ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye: Tower
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MRKane

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've had a lot of success with binary FBX files, but Blender cannot handle vertex alphas. I'll have to see about getting that geobj addon working as it was acting up for me despite using Blender 2.79b.

Alternatively: Does anyone have a copy of the necessary area as a Blender file? Typically I don't have access to 3Ds or Maya Sad

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is a binary FBX from XSI, I hope it works https://files.catbox.moe/9rf9dt.7z

Trickle
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm busy with school and other projects. But I REALLY dig this idea Smile

I'd be more than happy to compose an original song for it or you can use my track "Sanctum." But I think such a project would be better suited with a longer song (perhaps multiple).

https://youtu.be/JB0QNJcAHbc

MRKane

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok - quick shout out to everyone that helped me with those FBX files! So after heaps of mucking around, and doing the same thing over and over again with the GEOBJ plugin I finally got it to work (See Einstien - it's not madness! It's computers!) and have been able to plug the hallway into the level I've cobbled together.

Sadly I don't have any good video capture software so cannot show any work off - are we going to do a round of beta-testing and peer review at all? Wink

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's fine to share a preview of your own level or post build logs in the thread, but the combined ROM itself will not be published until all levels have been completed. I still have yet to start work on the lobby/rooftop levels

Trickle - I'm sure others here would like to use one of your custom tracks for their map, thanks for the offer

MRKane

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Now that I'm thinking of it I should ask:
Will you have any issue integrating custom mission objectives (for the different difficulties) and custom text? I'm creating a "forces have set off explosives in the maintenance floor" scenario, which would require the player to confront the big baddie at the end of the level for the key, as well as things like "prevent enemy forces from triggering alarms" or "disable any other explosives" etc.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No and no. Text slots will be offset to the map's new level ID. Everybody should target bunker as it will make my job a lot easier when porting to the master ROM. The number of objectives is fine as long as it isn't over 6

MRKane

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fantastic! I don't know if anyone wants a theme, but I might go with Russian terrorists lead by some super-bad Russian dude - trying to pickup cliche points.

Garabuyo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: GoldenEye: Tower Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
A collaborative singleplayer mod for GoldenEye 007

About
After playing mods Duke Hard and TWHL Tower I thought about doing the same thing for GoldenEye. I made a template map with a playable space area 2500 x 2500 x 400 units (25m x 25m x 4m). Every floor will be a separate mission created by a different participant. The floors would be separated by a stairwell, the door accessing the next floor will be locked and the key is somewhere on that floor. As the base map has the same stairwell, it will be like if the player is climbing the building for every mission. Upon project completion, all levels will be combined into a ROM with a lobby and rooftop missions.

Template Download
https://files.catbox.moe/1dge9h.7z
Patch 'GoldenEye Tower.xdelta' with a unflipped GoldenEye ROM. Bunker I contains the template level to start using. Use Bunker I as your base level to avoid complications when submitting your level

Participants
Coockie1173
Sogun
sixty four
Uufje
Trevor
MRKane
Garabuyo
Pheonarx

Rules (shamelessly stolen from TWHL)
1. Every member must work from the base background template
2. The stairwell can be modified, but only adjusting the doorway or adding decals
3. Aside from the stairwell, the player should only be able to move within the 2500 x 2500 x 400 unit space provided. The challenge is to use the limited space to make something interesting / enjoyable
4. Level scale value must be always set to 1.0
5. You can add windows on the external wall, however this area should not be accessible by the player. It must also fit the tower theme
6. You can cut into the floor and ceiling for detailing purposes but within reason. Bottomless pits wouldn't really work
7. The goal of each floor is to open up the access door to the next floor. This can be a simple button, a key puzzle, or something more elaborate
8. As this mod is based on the footsteps patch, any use of sub-action 2B that affects gameplay for other missions are not allowed
9. Your level setup must use the footsteps action block. It has been included with the setup for Bunker I with block ID 10FF
10. You can only submit one level
11. Deadline for submissions is 30th of June, 2019

Asset Rules
1. If you use third party content, you MUST include the credits to the author in your submission. Any textures / model / sound credits not accounted for WILL be removed or replaced
2. The maximum amount of custom assets per submission are:
- 5 sound effects
- 20 textures
- 2 custom models
- 1 custom song
3. The assets must be hardware compatible to be accepted
4. The asset content cannot be offensive / explicit (18+)

FAQ
* Is there a theme to the overall mod?
It can be any theme, so long as it fits with the tower setting. The playable character will still be Bond.

* Are we going to do a round of beta-testing and peer review?
It's fine to share a preview of your own level or post build logs in the thread, but the combined ROM itself will not be published until all levels have been completed.

* Will there be issue for integrating custom mission objectives (for the different difficulties) and custom text?
No and no. Text slots will be offset to the map's new level ID. Everybody should target bunker as it will make my job a lot easier when porting to the master ROM. The number of objectives is fine as long as it isn't over 6

I am so good in modeling 3d and texturing but I am soo bad at programing Sad.

http://bf4stats.com:8601/ps4/Garabuyo

MRKane

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Another question Smile

Pertaining to mission description text, and in-mission text items such as speech, or game messages, what would be the easiest way to package those in order to facilitate your task of assembling the levels into one final collection? I'm not super up to speed with how text works in the game, but in the Action Blocks it doesn't appear to be isolated to one level or package-able "group".

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can export the stage text via Game Config dialog. Follow this guide to export the language file for the stage. The same small buttons beside the setup and background function the same way. The Submission Template Example folder is the correct way to submit your level. However if you do not know how to export some elements of your level, then a xdelta with the submission form filled out is fine too.

On the topic of text, I am deciding if the briefing pages M/Q/Moneypenny should be kept, leaving only objectives/background available to use. I'd like to know what everybody else thinks about this. Thank you.

MRKane

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I imagine it as Bond making contact with HQ while he's running up the stairs to the next level Smile I think it still fits really well actually.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry guys, I won't be able to finish my part.

Since I didn't know anything about actions blocks my plan was to create something visually stunning and add some well placed guards (like Aztec first section).
I was only able to work on it during weekends and it started very well, but the last couple of weeks I got stuck trying to make some cool texture effects and run out of time. I haven't even finished modeling the full thing.

Coockie1173
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: GoldenEye: Tower Reply with quote Back to top

Garabuyo wrote:
Carnivorous wrote:
A collaborative singleplayer mod for GoldenEye 007

About
After playing mods Duke Hard and TWHL Tower I thought about doing the same thing for GoldenEye. I made a template map with a playable space area 2500 x 2500 x 400 units (25m x 25m x 4m). Every floor will be a separate mission created by a different participant. The floors would be separated by a stairwell, the door accessing the next floor will be locked and the key is somewhere on that floor. As the base map has the same stairwell, it will be like if the player is climbing the building for every mission. Upon project completion, all levels will be combined into a ROM with a lobby and rooftop missions.

Template Download
https://files.catbox.moe/1dge9h.7z
Patch 'GoldenEye Tower.xdelta' with a unflipped GoldenEye ROM. Bunker I contains the template level to start using. Use Bunker I as your base level to avoid complications when submitting your level

Participants
Coockie1173
Sogun
sixty four
Uufje
Trevor
MRKane
Garabuyo
Pheonarx

Rules (shamelessly stolen from TWHL)
1. Every member must work from the base background template
2. The stairwell can be modified, but only adjusting the doorway or adding decals
3. Aside from the stairwell, the player should only be able to move within the 2500 x 2500 x 400 unit space provided. The challenge is to use the limited space to make something interesting / enjoyable
4. Level scale value must be always set to 1.0
5. You can add windows on the external wall, however this area should not be accessible by the player. It must also fit the tower theme
6. You can cut into the floor and ceiling for detailing purposes but within reason. Bottomless pits wouldn't really work
7. The goal of each floor is to open up the access door to the next floor. This can be a simple button, a key puzzle, or something more elaborate
8. As this mod is based on the footsteps patch, any use of sub-action 2B that affects gameplay for other missions are not allowed
9. Your level setup must use the footsteps action block. It has been included with the setup for Bunker I with block ID 10FF
10. You can only submit one level
11. Deadline for submissions is 30th of June, 2019

Asset Rules
1. If you use third party content, you MUST include the credits to the author in your submission. Any textures / model / sound credits not accounted for WILL be removed or replaced
2. The maximum amount of custom assets per submission are:
- 5 sound effects
- 20 textures
- 2 custom models
- 1 custom song
3. The assets must be hardware compatible to be accepted
4. The asset content cannot be offensive / explicit (18+)

FAQ
* Is there a theme to the overall mod?
It can be any theme, so long as it fits with the tower setting. The playable character will still be Bond.

* Are we going to do a round of beta-testing and peer review?
It's fine to share a preview of your own level or post build logs in the thread, but the combined ROM itself will not be published until all levels have been completed.

* Will there be issue for integrating custom mission objectives (for the different difficulties) and custom text?

I am so good in modeling 3d and texturing but I am soo bad at programing Sad.

there's always people whom can help you about with action blocks!

------------------------------
Contact me:
discord: Coockie1173#8187

MRKane

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun wrote:
Sorry guys, I won't be able to finish my part.

Since I didn't know anything about actions blocks my plan was to create something visually stunning and add some well placed guards (like Aztec first section).
I was only able to work on it during weekends and it started very well, but the last couple of weeks I got stuck trying to make some cool texture effects and run out of time. I haven't even finished modeling the full thing.

As Blue Stahli said, it's not over till we say so - the 30th of June is still a while away, and I'm sure there's plenty of help around here should you need it. Are you on Discord? I've found the guys there to be fantastic!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: