ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

The next 007 is to be a black woman.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject: The next 007 is to be a black woman. Reply with quote Back to top

And yes, those of us who criticise this change will be called racist and sexist, because if you speak out against political correctness nowadays then you're automatically branded a neandethal who hates everyone who isn't a straight white male, but anyway:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7244671/Thought-007-never-woman-black-shes-James-Bond-hand-number-over.html

Doctor Who has already been ruined by the change of the Doctor's gender, and now the Bond films are presumably going to fail too, given that the new writer is openly 'feminist' and in favour of change, which sounds like a strategic way of very much understating the changes we'll eventually see when the film comes out.

Bond is Bond because of who he is. Most men want to be him, and most women want to be with him. Most women don't have fantasies about saving the world, driving fast cars better than anyone else, having a license to kill, getting into fights and killing the enemy, etc. And most blokes don't fancy a women who's tougher than they are, who actually goes around killing people, who almost never projects empathy or other 'feminine' virtues, etc.

If the woman '007' has Bond's attributes then she'll be a turn off for both male and female viewers. If she is much more female in her attitude and actions then she won't be 007 at all. Either way it's going to utterly fail. Though the professional reviewers will praise it to the skies, as they have with Doctor Who (even though DW haemorrhaged viewers after the change, and has terrible fan-reviews) because otherwise the reviewers will be called anti-feminist, women-hating neanderthals (even the women reviewers).

Why can't they just leave things as they are with existing I.P.s, and instead invent new I.P.s for new ideas?

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ghostbusters 2016 all over again. Rolling Eyes

I'll Pass!

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wait... I'm confused... Why are they acting like James Bond himself isn't in the film? The article did clearly state Daniel Craig is playing Bond in the new film—it's just that the agent designated as 007 is now the Bond girl/woman. It sounds like Bond's still around, he's just not the full center of attention anymore. I think the film can be decent if given the chance, it doesn't sound terrible.

But I admit, with the political correctness sprinkled about the article, I do get the feeling it'll manage some eyerolling moments. They probably shouldn't go full on with the agenda-sounding stuff for the first movie in this run. It's likely why the commenters are going off like they are.

Of course, nothing means anything until the movie actually releases. But, I'll be cautiously optimistic this time around.

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't trust the sun,daily mail, both gossip tripe. I'll wait for the brocollis to confirm.

Trickle
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It might be a good time to make a 007 Woke Hack. Just swap Mayday with Bond and have LGBTQ rainbows all over the place.

MRKane

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I reckon she's going to be awesome - finally there's a Bond that the men want to sleep with!

Seriously though, Bond as it stands is too played out, and the series needs a radical change to keep things fresh and allow writers to create less-stale content. I'd have picked a return to the 50s and a "real spy espionage" Bond but casting a woman is the next best thing. Remember Johanna Dark people Wink

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MRKane wrote:
I reckon she's going to be awesome - finally there's a Bond that the men want to sleep with!

Seriously though, Bond as it stands is too played out, and the series needs a radical change to keep things fresh and allow writers to create less-stale content. I'd have picked a return to the 50s and a "real spy espionage" Bond but casting a woman is the next best thing. Remember Johanna Dark people Wink

The thing about Perfect Dark (64) was that it wasn't entirely Bond-esque. It starred a spy who saved the world and made one-liners. It didn't have any of the "love" aspects of Bond films and the things that come with that. I am correct in this, yes?

Hm... The only thing I recall some people not liking about PD was the alien conspiracy stuff. But, Rare didn't hype the game up as the next big "Bond" game, did they? Even a news station has said that "Bond is now a black woman?!" I think the movie's getting a lot of undue attention from this misinformative label.

oldyz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This concept might work, but i doubt it, it has to be very VERY VERY well done, but true Bond fans are not the target for this movie.

they will use trendy "wokeness" as a selling point & it might work for 2 or 3 movies with the right marketing, and move on with the next "Bond" agent.

Whatever it will be.

its like Bond is Godzilla & now will we have its "zilla" versions coming up

As for the OG Bond formula being stale - i think its far from it -

the only reason we don't have cooler stories with MR Bond is that we don't want to offend people.

Lets get real here - Modern Bond films would tackle a big Chinese bad - Or a very kim jong un -like character - hell, even a US president villian is not so far fetched now.
We have so many dictators now-days that you can take any of them as the mould for your baddie

but the owners of the IP know this is theoretical financial suicide, even if such a script is well done -

(remember sony picture's the interview?)

if anything the world is even campier & more ridiculous in so many ways now than back then.

I hate this weird timeline , where porky pig is seen as "problematic" & warner classic type cartoons can no longer be made....
and yet true evil is getting away unscathed

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oldyz wrote:
its like Bond is Godzilla & now will we have its "zilla" versions coming up

Well, if it's gonna be like that, then we'll have a bad movie and a good cartoon! But seriously, you're making good points, oldyz.

I wasn't following the progress, when was this film coming out? I haven't heard any talk of it since this thread.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The trailer seemed fine. So long as this 007 replacement isn't a permanent one. It makes sense if Bond was out of MI6 for an extended period that they would fill his position with someone else. Whoever they chose does not become the "new Bond", but special agent 007. The question is, does the franchise rely more on Bond or on 007? One thing is for certain, people will be very interested to see where it goes. I don't want it to be a train wreck that flops at the box office, due to fan outrage, and that the studio listens to the audience going forward. Eventually movie makers will have to learn the lesson that changing proven formulas for the sake of any kind of equality usually hurts their pocket book more than inflates their sense of progression.

Maxout

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I do have a topic about open sourcing everything. Though I don't think race should be the deciding factor. The author's creativity and the actors ability to deliver are key.

Look at Mayday, there's really nothing wrong with her imo. Though I don't want to influence other writer's too much, since it's up to them to come up with great things on their own too.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I love me some May Day, but my opinion might be different if she replaced Bond as the star of the next 007 film. Still, this is all purely guesswork. We won't know until something is made official.

Maxout

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Unsure how to answer that. I know my personality is much to be desired at times but having anyone be the main character can work. It is a matter of having faith in the person and to keep an open mind.

Yes, I don't have time to write a long, complex argument, though human revolution, evolution took time to realize one's potential imo.

In some cases it could have always worked imo.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maxout wrote:
Unsure how to answer that. I know my personality is much to be desired at times but having anyone be the main character can work. It is a matter of having faith in the person and to keep an open mind.

Yes, I don't have time to write a long, complex argument, though human revolution, evolution took time to realize one's potential imo.

In some cases it could have always worked imo.

I don't agree. Saying "Having anyone be the main character can work" is just plain wrong. You couldn't have a female James Bond, just like Johnny Vegas (hugely fat and scruffy) couldn't play James Bond. A James Bond film is about James Bond, and we know Bond's physical attributes, including him being male, healthy and fit, looking and feeling self assured, etc.

You can certainly get a fit and healthy woman to play a James Bond style character in a film, but she wouldn't be James Bond. She might have his attitude, his attributes, even do the things Bond does in his films (such as save the world, drink a lot without getting drunk, get to fly/drive all sorts of brilliant vehicles/crafts, be an expert on all sorts of subjects even though he never seems to open a book, etc) and maybe make a great film out of it. But however similar or different to Bond she might be, she's not him, so it wouldn't be a Bond film.

Faith and a so called 'open mind' don't alter facts. And evolution and so called 'human revolution' have no bearing on the matter at all.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:37 am    Post subject: Barbara Broccoli Reply with quote Back to top

Barbara Broccoli verified 007 JAMES BOND will **NEVER** be played by a woman. She isn't playing gender politics and said there will be a female AGENT but she will not be BOND. Wink Thank GOD

My thoughts: I don't want Jason Momoa recast as a male LARA CROFT, Black Panther recast with Billy Bob Thornton, etc....you get my point lol ;D

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: