ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Problem with Gameshark (N64) version 3.3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Problem with Gameshark (N64) version 3.3 Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder if there are help for my Gameshark (for N64) because when I play any game, for example Goldeneye, it dosen't start, why?

I've remembered that when I got Gameshark (for N64), it worked perfectly, but a few months later, it dosen't start when I put a game. I bought another Gameshark and the situation was the same! And now, I bought a third Gameshark and I noticed that my third Gameshark is about to be like my first and my second Gameshark. What's wrong!

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This may be an obvious tip, or not, but did you try the legendary trick of blowing on the cartridges? My N64 is old now, and I have to do that technique almost every time now. Simply pull out the cart, blow on it, blow on the gameshark too, reconnect it and plug it back in.

Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I tried your tip, to blow under the cartridge and the Gameshark, and it dosen't start!

How I can start my Gamesharks?

mrjeffguy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, Gamesharks are hard to get working right some times. Blowing in it helps. If it was just on and you want to reset it, turn it off, wait like 10 seconds then start it again.

But, I think you're problem might be that you have the wrong keycode on. Every game fits under one type of keycode. If you try and start a game when a different keycode is on, it won't start.

Try and remember which keycode is on, you can change it right from the start screen when you get it on. I cant find a list all the keycodes, try and start it with the last game you remember it working with. If that doesn't work, then try turning it on with all you're games. I know that sounds annoying, but you might have to do it. I've had that happen before.

Sometimes, Gamesharks do break though, and you might have buy a new one. I'm on my third one, but this one has worked perfectly ever since I got it.

Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know I used Goldeneye to set Zelda keycode to play Perfect Dark. Once it was done, I put Perfect Dark on my Gameshark and it dosen't start. This is my third Gameshark that situation is happening, it happened with my second Gameshark and my first, I've mixed some keycodes.

Is it possible to start all my Gamesharks?

Fear the Darkness
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

if you blow in your gameshark, you should hold it up to a fan to dry it because the moisture can mess up the electrical stuff in the gameshark.

here's what you should do. buy an n64 cleaning kit. clean the connecters on the bottom of the gameshark, then take that thing that's meant to clean the actual n64 system, and clean the top part of the gameshark where you stick the game in. then clean your N64 and your games. I used to have to blow on Perfect Dark to get it to work in the gameshark (and I had to blow all my games) but now they work as soon as I put them in. when I cleaned the games, there was a thick layer of black crap on the Q tip.

oh yeah and I've lost four gamesharks. I don't know why they stopped working but I'm thinking because of corrupted codes, or because I blew on it and shorted out the electrical wires. one broken gameshark I kept still turns on, but the title screen is messed up and when I go to the game list, it freezes. but I got a new 3.3 gameshark last year in January and it's still working after over a year. probably because I clean it.

Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I tried your tip Fear. I used Q-tips and rubbing alcohol to clean games and Gamesharks. But for the Gamesharks, 2 of my 3 are taken down and I passed a Q-tips and rubbing alcohol in every part, exept chips. Once it was done, 1 of my Gameshark started! Later, I tried to play but it dosen't start.

Last edited by Erevan on Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I figured I'd give the Q-tip trick a try.
Choosing two of my three inactive cheating devices, I rubbed the bottom of the connectors, as well as the side, to clean off the residue. A fair amount of black came off. I decided to give my GoldenEye cartridge a run, too. After everything was cleaned, I tested them out. Both resulted in success. Yes, it's true. No, I'm not lying. The first Shark started up, but the cheat list is no longer registered. This was a problem that had occured prior to it not powering up, so it's nothing new. Other than not being able to use codes with it, the Code Generator and Memory Editor are fine. The second Shark also started up properly, but it even had everything left over. All of my cheats were safe and sound. I tried using the Caverns Frontzone All-In-One Multi code to make sure it would still boot up the game with codes activated. GoldenEye started, the codes worked, the level was playable. Making sure this wasn't just a fluke, I shut off the system and tried it again. Selecting the Facility Backzone All-In-One Multi code, I crossed my fingers and held my breath. Once again, she did it. I even forgot how much better the GS button was on that one. It has a glide to it, not just a clicking push that feels like there is nothing but air inbetween. Atleast now I have two backup devices, one that is PC friendly. Smile

Thanks for the tips, Fear! Wink

Fear the Darkness
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Smile your first gameshark was probably corrupted by a code or something.

hey Erevan I'm hoping you only cleaned the connectors on the bottom and the thing on top right? you didn't like stick a Q tip into your gameshark and rub all the inside things right? and you wanna let it dry off too before you stick it in your n64.

Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

But to come back about to clean, I have something to avoid to do when you clean. NEVER blow under your carthridge because in your mouth, this is salted and when you blow, the breath is salted too. The carthridge and the Gameshark are made with copper. When the salt is in contact with copper, it damages the cartridge and the Gameshark.

Since I've followed my alternative, I wonder why my Gameshark (2nd) succeeded to start and I was able to play but it took a few time to try to start. However, when I tried to start later (after nearly 2 hours), it didn't start.

I've remembered that a Gameshark can be messed up by the air, the solution, I put all my Gamesharks in a bag, I tried to remove the air from the bag to closed hermetically.

Fear the Darkness wrote:
Smile your first gameshark was probably corrupted by a code or something.

I've mixed keycodes and I set to Zelda, and I set to Cruis n world or Yoshi's story. (As I could remember)

Last edited by Erevan on Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fear the Darkness
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

nah I was talking about Wreck's first gameshark. he says it freezes up on the cheat code screen

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I honestly believe that one of the reasons why GameShark Pro's screw up is the damned GS Button. Sure, it sounds like a nifty concept, but pressing the button constantly can make it super sensitive. If I even graze the cheating device it will go into its menu. Sometimes it comes on all by itself. Not only that, when you go to exit out of the menu, it pops back up immediately. Over and over, until you manage to make the button stop "touching" the sensor inside. When it comes to hacking, it's a Shark killer. I'd like somebody to hack a code for GoldenEye that would allow you to access the menu by pressing down on the D-Pad. This would no doubt prolong the lifespan of the cheating devices.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh man, did I throw my POS sharks away? I think I've kept them around. This sounds really interesting about cleaning them. I would be a happy guy if these can be brought back. I think I have 3 or 4 kicking around here...

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Of the two that started working again, I've only been using the one.
I'm unsure whether or not the other still operates, but this one is fine.
Find those cheating devices and give 'em a good old fashion cleaning! Smile

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My Gameshark just quit on me, so I tried the Q-tip (with saliva, not rubbing alcohal), but it didnt work still. So then I started to get seruous, and learned the gameshark can take quite a beating and still work, and in fact work better. I took it apart (The Gameshark uses regular screws, so its easy) I first scratched as much as i could off with a screwdriver, then sandparered it. Thats right, SANDPAPERED IT! I also took off the black thing, its jsut a heat disperser, and heat will probrobly disperse better anyway with all the case off. I also ripped that LED thing right off. Still works fine, so if you guys have a problem wiht your LEDS or just plain hate them, just rip em off, theyll be fine. I dont think it will improve performance any though. After all this I still was not able to do what I had wanted to do in the first place though, my Zelda cart doesnt work very well at all with my Gameshark. I had not worked with Goldeneye either anymore before though, so I lost some and gained it back, but didnt gain any in an overall sense, lol.

I think its because my Zelda cart (Gold) has a delayed startup time, about a 1-2 seconds longer than for example Goldeneye. I tried to clean that, but its alot easier to clean with them open, and I cant find something to unscrew those wierd things on regular nintendo carts.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: