ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

How well do you do at GE Multi in general and/or online?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maxout

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:23 pm    Post subject: How well do you do at GE Multi in general and/or online? Reply with quote Back to top

Have we had a topic like this before? I'm not sure. For those of us not getting to every meetup out there I'll post how well I've done. Here are the scenarios.

These are my real life games I'll mention.

Flag Tag: I've won two games since many I know don't like this mode.
The Living Daylights: I've won two out of three. The first time I lost was when I first played GE back in the 90's. It's a clear memory of the result and nothing else. Sorta our last game of the night.
LTK: I've won over 90% of these being about 20 games or so. I'm unsure since I don't play this often. Everyone opts for normal.
Normal: Won this countless times on all the levels with a variety of weapons. I only lose about 1/30 games in multi and once in 1v1 in the past 20 years. Several years ago someone got me to 9 and 8 kills in 1v1. I still won with 10.

Multiplayer Misc: I've won free for alls, 3v1, 2v1, and even several 2v2s. I lose the most in free for alls since the weaker players can kill each other without my interference. I win those duals you get into someone mostly during everyone fighting.

The Man with the Golden Gun: I've won several games and lost my very first game. Auto aim was on that game. I do remember that game in the 90's of mine.

I play auto aim off, sight off mostly. I've done handicap. I've beaten some people at -10, -4, -2, and -1. I've mostly won on -1 since anything more is even difficult for me. I've let people + their health.

Anything else I've forgotten I've done well. My more common awards are Most Professional and Most Deadly. Most Frantic and Marksmanship Award come close second. I've never had Lemming award with any other awards coming variously.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I remember playing GE multiplayer with one of my brothers when I was a kid. Never beat him, I think. But a decade later, one of my cool high school teachers brought in an N64 and by then I was top game since no one else had been playing it as recently as l did.

The only specific thing l remember is my brother and I standing in the corners of Facility's locker room, throwing knives at each other until one of us fell. He won that weird special condition match, too, but it's funny remembering that happened.

I think in general, I'm a decent "veteran" player. I wouldn't take home any awards, but I can put up a fight. I'm a 1.1 and 1.3 control style player, though, so I'm definitely not getting skillful head shots.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here is something interesting...when you are killed, you always spawn at the different spawn points in the same order (i.e spawn 1, 2, 3...) One day while playing, me and my buddy figured it out. If he knew where you spawned (screen watching) he would run to the next spawn point in order and kill you as right as you finished spawning. Haha

Maxout

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's a thread bump. I know the quality of my videos aren't always the greatest. If I had only ever told you stuff without showing you would you have believed me?

I have the distinct feeling it's not that important to be good at this game these days. After all it's only fiction and we're not really getting anywhere with it.

ForEnglandJames
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:54 am    Post subject: Multiplayer Reply with quote Back to top

I absolutely kicked ass in multiplayer when I was a teenager, but that was the early 2000's and I was playing with a tiny group of people. In this day and age, I probably suck compared to a lot of you. I still love it though. Nothing like the absolute mayhem of 4 player split screen.

Maxout

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It holds up well. These days Stockfish blows us away along with other A.I. There's no happier feeling from having fun in the multiplayer Temple against people. There's things the machine can never master.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I feel like I was better than most people I played against back in the late 90's and early 2000's. One friend was good competition, but we often did more team battles against Simulants in PD later on. For as much work as I have done for custom multiplayer packs and GE-X, I have only had a handful of matches with other people.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: