ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE Setup Editor doesnt open.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
juamnitruh
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:01 pm    Post subject: GE Setup Editor doesnt open. Reply with quote Back to top

I just installed GE Setup Editor on my pc. But when i click on the executable, it doesnt open. I dont know why. I updated it with the BetaGrabberTool.exe, and it still didnt worked.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are you on Win 7? There is something weird going on with latest 4.3 (possibly VS2019 redistributable related), that I can't figure out on certain machines.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: GE Setup Editor doesnt open. Reply with quote Back to top

juamnitruh wrote:
I just installed GE Setup Editor on my pc. But when i click on the executable, it doesnt open. I dont know why. I updated it with the BetaGrabberTool.exe, and it still didnt worked.

Could you please try the following:

Reset the PC, then when it boots back to Windows, then try to start the editor (by double clicking on "runwaysetupeditor.exe" in the editor's folder. Then press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC all together, which should open the Windows Task Manager. In the task manager, select the "Processes" page, and you should see:

runwaysetupeditor

in the list, meaning that the program started to start, but seems to stall, for some reason.

Double click on "runwaysetupeditor.exe" in the editor's folder again, and you should see "runwaysetupeditor" appear a second time in the task manager. Double click on "PerfectGold.exe" in the folder, and you should see "PerfectGold" appear in the task manager, too.

If everything happens the way I've listed then it does seem like your problem is identical to mine, so hopefully it's just down to one cause, that we can locate and eliminate.

Rey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Was going to post on that other thread I just made but saw this. Has there been a solution to this? I installed and Uninstalled 4.3 many times and I still can't get it open. I went and installed version 3 again afterwords and it opened fine. Since I had a F5 covert rom GZIP problem I thought I could be slick and take the GZIP file from version 4.3 and replace it with version 3. That hasn't worked either. So on the newest one it simply won't open and the one before just won't let me make a rom. What a smooth return I'm having.
Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: