ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Vault - Passing the Torch...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag, I'm sorry to hear this, but it's your choice of course (and given how monumentally much you've done for the GE and PD community, you really can claim to need a very long rest... especially on a lovely hot beach somewhere Wink ). Thanks so much for all that you've done, and I hope we'll still see you around from time to time.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I Want to say a big thank you to Subdrag for making such an amazing editor wich has brought us Goldfinger64, GoldenEye X, Perfect Dark Plus and a ton of custom Missions and MultiPlayer maps with hopefully a ton more to come. I Wish you all the best with whatever you decide to do next and i hope you have a fun and well deserved break, see you in the furums.
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Uufje
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Aw. This is basically the end of an era. Thank you for all the work you've put in, it's a massive amount and you can be proud of it.

I would be sad to see the GoldenEye Vault completely disappear, though. It would be nice to still have a central place with all the GE/PD resources. Perhaps someone can take over the site? I'm sure there is someone here who would be willing.

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Some people are working on a replacement

Entropy Soldier
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm still not sure why Subby Wubby can't just give the domain and relevant web resources to Wreck or whoever he deems capable of maintaining them.

Sure the website needs an update but might as well keep everything in the same place it's always been.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I also feel the Vault should live on in some form. It has been established as the place for all things GoldenEye modding related, and is linked to (or discussed) in tons of play through videos online. Having to create a brand new site with a new name will take some time to catch on, even if chatted about in Discord and linked to in future videos. But that is ultimately up to SubDrag. Allow someone else to proceed with the Vault, or let it slowly fade away while something else takes its place.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Español:
muchisimas gracias SubDrag por haber creado el GE Vault y el GE Editor, de no haberlos creado, no se a donde habria varado mi creatividad, muchisimas gracias, desde el 2013 fue donde descubri esta pagina, en el 2015 trabaje en mi mod de KvsV, pero luego deje de trabajar en eso, pero para 3/4 partes del 2016 volvi a hacer lo de mi mod viejo, en 2017 lo publique, luego publique mas mods (tambien model templates) y ahora aun sigo trabajando en un nuevo mod de las cuales muy pocos saben cual es y de que trata, aunuque la pagina este cerrada, mi creatividad nunca estara cerrada, muchisimas gracias SubDrag

Atentamente

Johnny Thunder

Posdata

NO MAS NINTENDO

English:

Many thanks SubDrag for creating the GE Vault and the GE Editor, if had not created them, I do not know where my creativity would have been, thank you very much, since 2013 I discovered this page, in 2015 I worked on my KvsV mod, but then I stopped working on that, but for 3/4 of 2016 I went back to doing my old mod, in 2017 I published it, then I published more mods (also model templates) and now I'm still working on a new mod of the which very few know what it is and what it is about, even though the page is closed, my creativity will never be closed, many thanks SubDrag

Sincerely

Johnny Thunder

Postscript

NO MORE NINTENDO

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I feel funny reading this. I knew it would come someday, because I knew you always answer very fast when I encountered issues. It's very tiring to work that much and be as responsive as you were all these years.

I'm really glad you went so far with Perfect Dark, I know you didn't want to work on it but you did anyway, which made me very happy.

Now what will happen with the vault ? I'm sad I never sent anything on it even if I have things that could.
With Carnivorous, we made 2 updated weapons and I would have love to share them there.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll be sad to see it go. I'm honored to have had my Library Mission creation be the very first file on the vault. I remember in the early days of the editor you always helped me with the many questions I had about using the editor.

Having been mostly retired from goldeneye hacking for a number of years myself, I fully understand your decision. I lost the passion for doing it and it never really came back. I do still enjoy poking around in here from time to time.

Good luck with your next venture.

On a side note - wreck - your new forum pic totally creeped me out.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmw wrote:

Hehe. Believe it or not, this is very similar to a long time avatar I used many, many years ago, back on GSCentral.com's message boards (where GE hacking all began). I started using it on Discord, and since my avatar on here went bad, thought I'd make the switch. Kind of a trip down memory lane for me. Oh, and redrum, and all that.

Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Subdrag for your dedication to this game. I have been around communities for a lot of games and this one is truely special. There are a lot of very productive community members on this site. A lot of other games the community has chimera projects that never get done. This site is relatively pretty active for a 20 year old game. Thanks Subdrag and everyone else for basically making the old classic twice as good as a game with your modifications. I wish I could have been here earlier and helped out more. Good luck in real life as well. Well deserved to have a long and happy life.

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

(Reposting my own coming-out-of-retirement-for-a-final-adieu in the most appropriate spot)

Quote:
I'm another familiar face popping in for this occasion. Hopefully some of you still remember me!

Nowadays, I'm so caught up in life matters that I rarely check the vault or this forum, maybe about once every few months out of sheer curiosity. When I read the 'final post' at the Goldeyevault page, I immediately went over to the forum to check if anything had been said about it. And lo and behold, here I am.

I can imagine this must be quite the emotional event for most long-standing members. The vault had always been such an iconic part of this community's structure to me as well, because it symbolized Subdrag's incredible dedication and support.

And yeah, the memories are golden. I still remember seeing my level pack being included in the 'featured levels' section and being ecstatic about it, but seeing others achieve much more advanced things in such a short time made me even more proud to have been a part of this community. The zelda and mario levels, Goldeneye X, Goldfinger, etc. (Although to be fair, it made me realize I had been falling behind rapidly as well!)

I am amazed that a lot of familiar faces are still here, to express their thanks and talk about their own memories - and even more importantly, about their future plans and the future of this community.

Even now, with the vault having shut down and me (as well as many other old members) no longer being actively around, it still is inspiring to see part of history is kept alive through sheer love of this one very special game.

Best of luck to everyone with all their future projects, and thanks for being there on this journey!
Peace out ~

Trevor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
bmw wrote:

Hehe. Believe it or not, this is very similar to a long time avatar I used many, many years ago, back on GSCentral.com's message boards (where GE hacking all began). I started using it on Discord, and since my avatar on here went bad, thought I'd make the switch. Kind of a trip down memory lane for me. Oh, and redrum, and all that.

I always preferred Agent Wreck - the black and white of you and an n64 controller.

Trev

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: