ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

What would you like to see it nealy compiled builds of PD?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:59 am    Post subject: What would you like to see it nealy compiled builds of PD? Reply with quote Back to top

The brilliant news that the decompilation/disassembly of Perfect Dark has been completed (http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=8205) means that it's now possible for talented hackers/programmers to consider adding new features to the game. So I thought it would be a good idea for us PD fans to make a list of features we'd like to see added, to hopefully inspire people to improve this already amazing game.

Here are ten things I'd like to see:

1. An option to disable the blurry vision effect in multiplayer, because many people seem to dislike it. I think it would be best to have an option that allows the following settings:

On - The blurry effect is as in the release version of PD, so it can last even past death.

Until Death - The blurry effect is instantly cancelled when you re-spawn.

Off - No blurriness at all.

2. The ability to name the sims.

3. The ability for the game to use the entire memory card, instead of (as is the case in the release version of PD) only allowing for four game presets. Please let us be able to fill up the entire memory card with our own pre-setup multiplayer games.

4. The ability to choose which of the possible 'base' areas in the Capture-the-Case game mode are used. At the moment, they are randomly chosen, which is interesting, but not ideal. Actually, please keep 'randomised' as an option for each individual team's base, so that the options would be something like:

Game Type: Capture the Case

Map: Temple

Base Location: Team 1 : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ,6, Randomized

Base Location: Team 2 : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ,6, Randomized

Base Location: Team 3 : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ,6, Randomized

etc. "Team x" would be replaced by the team's name, of course, and no two teams can select the same area.

5. Please add a sixth weapon spawn location to the map Warehouse. Warehouse is the only multiplayer map that lacks a sixth weapon slot, and I think a good location for it might be near the famously inaccessible (and false) ammunition box, which many people suspect was to have been the location of the sixth weapon slot.

6. Some alterations to the controls, for ease of use. For example, I would like to see the Left Shoulder Button altered so it turns Combat Boost on/off. Providing, of course, you have combat boost in your inventory. This would be much better than having to, as you must do now, switch to the combat boost, activate it, then switch back to your current weapon.

In the same way, I think it would be great if you pressed D-Up for throw grenade, D-Left for throw proximity mine, D-Down for throw timed mine, and D-Right for throw Remote Control Mine.

7. Add a Last Man Standing mode to mulitplayer, so that you can select the number of lives that everyone starts with, and when a player or sim runs out of lives, then he is out of the match, and the last person left with any lives is the winner.

There should be an option of:

How Many Lives The Players Each Start With: 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50

And another option:

If Only Sims Are Left In the Match (i.e. if all humans players are out) Then: End The Match, Continue Until All Sims Are Finished

8. Some basic changes to PD's weapons.

- It seems that using the K7's mine-detection ability imposes no penalty when using the firing mode. Perhaps the K7 should be changed so that the primary mode is firing bullets only, and the secondary mode is mine detection only (you can't fire in this mode), so that the player has to switch between the two modes as desired.

- Fix the apparently bug in multiplayer whereby the sims, even the Perfect and Darksims, are useless with the shotgun.

- Make it so that when the using the infinite ammunition cheat, the Psychosis gun has infinite ammo, instead of the few rounds it currently gets.

9. Add an option so that the players (humans and sims) start with a weapons, say:

Players Start With Weapon: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, None (Unarmed)

10. A big one, this, but I will ask anyway. I like playing through the thirty challenges, and I wish that there were more. Would it be possible to add more, maybe using an algorithm (to save the programmer from having to manually create dozens or even hundreds of setups. The game Turok Wars has a different match setup tree for every playable character, and it mounts up to *many* preset matches overall, and it's really good, playing one pre-set match after another.

In PD, maybe maths could be used to set up say 999 matches, from the first match (one human versus one Meatsim, combat mode, on whatever is the first multiplayer map, with a mix of the first weapons, all the way up to match 999, which would be against four Perfect Sims.

Thanks for reading this long (and hopefully not too tedious) post.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: What would you like to see it nealy compiled builds of P Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr Avon wrote:
1. An option to disable the blurry vision effect in multiplayer, because many people seem to dislike it. I think it would be best to have an option that allows the following settings...

This affects co-op and counter-op as well, so it'd be best as a regular option to fix it there, too.
(On a different note, I'm a masochist and want to try a level with permanent blur. Twisted Evil )

Kerr Avon wrote:
2. The ability to name the sims.

Oh, I thought this was possible in-game, but I was wrong. Something the Perfect Gold editor can sort of do, but not an in-game thing. I think I mixed that up with where you trick the game into keeping the names from Challenges.

Kerr Avon wrote:
5. Please add a sixth weapon spawn location to the map Warehouse. Warehouse is the only multiplayer map that lacks a sixth weapon slot, and I think a good location for it might be near the famously inaccessible (and false) ammunition box, which many people suspect was to have been the location of the sixth weapon slot.

The editor's definitely been able to do this, though. Actually, I wonder if it's even possible for the decomp to do this without an editor of its own, unless it also transcribed the binary files? Regardless, someone is working on a level editor for the decomp project, so hopefully that goes well.

Kerr Avon wrote:
- It seems that using the K7's mine-detection ability imposes no penalty when using the firing mode. Perhaps the K7 should be changed so that the primary mode is firing bullets only, and the secondary mode is mine detection only (you can't fire in this mode), so that the player has to switch between the two modes as desired.

This can be done with the editor, too, though it enters the big mess of information overload known as the Game Configuration menu. Despite its intimidating look, this change seems to be as simple as swopping the K7's Threat Detector function with the Mine's. It even maintains the "no quick-swop" quirk.

Kerr Avon wrote:
- Make it so that when the using the infinite ammunition cheat, the Psychosis gun has infinite ammo, instead of the few rounds it currently gets.

This is something changeable in the editor, as well. It's found in the Ammo combobox under the Weapon Stats 2 tab. However, I do notice this list has some hardcoded limitations, so if someone wanted to disable Infinite Ammo for an ammo type early in the list, decomp might be the way to go there.

Kerr Avon wrote:
10. A big one, this, but I will ask anyway. I like playing through the thirty challenges, and I wish that there were more. Would it be possible to add more, maybe using an algorithm (to save the programmer from having to manually create dozens or even hundreds of setups. The game Turok Wars has a different match setup tree for every playable character, and it mounts up to *many* preset matches overall, and it's really good, playing one pre-set match after another.

While custom challenges have already been doable, an auto-generator would certainly have an easier time parsing through the decomp's text files than the binary code, I believe. Not to mention the advantage of expanding it beyond 30 with a bit of work.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well I had this idea ever since I first found out about PD and GE's decomp projects. I told Wreck about this in private last year. However, now that the decomp for PD is done with the exception of the NTSC Beta, PAL Beta, PAL Final, and JPN Final. The NTSC Final which is the rom GE-X is based off has now been complete. It has to do with a NEW change in the weapon set system. Here's the explanation I told Wreck...

We know the current customizing in the game uses 6 slots only. We also know those are not the full availability of the weapon spawn locations internally. So my proposal is simply create a new system similar to that GE Weapon set editor program from years ago. Instead of players only able to use the 6 slots available to them to create a custom weapon set currently, we use the internal system of allowing players to have access to all 10 slots available internally from the game. This would allow for even MORE different weapons to be spawn in different locations within a weapon set customizable or default. The new weapon set layout window would now be numbered 1-10. For example:

Set: Power Weapons
current weapon setup:
1. DD44 Dostovei
2. RC-P90
3. Cougar Magnum
4. Automatic Shotgun
5. Body Armor
6. Disabled

That's the current system that GE-X and PD uses. Now this is the new hacked system once the decompile is complete.

Set: Power Weapons
current weapon setup:
1. DD44 Dostovei
2. DD44 Dostovei
3. RC-P90
4. RC-P90
5. Cougar Magnum
6. Cougar Magnum
7. Automatic Shotgun
8. Automatic Shotgun
9. Body Armor
10. Body Armor

The benefits of the new weapon set system will easily allow for the Golden Gun and Pistols weapon sets from GE64 to be replicated without interfering with the changes to the other default weapon sets. Also here's an example it can benefit a newly customizable weapon set by human players in game.

Set: Custom
current weapon setup:
1. PP7
2. Klobb
3. Knife
4. ZMG (9mm)
5. AR33 Assault Rifle
6. RC-P90
7. Golden Gun
8. Proximity Mine
9. Rocket Launcher
10. Moonraker Laser

See now there is more room for customization as all the weapon spawn locations are accessible and all 10 internal locations can now have a different weapon spawned rather than a weapon duplicated in two different spawn locations in a VR map. Here are what the Pistols and Golden Gun weapon sets will then look like.

Set: Pistols
current weapon setup:
1. PP7 Silenced
2. PP7 Silenced
3. PP7 Silenced
4. DD44 Dostovei
5. DD44 Dostovei
6. DD44 Dostovei
7. Cougar Magnum
8. Cougar Magnum
9. Body Armor
10. Body Armor

Set: Golden Gun
current weapon setup:
1. DD44 Dostovei
2. DD44 Dostovei
3. Klobb
4. Klobb
5. KF7 Soviet
6. KF7 Soviet
7. PP7 Silenced
8. Golden Gun
9. Body Armor
10. Body Armor

It would also be identical to those GE mods that had customized weapon sets like BMW's map pack where he had one called Rifles where he used all 8 weapon slots (As GE used 8 locations as we know) and had a klobb, KF7, Phantom, ZMG, Shotgun, Auto Shotgun, Sniper, AR-33. Imagine this setup now but for Goldeneye X!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GE-X does use a new format for the weapon sets than previous builds, which does correctly arrange the Pistols and Golden Gun sets. It doesn't look as pretty in the menu, but it does the job. The 10 weapon list could be an interesting change, though, and adds more variety.

Blur and Poison reset on death is definitely a thing to include. Just need to make sure it properly affects both humans and Sims. Can't have them running around like they are drunk.

Oh, as for Challenges, I think it should be possible. If memory serves, the entire set of 30 Challenges is setup for multiple languages. So if you can just make it read further into the next set, you could potentially have 60, 90, 120 or possibly more.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

1) More Laptop Gun Throws (each player gets 4 for example)
2) More AI Buddies in Co-op allowed
3) 4p Co-operative mode
4) 640 x 480i
5) More than 8 simulants in multi
6) Figure out why moving car type doesn't work

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

-New "Last man standing" multiplayer scenario as said by Kerr Avon. But I would make it simplier, just choose a globar number of lives shared by all players. I was surprised this wasn't already in the game. GoldenEye had the "You Only live twice" mode wich is the same idea but limited to two lifes. I guess setting up a big amount of lives would make matches took an eternity, but that's up to the players. On a second thought, if simulants are involved and are the only one left it can become an issue. The match should end as the last human has no more lifes.

-Get all languages in the NTSC rom so we can finally play PD in Spanish at higher framerates.

-Fix being stunned and poisoned after death as mentioned by others. This should have been addressed before shipping the game!

-Make disarm not harm or stun. It makes normal punches useless. Do they at least deal more damage?

-Advanced graphical options: disable every antialising layer at will, choose/disable dithering mode, toggle on/off texture filters and perspective correction, turn coronas on/off, choose many different resolutions seeing in other N64 games (256x224, 320x224, 320x240, 400x300, 480x360, 512x240, 640x240, 640x480), adjust FOV.

-Add a flamethrower as a weapon. Twisted Evil

As for new level creation features:
-Level scale factor as in GoldenEye
-Unlimited slots for more levels, characters, props, guns, sound and music.
-Unlimited slots for weather effects (rain, snow) and the possibility to tweak them per level (change snow for leaves or fireflies. Make the Area 51 posion gas customizable and turn it into a sandstorm). Maybe make fog parameters adjustable per room.
-More flexibility for scrolling and animated textures.

Morrigan Aensland-Hill
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Before adding a flamethrower as a weapon, the first thing to do is to create custom guard animations such as running while on fire and stop, drop and rolling. I've seen a certain number N64 games that support the use of the flamethrower like Shadows of the Empire and Army Men: Sarge's Heroes.

Aside from that matter, I requested and suggested that the new secondary function for the MagSec 4 would be to fire a laser beam that reflects off of the ground, walls and props just like in the prequel.

...Also, my husband sells propane and propane accessories.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Restore that thing where you could tilt your guns sideways by command from beta version.
Restore face mapping GBC capabilities.
Support N64 DD Mouse + Keyboard on hardware/console.
I always wanted to make a racing mode/level out of the Hovercars.

HackBond

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Restore that thing where you could tilt your guns sideways by command from beta version.

Graslu is spearheading the charge to enable this, currently mapped to L.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Graslu
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah thanks to the help of Catherine Reprobate we were able to map L to tilt your guns by command. I'm expanding it to a lot of the other weapons as well, since it can give some nice results.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Graslu00
Discord: https://discord.gg/tksttVC

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What about making the muzzle flashes flicker like they did in a very early beta footage when Perfect Dark was being created? What about bringing back muzzle flickering back for automatics and power weapons?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

HackBond was experimenting with the muzzle flash flickering. Got some good looking results for rapid fire weapons on his first tests. Hopefully it can be modified to act just like GE does.

G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, all those suggestions are exactly what I am so hyped about as well, more stage and music slots, more simulants, 4 player coop, weather effects, old beta animations like gun tilting .

I also wanted to add I saw somewhere a function where either you as the player or the AI could hold a hostage in front of the enemy shielding you. Also bring back all those unused dying and idle animations. This thing will be a true joy especially in Goldeneye X once figured out.

Intelligently expanding the levels as well, as even with a modern recompiler and optimizing code it will run faster with original hardware.

Look what they did with Mario 64 solid frames per second.

HackBond

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ryan did make a performance version of Perfect Dark. Currently some stuff breaks like the EyeSpy and splitscreen but it's a interesting idea nonetheless

https://gitlab.com/ryandwyer/perfect-dark/-/tree/mods/performance

There's a readme detailing everything he did.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
HackBond was experimenting with the muzzle flash flickering. Got some good looking results for rapid fire weapons on his first tests. Hopefully it can be modified to act just like GE does.

Nice going. If they can be modified to act just like GE's flickering effects then I would LOVE for it to make it's way to GE-X eventually. Here's hoping. 🤞🤞

I also would love for there to at least be able to have one more extra mission for solo missions. The reason why? Well so that Wreck can be able to put all the missions from Goldeneye to GE-X while being able to keep "The Duel" mission level all together. Heck maybe even all the GE solo mission levels with "The Duel" and a newly created extra mission exclusive for GE-X only. Just a thought there. 😁

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: