ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Guards engaging Jo in custom levels
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You need a clean network, did check syntax find anything? It's possible you just missed one or had an isolated one.

MRKane

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"Tools>Check Level for Errors" returns "No errors found"

Where can I find "check syntax"? Very Happy

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MRKane wrote:
Can path nodes be set to "don't traverse" with the AI? I'm pretty sure they can but am not in the position to check right now Smile

I would think not, since the point of the path nodes is to let the AI traverse the level.

MRKane wrote:
"Tools>Check Level for Errors" returns "No errors found"

Where can I find "check syntax"? Very Happy

I think SubDrag mixed up with the Action Block editor button, which is named Check Syntax.

And, PD definitely supports isolated but different-numbered Sets. The only example I know of is Archives GE-X, but logic dictates that Deep Sea would be a vanilla example because of the teleporters. I remember Wreck saying he worked on path sets, maybe he can help once he's back in town.

MRKane

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm actually only using built-in actions for the Action Blocks, I was hoping that would get around any potential fumbling on my part.

I'll keep at it, but for the moment I guess the only solution is to make more levels Wink

Also: Room001_primary is the "moon" in the Datadyne level, it must have a special draw code as there aren't any portals to it.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The special "rooms" in PD maps are located under the Stage Options menu. Defection, Extraction and Blonde's Revenge have a moon, Attack Ship has a planet, some (all?) of the Area 51 levels have a horizon backdrop, and both Skedar Ruins missions have that rainbow surround. These are special and act different. You can either avoid these stage IDs, don't include a room at that number (blank room), or possibly change the hardcoded room ID to something really high that you won't reach. You can probably also just change the level ID in a little box, if memory serves me right. You might need to do the same thing with the Stars, which are also supported in Stage Options. Changing that stuff should be enough to get custom maps running in those spots.

MRKane

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've still not figured out how to change the level order and come out with a working rom - even if I swap level one and two it still results in things not loading. Instead I decided to get creative and planned missions around constraints. The magic word is "planned" as I've not much to show for it so far Smile

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wait, what? Wreck showed up, but didn't say anything about the sets! Sad

MRKane wrote:
I'm actually only using built-in actions for the Action Blocks, I was hoping that would get around any potential fumbling on my part.

You should really include "Setup Guard/Simulant AI" in a 10XX block at the least. Every stage uses it. A simple jump to 0017 should do.

MRKane

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"Setup Guard/Simulant AI" in the 10XX block? Gawdamn I was putting that sample code in the 4XX blocks. I've got to study some more levels!

I'm sure there's a process for getting everything in and being sure it works, I've just got to find that method!

MRKane

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bump - I'm still trying to figure this one out!

Wreck: Do you have any words of wisdom here? Smile

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Your last posts here talk about differing things. Do you still need help on how to change isolated path sets to different numbers? I still don't know how to do that.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, let us know which things you are having troubles with, and hopefully we can help sort them out. If needed, you can send me a patch to look at, should you continue to run into problems. I know PD is a bigger pain than GE, and I am (unfortunately for now) one of the few people around here with experience modding it.

MRKane

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quick update on the state of the guard behaviour:
I finally got the chance to test things out on the N64 and oddly enough I didn't experience any lockups when usually I'd have problems within moments of guards becoming active on emulator. I've been busy working on a different level but might come back to that shortly Smile

Next observation: EVERYTHING IS MUCH MORE SATURATED AND BRIGHTER ON ACTUAL HARDWARE!!! Seriously - it's gone from well balanced colours in Blender, to slightly more vivid on emulator, to outright gaudy on console! I'd better come up with some cunning script to handle that, or just do a lot of repainting Sad

oldyz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MRkane -
i dont know if this might help, but maybe you can try to use the so-called pixel accurate plugins with the emulators and see if this makes what you see on the PC match what you see on the real console better

MRKane

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Wreck (or anyone else)

If you've got the time the xdelta is here:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=03399858974367161932

So I've replaced Investigation (level 2) with the basic level. Everything was made from exports out of Blender (including the pathways) and for this setup I've dropped a few guards in with a basic setup Action script (copied from Defection) then going to seated guard. Thing is that the level just flat out locks up inside the Emulator so I can only assume that I've done something wrong and would love to have it rectified so I can continue to push forward with the mod Smile

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Darnedest thing, really. I tried it out and, once again, it's crashing because of a specific guard ID. This time, it's ID 01. For some reason, 00 is fine, but 01 is not. Can we even say it's because of the Sets now? I only see one path Set, which should cause no pathing problems, Set number-wise.

Your 0413 action block has some issues, but it's not crashing anything for me. This is me talking your ear off, but... The way it currently is, that's good if you were using it for a spawned-in guard; Making Guard Foe and setting the group number, then following it with Setup Guard/Simulant AI any time after is the correct order. It's just not necessary for a pre-existing guard because you can set both of those in Edit Objects.

But, you used FE for Make Guard Foe, which I imagine was a mis-click on your end? Now, last thing, I swear, the two "Object Flags" and the "Guard Bit" you set in the block pretty much don't do anything as they are. The former are halves of two different settings and the latter is...I don't know, but I've not seen it do anything... So for that block to serve its purpose, you only need the accuracy, the alertness, and the jump to 0006.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: