ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Would it be possible to view the GE level models in VR?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldeneyeGuru
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:04 am    Post subject: Would it be possible to view the GE level models in VR? Reply with quote Back to top

Like you all, pretty much every inch of the Goldeneye levels are burned into my mind.

I love the fact that we can enjoy GE via high res emulation, but the way I'd really like to see the levels is via stereoscopic VR.

Obviously a steroscopic VR version of the N64 game is way beyond our reach, but I'm wondering would it be possible to take the 3D models of the levels that we can export because of the level editor, and use some other with these (perhaps after converting them to a different format), to allow us to view/walk through them in VR?

Just to be clear I mean the levels only, not assets such as enemies, veichles ect...

...does anyone here have an opinion how how possible this would be? Or are the levels models stored in some propriatary format that will be very difficult to work with?

DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, people have done SM64 in VR, so surely GE is possible to view in VR.

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

you could open up 2 visual windows and view your desktop in an app like Virtual Desktop which allows splitting your desktop into left and right.

its a bit of a mess around, but if you set your left camera to 6mm left of the right camera co-ord and view through VR you will see 3d.

I had suggested that this be made an actual feature allowing the keyboard to move both windows at the same time, but for now, its a lot of manual work

Trev

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: