ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

What we like to see in every game. Possible ideal concepts.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maxout

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:48 pm    Post subject: What we like to see in every game. Possible ideal concepts. Reply with quote Back to top

We talk a great deal about specific games we enjoy but what about the elements they have in common that make them great. That's according to personal opinion that any number of people can agree.

If they disagree with it they can play something else and/or find a way to improve or change it. This topic is about commons things to agree on.

1. Atmosphere and playability.

Human beings can not see in pitch black or crazy images too well. The devices also must work. I'm sure this is obvious a reason why we play. I won't go into detail here.

2. Judgment and consistency in the game.

The controls and the gameplay flow smoothly enough to get from one thing to the next. It isn't too obscure to figure out in most cases.

3. Difficulty and replay value.

You can fit many things here like the theme, plot, characters, and all the items they might use. Many games like Final Fantasy Tactics lack a difficulty setting that has to be modified or made harder to play by the player. I think the programmers should do this for all games is to give a difficulty level.

4. Accountability and plausibility.

"The truth is stranger than fiction because fiction has to be believable." I'm sure most adults know it's only a game. Younger people and gullible people might believe the content is real that's why we have ratings and cautions for it. When I was younger I was taken in by the possibility.

5. You enjoy the game despite outcome and/or repetitiveness.

True of almost every game. Once you master something it might become routine. You still practice it despite understanding its limitations.

6. Everything else.

I don't want to be the only person to discuss this. I'm sure other websites and places have a topic like this. I'm simply trying to recap with the possibility of adding something new.

After all Goldeneye is the only game I've set two World Records on. It's had a lasting effect on me. Very Happy

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

oldyz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well , what i would like to see in every game is customizable control options for people to play it differently for the next go round...

let me explain, back in the N64 days, there was this game called shadows of the empire. its controls where a bit clunky, but....

you could play it in so many different ways.

3rd person, first person, cinema mode (in which you control your character the same way, but the cameras are static like in resident evil), platform levels, vehicles...

if i where to update it, i would fix the first person controls (when on foot) to be more like perfect Dark's controls & gameplay -at minimum- for controller users.
Vr support with light-gun aiming, head tilting, jump detection for more advanced users.
Dash Rendar, would swim like Turok when underwater

when using vehicles, they would be controlled like rogue squadron, and if you use VR you can look around the cockpit...

next , i would give the enemies Perfect dark AI at minimum, of course a graphical face lift for the game, and the option to remove all HUDs, aim assists, radars.....

local & online multiplayer, with create a character options, and user created content.

And a super random combat mode, random levels from all existing levels (multi & single player) where there is no auto aim, no radars , no huds, all possible weapons can appear (they drop from the sky) and there is no set ree-spawn points, doors that you can open, or destroy, destructible furniture, vehicles, water, lava , toxic sludge, jetpacks, dark bunkers where yu can destroy the lights, or switch them off, blow off some limbs from time to time (the finisher shot i suuppose), cerebral bore-like weapons, destructible buildings, wher you can blow up a weight supporting column and it all goes down ...

Maxout

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Then we're looking for things that prevent repetitiveness.

Randomness as much as possible in the game.

Customization as much as possible.

This is already now within our grasp. I feel I might be too late to make anything.

Edit-unsure if this bumps the thread. Also, the primary element is the player. It depends on the adaptability of the player to the game. They want to add new characters to the new smash brothers. That will not mean everyone will win most of the time with them. Someone more adaptable and experienced should always win more often. The game is totally dumbed down and/or non-competitive when that happens.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: