ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

1964 your best settings for local splitscreen playing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reaper1984
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject: 1964 your best settings for local splitscreen playing Reply with quote Back to top

I've been lucky lately and got to hang with a couple of dudes (3 players in total) who wants to play Goldeneye splitscreen. I showed them the Mario Characters mod, Golden maps, etc. However i have a lot of slowdowns. Please share your best settings for local splitscreen, rom settings, etc.
I'm using 1964 60fps mod (i think it's called was ages ago i downloaded it! haha).
It works fine on the original Ge, occasional slowdowns but no deal breaker, however trying most of the golden maps (kakariko being one of my favourites) is slowing down a lot. Any tips are welcome!

As for controllers i use usb adapter ps1 dualshock and a ps3 with the "fake xbox" mod, and a unknown controller (cause for unknown reason). I cannot use two usb adapters (even tho different). The emulator just get's confused and cannot register the buttons correctly.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

imho the best way to play it is to buy original controllers and use raphnet adapters

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

64/Never drive Idea

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you tried using DirectInput 1.2.0? For lag try lowering overclock and using Jabo 1.6.1 as the video plugin

reaper1984
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
Have you tried using DirectInput 1.2.0? For lag try lowering overclock and using Jabo 1.6.1 as the video plugin

I'm using Jabo 1.6.1 yes. As for DirectInput i'm guessing that's another controller plugin? I'm using Nrage 2.2.3c.
How do i lower the overclocking?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If DirectInput or the overclock toolbar menu are not found then you should try the updated 1964 bundle

The DirectInput input plugin allows multiple controllers to be used, generally has less problems than N-Rage

reaper1984
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
If DirectInput or the overclock toolbar menu are not found then you should try the updated 1964 bundle

The DirectInput input plugin allows multiple controllers to be used, generally has less problems than N-Rage

I did use the search button but i couldn't find that thread. I probably downloaded my earlier version from there. Thank you ever so much! Hope i can finally get Kakariko Village to flow decently in multiplayer, would be killer! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: