ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Functional Elevator in GoldenEye...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:23 am    Post subject: Functional Elevator in GoldenEye... Reply with quote Back to top

I had been fiddling with this over the last week, and finally got it somewhere I figured I could show other people. After talking on the N64 Vault Discord about ways to improve / optimize, Coockie1173 offered up some great suggestions. Carnivorous also supplied information about the players falling speed, which helped smooth out your descent.

First version...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMNUXGxANuI

Second version...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-4m1K786XI

Basically, you're using 2BFE actions to gradually shift the Y coordinates of two stan tiles, as well as the current Y position of the lift itself (which is an object). There are some other tricks, such as invisible glass to block off players from getting through the shaft above or below doors, and also an invisible door inside the shaft that is used to play the lift movement sounds. It works really well in multiplayer, but guard characters aren't as good with it. They sink into the lift on the way up, and bounce during the trip down. If someone is standing inside the lift but the player isn't looking their way, they can stay at a higher or lower elevation until you have their rough position on screen, where they then pop back into place. Unless there is some way to remedy that, lifts in single player missions may need to be setup so guards won't use them, or are limited.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Simply amazing! You guys never cease to amaze me.

Do you think we can have conveyor belts and mechanic stairs like in PD Air Base using a similar method?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you access the chr data struct from bond data you might be able to update the y axis position for characters.

Sogun wrote:
Simply amazing! You guys never cease to amaze me.

Do you think we can have conveyor belts and mechanic stairs like in PD Air Base using a similar method?

Push/pull mechanics are already possible with 2BFE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: