ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Conker is now in SSB 64! Smash Remix adds so much

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 3:44 am    Post subject: Conker is now in SSB 64! Smash Remix adds so much Reply with quote Back to top

In case any fans of the N64 game Super Smash Bros here aren't yet aware,you can now play as Conker the Squirrel in Smash Remix!

https://youtu.be/Wz9BO2z4VOA?t=348

Smash Remix is a really comprehensive fan-made mod of Super Smash Bros, which adds an amazing amount of content to the original game.

The mod includes all of the original characters, plus the following new ones:

Conker the squirrel,
Wolf,
Mad Piano (yes, you can actually play as the haunted piano from Super Mario 64,
Bowser,
Lucas,
Wario,
Dark Samus,
Ganondorf,
Young Link,
Falco,
Dr. Mario

Smash Remix has more than fifty stages (levels) including all of the old stages, for you to play in. There are new play modes and new options, new music, and the A.I. has been improved to make the game more interesting. All this, and the mod isn't even finished yet! There are two mystery characters still to be added, and no doubt the authors are working on more changes and improvements to the game.

But even as it is now, Smash Remix is superb. Definitely one of the very best N64 mods, and a few people have said it's worth buying a flash cartridge (such as the Everdrive 64, or the 64Drive) just to play this. But for me, just being able to play as Conker, and use his frying pan, his catapult (slingshot), his chainsaw, and his flame-thrower, makes this mod a must play. Definitely highly recommended for any Super Smash Bros fan.

For more information, look here:

https://n64squid.com/smash-remix/

and to download the mod, go to:

http://n64vault.com/ssb-characters:smash-remix

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

While I'm not the biggest Smash fan, what these talented team members have accomplished in Remix is extremely impressive. I usually watch through some of Snooplax's videos that show the new characters off. I know that 007 has been requested over the years, but I'd prefer to see Joanna. She'd fit in better, and add more female representation to the roster.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, there are two mystery characters still to be added, by the time the mod reaches version 1.0, and who knows, maybe work will continue past v1.0, and more characters, levels and features will be added.

My own personal top five wishes for new characters are:

1. Joanna Dark,

2. James Bond (though Joanna would suit the general theme better, I think),

3. A Big Daddy (from Bioshock, of course). Alright, so it doesn't fit in with either Nintendo or the N64, but a Big Daddy would be a *brilliant* addition to the game, I think,

4. Banjo (and Kazooie, of course),

5. Duke Nukem.

What top five characters would everyone else like to see in this mod?

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The YT is amazing! So they're really making cutscenes in this too? I'd only briefly played the last version

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: