ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

3D-Printed GoldenEye 007/Perfect Dark Model Kits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
L. Spiro
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject: 3D-Printed GoldenEye 007/Perfect Dark Model Kits Reply with quote Back to top

I mentioned in another topic I would have an announcement to make soon.
Make sure you were already sitting before you read the topic.

This is a 100% perfectly scaled Temple from GoldenEye 007.

This is just a prototype. I could not clear out all of the scaffolding, and it is just intended to prove my process, my technologies, my concept, and the overall feasibility of it all, so ignore the mess. The products I sell will have soluble scaffolding and this will not be an issue, plus I think this particular model does not need scaffolding at all and I am reprinting it.
But it stands as a proof-of-concept and introduction.

I was inspired by this:

Imagine getting a model kit that you can assemble with your kid(s) or alone, and the end result is:

1. A level from GoldenEye 007/Perfect Dark large enough for you to play with figurines inside (your kids’ figures should fit nicely).
  2. An actual track from Super Mario Kart or Mario Kart 64 with magnets and circuitry underneath to control getting items, shooting them etc., as you really race small remote-control cars around the track.
  3. A playable physical 3D dungeon from The Legend of Zelda or The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (or etc.) with levers underneath, real keys inside treasure chests that unlock doors, etc.
  4. Dioramas of stages from any 2D game.
  5. Trinkets and collector’s items/simple things.
  6. Terrariums in the shapes of your favorite stages. Have your pet turtle/snake/frog/bird live inside a GoldenEye 007 level!
  7. More!

Because these will be assembled, the scale can be of any size (I plan for single rooms to be as large as this whole prototype (cats shown for scale)).
But simple desktop items such as this will be available as well.

Once again, these will all be scaled perfectly; I do not eyeball measurements.
They will be multi-colored (my 5-color upgrade comes in February) using a combination of multi-colored plastic and paint. Accurate stencils and stamps will be created to ensure that all paint jobs are also 100% accurate.
Model kits are planned to come with decals that you would apply to each wall as you construct the level.
Your end result (the important part) will be a stage from GoldenEye 007 (or whatever game), maybe 3 or 4 feet across, fully to scale, fully “textured” with decals, and with each area accessible (whether via an open top as I have done in parts of this prototype or via hinges that allow the whole model to close and open).

Have you ever wanted a life-sized low-poly Klobb that you can actually hold in your hand and is textured and as low-detailed as in the real game?

Also, these will not be only related to GoldenEye 007 and Perfect Dark. You can get levels from Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, maybe a 3D Zelda level—I am basically always thinking about what would be cool/fun to have as a 3D print, so you can be sure my library will be expanding with even more cool ideas over time.

What does everyone think?
L. Spiro

L. Spiro
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The 2nd Temple print, without scaffolding, and more open spaces to see and play inside. Perfect home for a garter snake!

I am expecting to let this go for around ~$75?
Any requests? Any interest?

L. Spiro

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice! Excited to see how these turn out.

L. Spiro
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bunker!!

L. Spiro

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do you plan on sharing these in the future so we can print them out as well?

L. Spiro
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I expect there to be many versions of each model (some with translucent tops, some with open tops, some with clear walls, some with custom changes that people want, etc.), and eventually they will be so specialized that you would need a 5-color printer to use them, so I hadn’t considered sending out the models themselves too much.

But I could at some point in the future if there is a specific version someone wanted.

L. Spiro

L. Spiro
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Marble Basement!

L. Spiro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: