ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Weird Joint issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject: Weird Joint issue Reply with quote Back to top

I attempted to port joanna by editing the tree to fit GE's rig.

This was the result.
Is this because of the PD joints or something else?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They have different indexes for each joint, and I think PD has one less joint than GE, so it's a bit tricky.

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is it possible to fix them?

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's a button in Model Editor along the likes of "Import PD model to GE" or something. When I once tried it, it rigged up all the bones correctly except for the hips/waist area, which turned out to be the overall root rotator bone. If you know how to re-rig the waist to GE's waist bone after importing (I don't), then that should be the only step needed. Well, that and clicking one of the "re-calculate" buttons so shooting it doesn't crash.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I did most of the character porting between games manually, so I can't offer up much help when it comes to using modeling programs or the Model Editor menu of the GE/PD Editor. It was a bit easier going from GE to PD, since they did away with the unique & shared points tables, which help with bleeding between joints (like lower leg to upper leg). I didn't have that properly setup in my PD ports to GE, but I think the Editor might be able to redo that automatically now.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I fixed up the main issues with Jo Combat, Trent Easton and Mr. Blonde last night, and sent the model templates to SubDrag. They should all be up now for download. The head and body are separate files, just as they were in PD. The hitbox around Blonde's head / neck is a bit big, so I may have to revisit that at some point. Necks were handled a bit differently between GE and PD. I also had Cassandra in the works, but something is wrong with the body, and crashes both game and Editor. I might check into that in the future.

Edit: Redid and submitted Cassandra.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: