ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

CD-Quality GoldenEye 007 Music Revisted
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Going through your Mario Kart 64 tracks made me realize the USFs l have are all one bit too slow, so I had to fix all those. I always felt odd when I played them and 'forgot' how slow they were.

But also, I noticed your own track for "No Trophy for You!" is way too fast compared to in-game. I do not mean the game's way of ending it, I mean the overall speed is never that fast. Or, did you do that intentionally because the OST perhaps does it?

Well, either way, your work is well done and opens my ears to new accompaniments.

L. Spiro
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you.

In rare cases the game dynamically changes tempos and volumes.
If I am made aware of these I can look at what the game is doing. I had forgotten the tempo of that song, and it is recorded at the tempo set by the MIDI file.

An example is Dire, Dire Docks from Super Mario 64.
I wrote a program to time the volume changes when you jump into the water (strings take 3.298 seconds, percussion takes 6.629 seconds).

I may re-record that if I can determine the actual tempo.

L. Spiro

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

L. Spiro wrote:
GoldenEye 007 redone: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWsnao9n727PT17V5AzCkZYEQqeuVm01E (same link as before).
It was re-recorded with the same settings as Perfect Dark so as to make them a consistent set.

I was curious when you mentioned you used the same settings as Perfect Dark for the Goldeneye tracks and so I took a listen. I noticed that the Silo X track (with Perfect Dark Settings) sounds just like how it does in GoldenEye X! It does not sound like how it does in the original Goldeneye. I've been trying to see if the GoldenEye X team could fix the instruments so that they could sound more like Goldeneye (with Goldeneye settings I guess) but I guess I wasn't clear about it to them. If you go here and then listen to this loop point and compare it to the loop point from your Silo X track with the Perfect Dark setttings they both sound different. The one from the link I gave is the original settings from Goldeneye and you can hear it has a more base sound to it. The perfect dark version you did does not. The one you did is EXACTLY how it sounds in the GoldenEye X game mod.

So how did you use the Goldeneye tracks with the Perfect Dark settings? Did you use the Goldeneye key instruments or the Perfect Dark key instruments?

I'm asking cause I'm wondering if it's possible to get the Goldeneye soundtracks to sound EXACTLY how they sound in Goldeneye in the Perfect Dark game. To make this less confusing for you if you have played GoldenEye X you would know exactly what I am talking about. The Silo X you did with the PD settings sounds like how it does in GoldenEye X and not like in the original Goldeneye.

L. Spiro
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I used that channel as a reference when making the tracks.

I disagree that there is an actual difference—all differences should be related to the fact that mine sounds more crisp and clear, bringing out the higher frequencies a bit more, etc. The bass is still there, but mine has a better range in the high frequencies.
I personally hate Silo X as a song, avoid listening to it when I can, and don’t remember it in the game (probably blocked it out). Same with Dam X. They were not meant for clarity.

But all of the balancing issues (which is what this basically is) relate simply to the fact that my recordings bring out a wider range of frequencies. I couldn’t hear less bass with my $500 noise-cancelling BOSE headphones, I just heard more of the higher frequencies, which might make it seem as though instead the bass has decreased.

As for how the sets are now unified and using the same settings, that refers to the reverb and chorus used, which is normally different for each OST, and so is the range.
Perfect Dark and GoldenEye 007 here use the same reverb in the ranges from 24 to 48 (and chorus set to 16).
Super Mario 64 uses a slightly different reverb and all tracks are set to 20 throughout with a different type of chorus which is set to 48 throughout, as an example.

Turok: Dinosaur Hunter uses no reverb (the reverb is baked into the samples) or chorus at all. It’s the “purest” set because it uses absolutely no approximations, and yet still you can hear the difference in quality, even as basic as the sound is (but, since I don’t distort the wave file with dynamic range compression or expansion, you will have to turn theirs down for an actual comparison. I don’t master these in any way, so as to stay faithful to the game and keep the waveforms “pure”—what you hear is what is output, plus normalization and fade-out).

No instrument-swapping was done etc. GoldenEye 007 only uses its own set of instruments, Perfect Dark uses only its own, etc.
In rare cases, songs sound worse when heard clearly.
When I recorded Silo X and Dam X the first time, I had to double-check that the horribleness really is in the game, and it is. You can hear that they are actually the same if you can mentally remove the clarity from my recordings.

And that is the same reason you think mine sound exactly like in GoldenEye X. That is how they are actually balanced. Clarity is not kind to those tracks.

Keep in mind that the composers themselves only heard their work on the Nintendo 64 dev machine during development. They didn’t compose it with some other clearer tool and then put them into the game.

L. Spiro

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

L. Spiro wrote:

Are you talking about the youtube channel I linked?

L. Spiro wrote:
I disagree that there is an actual difference—all differences should be related to the fact that mine sounds more crisp and clear, bringing out the higher frequencies a bit more, etc. The bass is still there, but mine has a better range in the high frequencies.

Did you check out the links I put of both loop points? I'm not undermining your work. I'm simply pointing out that the original Goldeneye has deep base tones compare to the Perfect Dark settings. Goldeneye X happens to use those same perfect dark settings because it derives from Perfect Dark's sound engine is what I am trying to tell you.

L. Spiro wrote:
I personally hate Silo X as a song, avoid listening to it when I can, and don’t remember it in the game (probably blocked it out). Same with Dam X. They were not meant for clarity.

There are other examples like Surface II when the chorus comes on you can hear it sounds more present in the original Goldeneye compared to Goldeneye X and your PD re-recording where like you said you hear high frequencies for the other instruments more.

L. Spiro wrote:
But all of the balancing issues (which is what this basically is) relate simply to the fact that my recordings bring out a wider range of frequencies. I couldn’t hear less bass with my $500 noise-cancelling BOSE headphones, I just heard more of the higher frequencies, which might make it seem as though instead the bass has decreased.

I agree with you 100% here. In Cradle's case both the original Goldeneye track and your re-recording the bass level sounds the same. However, in Goldeneye X the first 'Bang' noise you hear right at the beginning and then the second one at the 20 second mark sounds lower than the original and your pd re-recording. This is only in the GoldenEye X game itself.

L. Spiro wrote:
As for how the sets are now unified and using the same settings, that refers to the reverb and chorus used, which is normally different for each OST, and so is the range.
Perfect Dark and GoldenEye 007 here use the same reverb in the ranges from 24 to 48 (and chorus set to 16).

So if the settings for both Goldeneye and Perfect Dark are the same settings in terms of the chorus and reverb ranges used then what is the difference between using Goldeneye settings for one set recording and using Perfect Dark settings for another set recording?

L. Spiro wrote:
No instrument-swapping was done etc. GoldenEye 007 only uses its own set of instruments, Perfect Dark uses only its own, etc.

Well that's clear now. So I guess you used the Perfect Dark instruments for the Goldeneye tracks recorded on this set, correct?

L. Spiro wrote:
When I recorded Silo X and Dam X the first time, I had to double-check that the horribleness really is in the game, and it is. You can hear that they are actually the same if you can mentally remove the clarity from my recordings.

To me the link I gave to the original Silo X track compared to your "PD settings re-recording" has a more deeper pronounced bass sound sample.

L. Spiro wrote:
And that is the same reason you think mine sound exactly like in GoldenEye X. That is how they are actually balanced. Clarity is not kind to those tracks.

I can't refute this with you. The only way you will know what I'm trying to say for sure is if you download the latest GoldenEye X patch go to VR mode and go to the soundtrack menu and take a listen to the tracks mentioned for yourself. Otherwise, you're going to keep proving your point about you're recordings and I am going to have to tell you how some of your re-recordings sound like GoldenEye X. Although in GoldenEye X tracks like Jungle and Control have a distorted buzz like noise to it where as in your perfect dark re-recording set they are not present. i wonder why that is.

L. Spiro wrote:
Keep in mind that the composers themselves only heard their work on the Nintendo 64 dev machine during development. They didn’t compose it with some other clearer tool and then put them into the game.

L. Spiro

Sure. I don't know if there is any factual truth to that claim for sure but okay.

Keep in mind though that I am not undermining your work. I'm just trying to figure out what went wrong during Goldeneye X's development that the soundtracks don't sound 100% identical to the original Goldeneye 64 game. Hoping there is some sort of solution out there for it. That's all.

After all, reading the detail patch readme file they mentioned that "certain Instruments or sounds might be slightly off from originals." That's taken directly from the GoldenEye X readme file.

L. Spiro
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I found the issue and am afraid to say there is no true solution. I have known about this issue for a long time, so I re-enabled some test code I had made in the past to handle this issue. It fixes your complaint but only produces a different set of complaints.
https://docs.cycling74.com/max5/tutorials/msp-tut/mspchapter22.html

Nintendo 64 uses a linear pan, modern machines use an arc pan.
In a linear pan, a centered track will be at 0.5 volume on both channels, which results in an actual volume of ~0.7071.
Modern hardware and software synthesizers use what the article calls “equal distance crossfade,” using sin() and cos() to ensure that the volume is 1 regardless of the pan.
They both produce the same result on the far left and far right, but at pan=0 the linear way will be 70.71% the volume it should be.

So I had in the past added a setting to my custom tool chain to compensate for this by calculating what the volume would be on Nintendo 64 based on pan and used the “Expression” MIDI control to adjust the levels.
This won’t actually solve the whole problem because there are too many cases where instruments have multiple different pan values which creates very unnatural results in a different set of cases.
Percussion is the most common example. Normally a percussion track has a centered pan, and my algorithm would assign it an expression of 71. But look at GoldenEye 007 instrument 12 and you will find that some of the samples have a pan of L24, R36, L34, etc. Remember that at the center there is a change in volume but, at the far left and far right, both pan methods reach a volume of 1.0 (they converge). As these samples move away from the center they are supposed to get louder.

So if the drum track has been set to expression 71 due to center panning, and the sample itself has moved far to the left or right, it will sound much quieter than it should, and now you just have a new set of balancing complaints.
Percussion would be the most common to “drown out” but it could have weird effects on other types of instruments too.

It is very important not to change the volume levels of the samples themselves. There are many cases where multiple samples are stacked on top of each other on a single note, and which sample is selected depends on how hard you play the note. For example if your volume is from 1-20, play X sound, if from 21 to 127 play Y sound. So you can’t modify the velocity levels inside the MIDI file to rebalance it either or you may end up playing an entirely wrong sample. The sample curves are also not linear, so you can’t just increase by 29% or something. You also can’t adjust the velocity in the MIDI file and then adjust the sample velocity ranges to compensate, as this would “round out” some samples entirely since it compresses the velocity range.
Meaning if you had a sample where velocities 1-20 are X, 21 is Y, 22 is Z, and 23-127 is W, if you curve up these ranges you might round Y or Z out of existence since these are integers and not floats/doubles.

So there really is no solution for most games.
I had to decide between the lesser of evils, and I chose a more stable solution that works very well on almost every song (as you can hear), because the primary victim of the other solution is percussion, which is even worse of an issue when it is too quiet, and if you had an organ or melody instrument with multiple pans, it would really destroy the song.

As a compromise, I do have solutions to all of the other balancing issues, which are not present (the solutions) in any other online recordings or GoldenEye X. See below.

There is some good news. Banjo-Kazooie uses centered pan for every single sample. Only in that kind of rare case I can actually handle the pan volumes correctly with my method.
Banjo-Tooie has already been started and I already decided to redo Banjo-Kazooie to match it (same as matching GoldenEye 007 and Perfect Dark). These 2 sets will have absolutely no balance issues in the end.

But for most sets, you will simply have to deal with this kind of issue. Rarely there are tracks that just can’t handle this difference, and there is nothing I can do.

I will still reply to your questions:

Thundera8589 wrote:
L. Spiro wrote:

Are you talking about the youtube channel I linked?

Yes. Rather than playing through all of these games I use what I consider reliable uploads. GilvaSunner tends to have faithful uploads.

Thundera8589 wrote:
L. Spiro wrote:

Did you check out the links I put of both loop points? I'm not undermining your work. I'm simply pointing out that the original Goldeneye has deep base tones compare to the Perfect Dark settings. Goldeneye X happens to use those same perfect dark settings because it derives from Perfect Dark's sound engine is what I am trying to tell you.

I checked all of your links and listened repeatedly.

Thundera8589 wrote:
L. Spiro wrote:

There are other examples like Surface II when the chorus comes on you can hear it sounds more present in the original Goldeneye compared to Goldeneye X and your PD re-recording where like you said you hear high frequencies for the other instruments more.

Same issue.

Thundera8589 wrote:
L. Spiro wrote:

I agree with you 100% here. In Cradle's case both the original Goldeneye track and your re-recording the bass level sounds the same. However, in Goldeneye X the first 'Bang' noise you hear right at the beginning and then the second one at the 20 second mark sounds lower than the original and your pd re-recording. This is only in the GoldenEye X game itself.

As mentioned above I solved all of the other balancing issues, which is why you will still have these issues with SoundFonts etc. that are not present in mine.
The Nintendo 64 has special curves for both MIDI “main volume” and sample velocity levels. These are not represented correctly when played back in today’s hardware or software, so trying to get this accuracy and quality from a SoundFont is impossible.

Thundera8589 wrote:
L. Spiro wrote:

So if the settings for both Goldeneye and Perfect Dark are the same settings in terms of the chorus and reverb ranges used then what is the difference between using Goldeneye settings for one set recording and using Perfect Dark settings for another set recording?

“Settings” refers to reverb and chorus only. There is no difference, unless you are asking a hypothetical. If you are asking, “Since the settings are the same, what is different?”, the answer is: The samples and MIDI files.
That doesn’t appear to be what you are asking, so I don’t know how to answer this. The same reverb and chorus settings were used for GoldenEye 007 and Perfect Dark. Other games use different reverb and chorus settings. I don’t know how to answer more clearly than this.

Thundera8589 wrote:
L. Spiro wrote:

Well that's clear now. So I guess you used the Perfect Dark instruments for the Goldeneye tracks recorded on this set, correct?

That is the opposite of what I said.
In all sets, each game uses only its own set of samples. There are no exceptions to this. Ever.
There are NO samples from Perfect Dark in any GoldenEye 007 set I have ever done, including this most recent one. They do share a few samples, such as one of the bass sounds, but this is a separate issue.

Thundera8589 wrote:
L. Spiro wrote:

To me the link I gave to the original Silo X track compared to your "PD settings re-recording" has a more deeper pronounced bass sound sample.

Balancing issue above.

Thundera8589 wrote:
L. Spiro wrote:

I can't refute this with you. The only way you will know what I'm trying to say for sure is if you download the latest GoldenEye X patch go to VR mode and go to the soundtrack menu and take a listen to the tracks mentioned for yourself. Otherwise, you're going to keep proving your point about you're recordings and I am going to have to tell you how some of your re-recordings sound like GoldenEye X. Although in GoldenEye X tracks like Jungle and Control have a distorted buzz like noise to it where as in your perfect dark re-recording set they are not present. i wonder why that is.

Better synthesis. Mine are recorded on $4,000 equipment.

Thundera8589 wrote:
L. Spiro wrote:

Sure. I don't know if there is any factual truth to that claim for sure but okay.

One of the composers told me this directly, face-to-face in his office. I am relaying what I was told.

Thundera8589 wrote:
Keep in mind though that I am not undermining your work. I'm just trying to figure out what went wrong during Goldeneye X's development that the soundtracks don't sound 100% identical to the original Goldeneye 64 game. Hoping there is some sort of solution out there for it. That's all.

After all, reading the detail patch readme file they mentioned that "certain Instruments or sounds might be slightly off from originals." That's taken directly from the GoldenEye X readme file.

Should be clear by now.
All reproductions will have some balancing issues. Both GoldenEye X and mine are using a more accurate pan implementation, so some of the things that sound different from the original game sound the same in mine and GoldenEye X. When you hear these imbalances, listen for how close to the center the track is.
And at the same time I solved all of the other balancing issues (velocity and main-volume curves are not represented correctly when played on PC via SoundFont), I use a custom pipeline I wrote from scratch, and $4,000 equipment for synthesis, so mine sound different from GoldenEye X in other ways.

The pan issue is regrettable, but it can’t be solved, and it is the primary reason you can’t get the same sound as in the game in GoldenEye X (so you can stop beating yourself up looking for what went “wrong”). I requested to the manufacturer of my synthesizer to allow an option to switch to X-pan (linear cross-fade), but it is unlikely to go anywhere.

So as it stands this is the best you can possibly get. I wish that was good enough for everyone.

L. Spiro

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good insight but any solutions to Goldeneye X come down to the devolopment team. Perhaps they can read this to try and find a solution but you're akready saying there is nothing that can be done about it so I'll just put it to rest. I'm sure they won't budge to look into the sound issues anyway.

Goldeneye only had two composers Graeme Northgate and Grant Kirkhope. So one of them had to have told you in their office. I still don't believe there is any truth to this but if you say so.

Anyway, I don't understand any of this mumbojumbo stuff moreso the confusing link you just gave but I guess since you're the expert on this I'll just take your word for it and call it day. Okay.

Thanks for the replies.

L. Spiro
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Robin Beanland contributed 1 song.
Fun Fact: He was working on another game at the time, had some spare time, and asked if he could contribute. That is how one of his songs got into the game.

I don’t need my word to just be taken, I can prove it.
As it turns out Silo X is a special case. It has instrument 21, which has multiple pans, so this would ordinarily be a problem, but for whatever reason there are no notes on that track.
That means that all instruments in the song have only a single sample pan value.

So because of luck, I am able to make a perfect Silo X recording.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_XcK08ZSc0&feature=youtu.be

Previous for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChbI0rX_XV0

There you go, all issues solved by using my “expression” MIDI control patch.
As you can see now, it sounds exactly like in the game, and not like in GoldenEye X.

L. Spiro

NutShot
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thundera8589 wrote:
Goldeneye only had two composers Graeme Northgate and Grant Kirkhope. So one of them had to have told you in their office. I still don't believe there is any truth to this but if you say so

Even we should never believe a foreign person what he/she is trying to tell us, something we learn in kids school, i must admit that i believe her in this statement.
What reason gives yourself to say that you don´t believe it? Yeah, i could say that also, cause i don´t know her personally. But maybe she is Mrs. Kirkhope or Mrs. Northgate.
Who **** knows? Does it even matter???
A personal opinion by the way, is to say something like "i don´t believe there is any truth" regarding of a sentence from a person which doing stuff like this N64 Soundtrack Remaster
in her free time, in which contrary she gives you something for FREE, is not a smart move. That belongs to every thing in the World.
It is in the Job, it is so when you buy something, it is when you talk to a person, it is also so on the internet. You just saying to a person you don´t believe her/his crap.

Thundera8589 wrote:
Anyway, I don't understand any of this mumbojumbo stuff moreso the confusing link you just gave but I guess since you're the expert on this I'll just take your word for it and call it day. Okay.

And then you just can´t stop it because someone is not on your opinion.
If i would be in her position, after i hearing something like this, i would think about it if would even necessary to upload stuff to arrogant people like you anymore. Please think about it twice in the future.

And yes, rip my post now apart and quote all, cause i know you will be really upset about it. Have a bad day!

L. Spiro
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As a result of this conversation I will redo GoldenEye 007 and Perfect Dark one last time.

I had previously resigned myself to the fact that there are no practical solutions to the X-pan vs. arc-pan volume issues, but was aware that in special cases, such as those in Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie, where all samples of all instruments have a centered pan, it is possible to get the correct results with my "expression" adjustments.

This is being demonstrated even right now as I put up more and more 100% balanced Banjo-Tooie songs: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWsnao9n727OfHutCk6mlIbr0AGk61HOn
The balance in every single song is spot-on with the game.

Since I am determined to provide the world with the "final" set of recordings for all of their favorite Nintendo 64 games, I can't accept this X-pan/arc-pan volume issue unless there is 100% no way to solve it.

Well, there is a way to solve it.
The way to solve it is to move the non-centered samples to their own tracks and use MIDI "expression" to handle them there.
Having done this in the past, it can create an explosion of tracks, and I can only record 16 at a time. If you have 33 tracks, you have to record 16, then 16, then 1, and then combine their WAV's into the final song at the end. My scripts do the combings for me and are accurate to the sample, but that means 3 recording sessions for 1 song.
If you move all the non-centered samples to their own tracks, you can easily end up with 60-100 tracks.

In short, there is a solution. It's just slow and tedious and will increase the amount of work I have to do for each OST significantly.

But whatever it takes is whatever it takes.
I will record GoldenEye 007 and Perfect Dark both, one last time.

Just let me finish with Banjo-Tooie and Banjo-Kaoozie first.

I will also be announcing a new project related to GoldenEye 007 and Perfect Dark soon, and it's not small news. I have an epic-level project starting up soon, far bigger and more exciting than these never-before CD-quality music release (a new never-before is coming), but I want to make a prototype before I give a full explanation/release.

Regards,
L. Spiro

NutShot
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do whatever you think is the best to make the most finished products of these two Soundtracks ever released. But please don´t get solicit from other comments. You doing a good job. Better then anything official Soundtrack produced by Mr. Nintendo himself.
I´m guess this new "Ultra, bigg and more exciting" Project only has to be something with replaced instruments for the tracks. Smile

Can you please pm me if you you have finished these two?
Do you still have my E-Mail?
Thank you.

L. Spiro
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you.

I didn't cave to one person, I am simply committed to the end results.
In 5 years we can either say, "She was lazy, so we got these decent results that might need to be replaced," or, "She worked her ass off, so now we have perfect results, forever."
If I put out anything less than the best, and my excuse is, "But it was haaaaard," that is unacceptable. The world does not deserve "slightly imperfect" results simply because 1 woman didn't want to put in the effort. That's not how I got where I am in life.

The results will be more accurate, so I will do it. Simple as that.

The new project is unrelated to music.
It's something for the whole family—or just for individual hobbyists who like to build models—and it is physical, but it's also much more than just building models. And it relates to GoldenEye 007, Perfect Dark, Mario Kart 64, The Legend of Zelda, etc.
I have already given details out in a few smaller places so it is not a major secret, but when it comes to a larger public announcement I just want to have a prototype to demonstrate first.
If anyone is curious, I can give details via PM. Or Discord.

I have your e-mail. You will get the new GoldenEye 007 and Perfect Dark sets once recorded.

L. Spiro

sfGBCG
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I really appreciate your high quality music but my one little gripe is when you upload them to YouTube, it takes up the whole sub feed since there's so many of them. Smile Is it possible for you to upload one public video and put a link to the playlist of the other unlisted videos in the description please? And maybe at a later date, make them public.

Aah, if only YouTube allowed people to upload playlists of their own videos that shows in the sub feed as well as just individual videos.

L. Spiro
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In the past I was uploading them all privately and then public’ing them all at once at the end.
Recently I have been uploading them in smaller sets. Are the smaller sets still problematic? My YouTube account subscribes to that channel and I don’t get spammed with notifications.
You don’t have to keep the alert icon ticked, as generally you can assume there will be new videos daily, with only rare exceptions such as those of the last few days simply because I have over-exerted myself and severely need a break, but now that we are on holidays and I can sleep longer I plan to get back to my normal daily schedule.

I have considered keeping the videos private and only populating the playlists and similar variants, but I’ve decided against that for a few reasons, one of which is related to my workflow and how I keep track of what videos are ready, another is related to the absolute huge pain-in-the-ass it is to go back over 200 videos (a full Banjo-Kazooie set for example) and make them all public, given that YouTube’s new Studio Beta allows you to select and modify many videos at a time but virtually never actually succeeds in modifying any of them. It works in only specific cases and is very finicky, so basically it can be ignored and assumed that if you have 200 private/unlisted videos, you will have to one-by-one make 200 videos public.

I’m already about to increase my workload substantially with the explosion of tracks I will have to handle mentioned above, so I am not willing to also deal with this type of YouTube bug.
If YouTube fixes it I would then be willing.

L. Spiro

PS: The equipment I need to make the Perfect Dark videos arrived today and is actually working this time. I am all set.
Now just have to finish with Banjo-Kazooie and redo GoldenEye 007.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

These are amazing. If you don't work in the music or computer music industry, then you should. Thanks for uploading them for us, I'm really looking forward to the Perfect Dark tunes, as I love that game's soundtrack.

The N64 was knocked by some people as having low quality music, but I've never thought that at all. I think part of the reason for this criticism is that the N64 was well known to be lacking a sound chip, and so people who had not heard much of the N64's musical output just assumed that it would be bad.

But those of us who are genuine N64 players/fans know how good the N64 can sound, and the work you're doing raises the quality of those tunes so much further, it really is very impressive.

Please make the Perfect Dark and other finished products available for download so we can play them on our PCs and portable MP3 players. It would be great if you have a website that listed the downloads, and linked to a youtube video of every download too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: