ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Why hasn't anyone done this yet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trickle
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:29 am    Post subject: Why hasn't anyone done this yet? Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, this idea sounds crazy. But wouldn't it be sick if some theme park resort had real life scaled buildings containing memorable gaming levels? Like, imagine walking into the multiplayer version of Facility (or Felicity in PD), that would blow my f**king mind and it would be trippy in a good way. I had this fantasy since I was a kid. You can have a laser tag match or something. Or how about at least the first hub world of Super Mario 64? I get this would be expensive, but I think a lot of gamers would appreciate it, plus it would still serve another purpose in laser tag, or even better..paintball Laughing

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I did hear of a Metal Gear Solid escape room of sorts in Japan. It didn't quite recreate an area of the game, but it did recreate the experience of hiding in lockers and boxes while watching out for a guard who walks the same pattern. Not quite the same thing, but a really cool tribute nonetheless.

I refound the link if you wanna know more: https://www.polygon.com/2018/10/2/17927844/metal-gear-solid-real-life-experience-tokyo-mystery-circus-mgs

Trevor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If I had my own piece of ground this was exactly what I wanted to do for airsoft.

I would make them modular so they could represent more than 1 BG

Trev

Maxout

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:50 pm    Post subject: You might need to generalize it. Reply with quote Back to top

Besides legal issues it might not attract as many people like Disney Land and other places. It could work as a restaurant imo or be called Place 90's with a Goldeneye Theme. Though if you use Goldeneye specifically you might need permission from the owner to use the name. Even if you do you would need to pay royalties to them if they demand due to copyright and such.

I'm unsure of the specifics though if there's a way in the law around that I haven't checked. I'd also consider opening up my own place first. Though you're more dedicated here.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Trickle
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I think Rare would be more likely to say yes than Nintendo. So, it'll just be Felicity then Wink

But yeah, that would be dope. It would probably take a retro gaming enthusiast billionaire to make it all happen though. Unless it's a scaled down version.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As others have said, it's mostly down to copyright. And it's very unlikely that any well known company would give permission for their virtual (as in, only in a video game) death-match maps to be turned into real, physical maps, as then that company could be accused of inciting real gun-related crime, since you need a gun (even if it just fires a laser pointer) to take part in real-life simulated-shooting games.

When you look at how in the USA, yet again, the ultra rich arms manufacturers, the NRA, and their paid politicians are trying to make out that games cause gun crime, instead of facing the real problem, which is that the USA lets idiots, criminals, and just plain evil people get their hands on guns, then you can see how if Rare, for example, made a deal to allow their Perfect Dark maps to be built in a pellet-gun or light-gun leisure centre, then the NRA would claim that Rare were helping to teach vulnerable kids* to use weapons to kill people. Funny how kids are 'vulnerable' when the issue is computer games, but when the subject is guns then the kids are OK to live in a house that contains firearms.

But yes, in an ideal world, paintball/laser-gun/etc places would have maps based on some of the best deathmatch levels from the most populat video games. But you wouldn't play in them for long, as running in real life is about 1,000,000,000,000,000 times more exhausting than running in a video game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: