ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Problem with Gameshark (N64) version 3.3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Datel didn't go all out on their products. Big Surprise.
They simply used four small starheaded screws to connect the two halves of the plastic casing together. It's quite easy to take apart, compared to an actual N64 cartridge. Those screws are just plain weird. I guess Nintendo did it that way to prevent people from opening up all of their stuff and exposing the circuitry. But, like with everything else, the human mind finds a way. Wink

link
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, cleaning has done me some good on more consoles.

I cleaned out an old, seemingliy broken NES (took it apart and everything!), and the games. Works like a charm. Kind of useless with the Nintendo Wii on the way, but whatever. I looked around, and it looks like simple cleaning can fix loads of problems with Cartridge games. All of my N64, SNES, and Gameboy games are now perfect. Remeber that before you take something to a Game Store for repairs! Smile

JustinX32
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I removed my GS case before with a screwdriver. But I put it back.

Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I noticed every time when I add a code, it's not highlighted and the default is ON.

I think I've found a new hypothesis about why gamesharks bugs or don't start.
I tested the way to active a code: -First, , I added the code then I continue to play a game with that code, and after I played it, the code wasn't highlighted.

Second-I've done the same thing and I highlighted it. I begin to play a game with it, once i've finish, I checked if the code still highlighted. If I want to disable a code, it happens that a code still active even the default is OFF.

According to me, this hypothesis can solve why a Gameshark dosen't start or bug. But the best way, it's to check the default of the code (Default on/off), you wanna play with a code, default ON and if you don't, defaut OFF.

P.S. I got a new one and it's a 3.3

Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I tested with 3 gamesharks, 2 gs version 3.3 and one 3.2.

First I put the gs 3.2 (good) on the bottom and the gs 3.3 (kecode mixed) on the top, plus Goldeneye. Before to play, I set to the keycode to factory default. Then I played Goldeneye. Once I played, I tried to start my defective Gameshark (3.3) and it didn't started. I think it must be compatible with a 3.3 with a 3.3, not a 3.2 or less.

Later, I tried my new GS (version 3.3) and I've done the same way. After 1 or 2 attemps, my defective GS works! I've done with my defective GSes and 2 of 3 defective gamesharks are okay now, including the last one. This problem might be solved.

Thanks to code_man_63304 for this tip. You can try it. It could worth a shot.

Goldroger
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think I have a similar problem. I got my GS 3.3 today and tried to start Perfect Dark using a strange keycode I found somewhere on the internet. Now no game is bootable with the GS. I only have one GS so the "reflashing" using a good one, won't work. Is there anything I can do? (I'm not even able to enter the GS menu. When turning the N64 on, the screen stays black)

kholdfuzion
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Another common cause of a gameshark death is the connector to the cartridge becomes unsoldered on a few pins.
Take a magnifying glass and look over each pin where it is soldered to the board, if you see a tiny fracture, resolder it. Also if any of the joints have a white residue on them, clean them up and resolder them also.

Failure
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: GS v3.3 fails to even start up Reply with quote Back to top

I have read all ideas on how to fix the GS and have tried the q-tip procedure and have taken the thing apart and looked for loose welds.

Alas, there is nothing, and the LED won't even start up, when I try any game all I get is the video input for the tv, no black screen or static.

Only thing I have left to ask is, is it really dead?

JustinX32
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

uhh...why bring my 1-year old thread back? lol

You can just start another thread. xD

DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: