ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

An upcoming new GE mod, and also Tomorrow Never Dies!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:49 am    Post subject: An upcoming new GE mod, and also Tomorrow Never Dies! Reply with quote Back to top

There's an interesting mini-mod for Goldeneye, shown at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xlVBRaaFCQ

This mod, which doesn't look like it has a definite name yet, looks like it prevents you from losing your weapons and ammunition when you start a
new level, providing the level you are about to start is actually still part of the same mission as the last level.

I.e. Any weapons you pick up in the Dam level will stay with you through both the Facility, and Runway levels, because they are all part of one mission.
But when you start the next level, which is Surface 1, then you lose the weapons which you'd picked up from the first mission, as Surface 1 is the start
of a different mission.

I think that this is a great idea. There doesn't seem to be a download URL yet, so maybe it's still being tested.

According to the Youtube page, it's by Wreck, so if you see this, Wreck, can you maybe consider making Bond's health follow suit, so that if Bond gets
injured during a level then that injury (the lowering of his health) is carried over into any later levels in that same mission, please?

That will make the illusion of two or more levels actually feeling like one extended mission seem even more palpable, if both the health and Bond's
weapon inventory is carried over. Or maybe make two versions of the mod, one including the health carry-over, and one not, so people can choose
which version to playu

And slightly off topic, but why isn't there a thread on this forum that announces every Goldeneye and Perfect Dark mod release? It could point to a
relevant thread or post too, if there is one. I only found out about this mod because of Youtube's pseudo-random thumbnail displays (it got tired
of the fifty thousand Brexit videos it usually spams me with), and it makes me wonder what other GE/PD mods we miss because they aren't
announced on this forum.

I mean, a new total conversion of Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies was released a few weeks back, and I only found that out because
I was looking for a download URL for the keep-your-weapons-across-full-missions mod. It's a shame that such mods can largely pass most
N64 fans by, because so few people are made aware of mod releases.

Tomorrow Never Dies can be download from:

http://n64vault.com/ge-campaigns:tomorrow-never-dies-64

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I actually just uploaded the "Carry-Over Mod" to N64 Vault yesterday...

http://n64vault.com/ge-for-fun:carry-over-mod

It does retain your health and armour, as well. I'd suggest people read over the notes on the page / in the readme file, to better understand what is happening, and how some other things may have been altered to suit the mod. I am waiting to hear of possible issues, so if anyone comes across one (Runway sniper thing doesn't count!), please let me know.

All new additions for GE and PD are available on the N64 Vault site, which is the best place to look for them. I also try to post about them on the GoldenEye Mods Facebook page.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Brilliant, thanks for this! And also for the GE shotgun-only challenge mod. The shotgun really changes the gameplay, what with you having to be fairly close up to the enemies to ensure a fatal shot, and the enemies being able to hear the shotgun from a fair distance away and come running ready to kill you.

Given that Britain is going into lockdown again, as a direct result of the government's total mishandling of the pandemic, it looks like I will have time to play these mods (and the very soon to be released remake of the DOS classic System Shock, Citadel*) properly!

* To read about the brilliant Citadel, go to:

https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=6977.0

and go to the last page to see the latest news about releases.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: