ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Need help troubleshooting my attempt at importing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If a preset isn't over clipping, it will crash the game usually. I think I posted a checklist earlier in this thread somewhere, but you basically have to back everything up, and then go simple and delete all of one category until it works again. Glad it's back anyways.

loofadawg
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The problem I had with the presets is I couldn't find where they went. I clicked delete unused presets... Which I knew wouldn't do anything, I did plink before that... All sorts of things. Only today did I see the option to go to preset. I bet I could have delete them then. Then placed new ones.

loofadawg
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I found the part where you can tick Clamp S and Clamp T. I highlighted what I thought I need to set but I am not really sure what to do. Without or without me setting Clamp S the textures is still looks like it it has shifted vertically.

I have no clue what to do here

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Clamp flags you turn on, but then you have to mess with the UVs to put them back into the 0 to 1 range only (not sure why game doesn't have that exported that way...must've been different commands). It's a pain.

loofadawg
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Progress update:

I have been working on adjusting the textures (through Blender) and I have made some improvements to it, it isn't perfect, though. I am trying to ask for less help and doing more on my own.

As always thanks for the support and help.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was just thinking that it would play well in PD, with all those drops. But then I remembered how much of a pain in the ass it was doing Library / Stack for GE-X. The upper walkways having no railings makes it more trouble setting up the AI Path Network that the Simulants rely on to get around. That's one of the reasons I added railings into the PD+ version. Rare did the same thing in Complex, and likely to avoid both the headache and strange Sim behaviour at times.

loofadawg
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I actually do want to port it eventually to PD in the future. PD's lighting would be nice. If I can connect the two, I also want to add Targitzan's Temple below this one because that is based on the basement. I think though that might be pushing things though.

Wumba's Wigwam has a problem (I think) exporting so it takes some patience to fix what it messes up.

I was taking a closer look at Clinker’s Cavern (GE's The Complex) today and I noticed that the doorways are going to need some work. Some of the textures got moved over. plus there is the whole UV issues present there too.

Anyways, I think I got those UV's under control.

Edit:

The seams are still visible but this is definitely an improvement. Using Shogun's instructions I have started on separating the dual floor textures into primary and secondary.

After that,. It's object placement and lighting.

Random bit here:

Our St. Mary's Hospital recently had their floors clipped. 😉

loofadawg
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am having a difficult time with doors. I am using the "shutter up/down" behavior.
When I open the door, the garage door sound triggers, the door disappears and I can't walk through.

Is there a door tutorial?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Try copying the values from a slider from Runway in the Object Editor - they have different parameters than swinger doors, so you have to adjust them so they open normally for sliders.

loofadawg
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have it working. Yay.

My only issue is I cannot place the door further into the hall. I assume it is because the main room where the portal is at flat, where as the hall is sloped.

To fix that I will have modify the hall to have a flat area to place the door.

Meanwhile, how bad does this look if I leave it the way it is? I could make the door wider.

Edit:. So it seems I *can* place them in some areas, but other areas are less forgiving.

The other issue is I copied and pasted the door from another level. And at the moment that is the only way I can get them to work properly. I tried to copy the settings and using those but I must be missing others that causes them to open and close properly and let's you walk through them.

https://youtu.be/-_AbS-ekbTw

Here is a video if some of my progress.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It uses clipping to place, maybe it tried to place it and no clipping was there? Did you get an error or what happened?

loofadawg
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I do not get an error.
I have seen the error about no clipping being present but not in this case.

Watch the video and you can see doors that were copied from another level that I paste in mine, those are the ones that work. You will see me come to a door at one point and when I open it, the garage sound triggers, and the door disappears but I cannot walk forward. It's as if it is still there. I am thinking there is a setting that still needs to be set.

I cannot always place the copied doors where I want. They tend to snap to one direction or another.

Using the portal insert door method I can get the look I want but the door doesn't work.

If the editor had an option to "insert copied/clone door at portal" I guess whatever setting I am not able to set would transfer.

Here is what I set by the way, maybe it will be obvious what I am missing:
1) Portal mode, Press "I" and click in four corners
2) Insert door (let the editor auto place it at portal)
3) Door sound: Garage
4) Opening method: Shutter up/down
5) toggle bit flags 1000 0000 "Area behind..." Ticked, all others not ticked
6) Linked doors: unlinked

I have inserted the doors manually and still no luck.

The key I think is the door just "vanishing" when I open it.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah ok, what you can do, is generate the door from portal, delete the door but keep the preset and write down it's number. Then copy and paste your new door, then right click and move the door to the preset you created.

loofadawg
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Perfect! Worked like a charm.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

loofadawg wrote:
Our St. Mary's Hospital recently had their floors clipped. 😉

Haha, that's great... and looks really cool.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: