ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Setup Editor *HELP* Changing ammo amount in ammo boxes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:02 am    Post subject: Setup Editor *HELP* Changing ammo amount in ammo boxes? Reply with quote Back to top

Unless this feature was removed in the newer edition of the editor I swore I've seen this somewhere in it. lol Any help appreciated!

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ammo count and type can be set by double clicking the ammo box or through the toolbar - edit setup > object editor.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you're using this in MP levels, than I strongly suggest you stick to using weapon sets, rather than predetermined weapons with specific ammo that will always appear in the map no matter what set is chosen by the player. People like to have some control over which weapons can be used during a match. If you are placing certain guns here and there, than that control is gone, and every match will play out in a similar fashion, due to the assortment of weapons never changing.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:47 am    Post subject: You bet! Reply with quote Back to top

Funny you should say that Cool That's exactly why I have been removing all of the hard coded weapon placements and placing multi weapon ones. So no need to change ammo amounts? I could never get anything to work anyway, it just seemed like 84 rounds of ammo for a pistol seemed a little HIGH Laughing

**Oh crap** Speaking of getting back into all of this have you ever used action blocks to EMIT SOUND EFFECTS from a preset? I was having trouble getting one to work although I'm not done testing some other things. Any help if you have already done this and could share how to make the action block work. Embarassed

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ammo count is predetermined by the weapon set itself, which you can edit under the multiplayer section in the Game Configurations (21990 file) menu. You don't need to adjust any ammo in the setup. Just pick the proper MP weapon ID (F0-F7) and set the ammo boxes paired with it to that gun number. And don't forget the flag tag token.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:42 am    Post subject: Flag tag + Action Block question Reply with quote Back to top

Sweet. Easier than I thought too. I had to look at a multi to make sure I only place one flag tag and not one for each player. Btw.... I've been having trouble getting a custom sound effect to emit from the aeroplane in Runway. No matter how I make the action block it either won't loop right or it will play across the entire level really LOUD. Have you ever succeeded in making a no fail default block for this you could share? Pulling my old hairs out over here trying to get the thing working. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: