ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Face Mapping Tutorial?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
klobberin' time
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:03 pm    Post subject: Face Mapping Tutorial? Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings fellow 00's!

I just discovered and got into this whole emulating/editing thing so please bear with my inexperience. I'm going to start slowly tinkering with my own personal ROM as a hobby and the first step I'd like to do is put my face and my friends faces on the characters. I know it can be done and I sort of know how, but I was wondering if anybody can point me in the direction of a more in depth tutorial of any sort.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tbh there isn't really a "new" tutorial, the tutorial i found by trevor was years old.
Basically the gist is
1. Import textures
2. fix UVs in visual editor
If you need I can help here or on graslu's discord, done it before.

Trevor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just because its years old, doesn't make it any less relevant.
The tutorial is perfectly accurate now as it was then and can be found here
http://fgfc.ddns.net/perfectgold/FaceMappingTut_V2/

Also, that's the wrong gist, the gist is in fact:
Export head
make texture (bigger = better)
map to head
split head (to make new 32x64x8 textures of front, back and side)
re-map split textures to head
import textures and head to PG

Trev

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, didn't know you made a V2, only found the original: http://fgfc.ddns.net/Goldfinger/FaceMappingTut/

klobberin' time
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello Again!

Wouldn't you know, almost right after I posted this topic, life got super busy and I've only just now been able to sit down and and start dabbling in this. I've been going off of the original tutorial and have gotten all the Photoshop and blending parts down, but I have gotten snagged at the point where the wire-frame and lithunwrap come into the picture. I'm mainly confused about how I get the wire-frame in the first place and then the final implementation into the editor. If anybody could shine some light on the subject or point me in the direction of another collection of knowledge, it would be greatly appreciated!

Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[quote=klobberin' time]but I have gotten snagged at the point where the wire-frame and lithunwrap come into the picture. I'm mainly confused about how I get the wire-frame in the first place and then the final implementation into the editor.[/quote]

ok, so, in your favourite UV mapper (I used lithunwrap) make the All-in-One texture fit the head seamlessly

then if your using lithunwrap you can save the wireframe by file>UV>Save which will create a bmp with the wireframe.

Import this wireframe and make sure its resolution matches your All-in-one texture

you can then cut around the face parts to get 2 or 3 separate textures.

re-import the textures into a UV tool and re-map to fit the wireframe

finally re-save the textures after removing the wireframe layer and converting to 32x64x8bit

Trev

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: