ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Problem with Gameshark (N64) version 3.3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When I used the Q-Tips they were dry.
Electrical Components + Water = Not a good combination! Shocked

It sounds like you had a lot of fun gutting your Shark, KC.
I'm surprised the thing still works after all of that abuse. Laughing

The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time doesn't work well for me, either. I think I've got version 1.1 or 1.2, I can never remember. It crashes a lot, especially when I try hacking it. She's a very sensitive game when it comes to using a cheating device. I'd have been doing much more with it had it not been such a pain the ass...

Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I cleaned my third GS and it dosen't start.

Also, I've succeed to play with my second GS with Goldeneye (without codes with GS). But I wonder when I clean my GSes (Gamesharks), it still dosen't start at the beggining, but after a few times (put the GS and the cartridge on the consol then removing if it dosen't start), it starts. Is it normal?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nintendo64 cheating devices are often unreliable. They don't always start up on cue, atleast not the first time. If it doesn't work right away, I take it out of the console and remove the game. I then slide my finger across the bottom of both the Shark and cartridge, which is said to eliminate static electricty. Or.. something like that. Anyways, it helps in my case. Just keeping trying, but let it sit for about ten seconds between attempts.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just read the back of my GoldenEye cartridge...
"Do not blow on the edge connector or touch with your fingers." Laughing

They also tell you to keep the memory expansion bay covered, but mine is always open. I find that it doesn't get as hot after playing for a long time.

Edit:
I've also got to say that you should definitely keep some spare Q-Tips around your console area if you're using a GameShark. My crummy cheating device wouldn't start again, even after fifteen attempts. I ran my finger across the connectors of the cartidge and device, but nothing got it to start up. After rubbing them both with a Q-Tip, it worked first try. I'm not even joking. If you have a Shark that isn't very friendly, get some cotton swabs on a stick and scrub her down. She might just play! Very Happy

Last edited by Wreck on Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:10 pm; edited 3 times in total

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, im sure its not recommended to completley take off its case, heat dispersement, and LED and still stick it in the N64 and use it either, but I do it, lol. Touch with fingers? Does it say anything about rubbing the connectors with sand-paper?
I have an obsession with voiding waranties. Very Happy

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sand paper?
What's the matter, you don't have access to a Dremel? Razz

Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
They also tell you to keep the memory expansion bay covered

I ran my finger across the connectors of the cartidge and device, but nothing got it to start up. After rubbing them both with a Q-Tip, it worked first try.

What do you mean by expansion bay?

Also, I think if you run your finger across the connectors of the GS and the game, they could be messed up.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I call it the "heart" of the system.
It's the place where you put in your N64 Expansion Pack, the device necessary to use the GameShark's Code Generator & Memory Editor. The cover says "Memory Expansion" on it, which is located on the top of the console, between the Power and Reset controls.

I slide my finger across the edge connectors all the time, nothing has ever gone wrong with either the cartridge or cheating device.

zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i think they put the warnings up so that they work after a long term of usage. oh yeah, my 2.0 wont start. i bought it from a pawn, probably not a good idea, but it was like 10 bucks. the LED just shows 8 and doesnt change. it made me mad.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I discovered a new way to start it. If your GS is able being started and you turn it off after a long time to play with it, remove the game(carthridge) from the GS but don't remove your GS from the console.

Last edited by Erevan on Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, it happens GS dosen't start even with my new tip. However, I believe it's the way I put my GS on the console because when I turn on and it dosen't start, there is just a kinda wave of static on my tv, or something like that. And I remember if I put my GS on the console with a game and it dosen't start, the static can be slow or fast.

Also, I noticed when I played a game during a long time and I put my GS on the consol with a game, the static is faster.

If you want an idea, be in the darkness with your consol, your games and your cheat device. If it dosen't start, you might see a kinda wave of static. Attention, you can see nothing (black screen) once you turn on the consol.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You'd better suggest bringing a flashlight in with you if you're going to try putting cartridges into cheat devices and insert them both in the console while in the dark! Hehe. Razz

I often need to "dust" my GameShark before daily use. By using a Q-Tip, I rub it over the edge connector lightly. Sometimes I'll scrub at it a bit, which cleans off some of the black crap that builds up over time. I then swipe the inside of the device, but just the plastic part. Motioning outward, it sweeps out the dust and small hairs. Having a house with poor air circulation and two cats doesn't help much with electronics or sinuses. Confused

Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, it's useless to use a flashlight cuz I can see the "static" from my TV when the light is turned on.

Back to the subject, I succeeded to start my second GS. I've taken my GS down to clean inside, I set a cartridge and I succeeded to start after many tries (turn on, if no start, turn off, remove the GS and game from consol then repeat). Once I turned my consol off, I've succeeded to start agains without try after I waited a few seconds. And when I changed a game, I've just removed the game from the GS without removing GS from the consol. But I noticed that the GS dosen't start, thus I use rubbing alcohol for my GS and my games, and it works.

I followed your tip Wreck and it's okay, but I found a new way to avoid problems with carthridges, I place my games vertically.

I hope my GS will start every time I use these tips.

Also, I removed many codes from my GS cuz I think this is another cause why my GS didn't start.

P.S: I hope I won't abuse or misuse my GS.

link
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kcghost wrote:
I tried to clean that, but its alot easier to clean with them open, and I cant find something to unscrew those wierd things on regular nintendo carts.

Those screws are a pain in the arse to unscrew. You can look around amazon, ebay, or, perhaps, here:

http://electricquarter.com/product_info.php/cPath/23/products_id/57

The first few times I took apart N64 games for cleaning, I was using a damn Icepick and pushing the screw around in circles. Those bits are way easier.

JustinX32
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GS has a diffrent screw than other n64 games

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: