ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Vault is now closed.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hello I want to thank SubDrag for the great work in all the community, all the jobs, the GE/PD editor (especially when I extend the editor to be able to modify more games like DKR,JFG,MSU,Pokemon,SMASH), and all kinds of jobs in general for N64. my question is if the editor will continue to be updated. i hope it will continue to be updated, as it never seemed to be completed and there were always new things to add for GE/PD. if it's not SubDrag then someone will take over from the editor?

Regarding GE-X it seems that everything that has happened slowed down a bit the pace of work on the mod. I agree with Thundera8589 that I hope that a next update will not take more than 1 or 2 years, and of course I think I also agree in most of their views of the last thing I wrote.

I think one of the reasons that SubDrag said in some thread, was that there was something overwhelming work. The truth is that I find it a bit difficult to understand, since I think that the overwhelming part must come from the work of GE/PD people, I mean that people have more knowledge and create more things for GE/PD than the rest of the games supported by the editor, so when you enter goldeneyevault you find things only about GE/PD (I don't know if you can send jobs or files yet), while the other games that had newly released sections have disappeared and it's something that has lasted so little that it's been done less.I don't know if you're going on vacation temporarily or permanently, or if you've chosen a kind of retirement. In any case whatever enjoyment you've earned it for us and you deserve a good rest. We'll have a good memory of you that can hardly be matched. Thank you.

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm another familiar face popping in for this occasion. Hopefully some of you still remember me!

Nowadays, I'm so caught up in life matters that I rarely check the vault or this forum, maybe about once every few months out of sheer curiosity. When I read the 'final post' at the Goldeyevault page, I immediately went over to the forum to check if anything had been said about it. And lo and behold, here I am.

I can imagine this must be quite the emotional event for most long-standing members. The vault had always been such an iconic part of this community's structure to me as well, because it symbolized Subdrag's incredible dedication and support.

And yeah, the memories are golden. I still remember seeing my level pack being included in the 'featured levels' section and being ecstatic about it, but seeing others achieve much more advanced things in such a short time made me even more proud to have been a part of this community. The zelda and mario levels, Goldeneye X, Goldfinger, etc. (Although to be fair, it made me realize I had been falling behind rapidly as well!)

I am amazed that a lot of familiar faces are still here, to express their thanks and talk about their own memories - and even more importantly, about their future plans and the future of this community.

Even now, with the vault having shut down and me (as well as many other old members) no longer being actively around, it still is inspiring to see part of history is kept alive through sheer love of this one very special game.

Best of luck to everyone with all their future projects, and thanks for being there on this journey!
Peace out ~

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: