NutShot
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous!
Please, can you make me one last favor?
If you could implent an Mouse Injector for "Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion" and "Turok: Rage Wars", i would be more than happy. Please, this are the last games i need. Smile

NutShot
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
So you'll have to wait for the [eventual] remaster of turok 3

Nooooooooooooooooooo!

I don´t think there will be coming a remaster for that title. There are too much reasons why this could not happen.

therektafire
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Speaking of Turok I was wondering if the mouse injector would work for Armorines Project Swarm which I believe is based on the Turok 2 engine. I can't figure it out because I can't get it to load in 1964, it starts fine but crashes when trying to load the main menu, I wouldn't be surprised if my settings were wrong but I don't know what to change them to to get it to work right :/

NutShot
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to ask this again.
But will you maybe still ever have the time to make an Mouse Injector for
Turok 3? I have some reasons why i think especially Turok 3 could maybe never get a remaster. I recently played through your Dolphin Mouse Hacks and it´almost perfect what you did there. Would be a little bit sad if you not continue this. Smile

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

NutShot wrote:
Sorry to ask this again.
But will you maybe still ever have the time to make an Mouse Injector for
Turok 3? I have some reasons why i think especially Turok 3 could maybe never get a remaster. I recently played through your Dolphin Mouse Hacks and it´almost perfect what you did there. Would be a little bit sad if you not continue this. Smile

Why don't you think Turok 3 will be remastered? I too doubt it, but only because it's a game that seems to be unfairly maligned by the (not very many) people who played it. I think it's a good game, it has lots of flaws, but was enjoyable, and did some things really well. Some of the 'realistic' level environments were too unconvincing, though, and there were some annoying parts. such as the enemies in the first level that can spit acid at you through walls (and they seem to be able to see though walls too), which I've never been able to decide if it's a bug or not.

And why is it that, when you kill an enemy, you see their spirit/soul leave their body and ascend upwards?

The range of weapons wasn't nearly as impressive as in the first two games, but being able to upgrade them was nice, as was the fact that the weapons changed according to the character you played as (you have a choice of two characters when you started the game), and the way your route through the single player campaign varied slightly according to which character you played against.

But the game wasn't too well known amongst N64 gamers, mainly because it came out so late in the console's life, when so many people had moved onto the Dreamcast or whatever. Plus the game came out after Perfect Dark, but was very much inferior to PD.

Do you know of any other reason why Turok 3 might not be remade?

NutShot
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For me these are the reasons:

- There is no real PC-Port. I believe "Nightdive Studios" based their Remaster on the PC-Port with many additional fixes.

- There is only the Soundtrack in the usual N64 Quality. Because T1 and T2 were both avaible for the PC before the Remasters, so was also of course the high quality Soundtrack from their PC-Ports. Now with T3, it was only avaible for the N64. And so was also the Soundtrack which was only mastered in that awful typical N64 Format (i personally still like it). So for a Remaster "Nightdive Studios" have to go to record the soundtrack from the ground up, cause "Nelson Everhart" (original composer) does not do anything anymore.

- Third reason could be a thing that actually not many people know about the 3rd Game at all. It was released in a bad state, it was released also at a bad time (it was completly overshadowed from Perfect Dark, also many compared it to Half Life 1, which was released 2 years earlier). So in the end i don´t know if "Nightdive Studios" get any praises for themself out of it if they would remaster it. The 3rd Game is only known basically under the "Hardcore" Fans of Turok.

NutShot
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous, did you read my previous posts? Smile

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sorry but I don't have the time to work on any more mouse injectors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: