ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Need help renaming guns

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pale Horse
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:22 pm    Post subject: Need help renaming guns Reply with quote Back to top

I'm trying to rename a certain firearm in GoldenEye/Goldfinger 64 but it's not working. I'm using GoldenEditor 4.1. I want to change the name of the gun with the "Picked up a [Gun Name Here]" text and the Gun text in the watch and Solo Weapon of Choice/Multiplayer most used weapon text. Please help. Video tutorials would be best, I am visual learner, and big thanks to Graslu00 and his great videos for inspiring me.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, to edit weapon names edit the text file LGunE and inject into ROM. Here is a text file tutorial http://n64vault.com/ge-guides:text-files-guide

Pale Horse
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
Hi, to edit weapon names edit the text file LGunE and inject into ROM. Here is a text file tutorial http://n64vault.com/ge-guides:text-files-guide

Hello sir! Thanks for your great work on this Editor. So that .pdf is actually for the older version of GES 2.0. I have both 3.0 and 4.1. In 4.1 there's no "Convert ROM" option in tools.

It has the options "Trim/Flip ROM Tools", "Quick Convert to ROM (F5)" which is grayed out, and "Quick Inject to ROM (F7)", which is also grayed out. I do not know how to do this in 4.1, which has been the smoothest working GES version for me.

Now in 3.0 it does have the "Convert ROM" option, but when I try to follow the instructions in the .pdf, I get this error that says:

"Warning, Output will not work

Warning: This ROM/file table was likely edited via 21990/39850, and files could not be injected due to not previously compressed at location. Use 21990/39850 instead to inject files.
Warning: LpropobjE.bin is 0x2A8 bytes, and must be less than 0x2A0 bytes (skipped)
Warning: This ROM/file table was likely edited via 21990/39850, and files could not be injected due to not previously compressed at location. Use 21990/39850 instead to inject files.
Warning: LgunE.bin is 0x7E8 bytes, and must be less than 0x720 bytes (skipped)"

And when I try to inject, nothing happens. Editing txt in the game has been one of the most difficult things for me to do for some reason. What I wanna do is make a shorter AR33 for GoldenEye, in an M4A1 style instead of the M16A2, and I also want to make an M16A4. I also want to add the M16/XM16E1(Metal Gear Solid 3:Snake Eater style) to replace the M14 in Goldfinger. I really wanna start making good mods like Johnny Thunder did with GE.

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you have discord you could try joining n64vault, I find it very hard to reliably provide help on forums.
That text tutorial is outdated and will be removed shortly, open game configuration and inject the text there

Pale Horse
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CrashOveride wrote:
If you have discord you could try joining n64vault, I find it very hard to reliably provide help on forums.
That text tutorial is outdated and will be removed shortly, open game configuration and inject the text there

I was banned from Discord, do you have Telegram? How can I inject the text for the guns from game configuration?

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I cannot use telegram due to it's reliance on phone numbers, open game config and select your text file then click inject and save

Pale Horse
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CrashOveride wrote:
I cannot use telegram due to it's reliance on phone numbers, open game config and select your text file then click inject and save

Oh yes! Thank you sir. It worked. You're my best friend on the Forum now thanks to this advice. I've been struggling with this for a whole month! I PM'd you about some other things.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: