ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Custom sized wall monitor screens...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject: Custom sized wall monitor screens... Reply with quote Back to top

Just wondering how custom sized wall monitor screens are created... I can only get them to show up as 00 objects which can only be stretched proportionally...they disappear from view in the editor the moment I try to make them a 27 object.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Copy one from an existing level so has the right flags. Or better yet make it a prefab.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That is weird. I was just messing around with that to see, and this is the best workaround I could come up with...

Right-click and choose Insert 27 Object, then pick 0068 Window Glass. Once added, right-click on it, go to Change 27 Object, and select 004D Wall Monitor Screen. It will change in appearance. Right-click on it again, go to Change Object Type, and pick 0A Single-Screen Monitor. It will remain visible, and you can tweak the size and position. You will need to rotate it, which gets tricky...

First, change the bitflags to use In Air (and not the Rotated 90 Degrees one). Then, in Edit Presets, you can swap the YMin with ZMin and the YMax with ZMax. Make the Up Vector only have Y as 3F800000 and either Target Vector X or Z as 3F800000. This should make the model reappear, and be properly edited. You may or may not need to toggle on the Z to Preset Bounds flag, as well, so see if all stretching you need cooperates.

Confusing, but it appears to work...

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for both responses. So creating a Prefab definitely did the trick. I’m assuming I am correct in thinking that Prefabs are just object templates that save the dimensions and flags attached to said object?
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: