ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

No more articles about romhacking on Fandom anymore...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morrigan Aensland-Hill
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:25 pm    Post subject: No more articles about romhacking on Fandom anymore... Reply with quote Back to top

As you may know, we have faced some very dark news...

The articles about GoldenEye modding, facts, and walkthroughs have all been ceased and desisted from Fandom by a ruthless yet unfair administrator!

...Also, my husband sells propane and propane accessories.

MRKane

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Frankly I've always expected a hammer to come down - if I get a C&D on Dark Noon, or any of my other modding hobbies, I won't be surprised.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't understand. Is the website https://www.fandom.com/ refusing to host fan-fiction, or N64 game mods, or news of N64 game mods, or what?

I'd never heard of the website before now, so I don't know what Goldeneye related content it used to host. Has the administrator said why their policy has changed, and is the new stance aimed at everything related to Goldeneye the game, or to Goldeneye modding, etc?

I really hope that this hasn't been done from the fear that Nintendo might be thinking of shutting down N64 game modding. I wouldn't think Nintendo would try to stop fans from modding games on a twenty-five year old console (all the more so since Nintendo are losing no money from the fans' game mods, and are no doubt aware that game modding is impossible to stop anyway), but then Nintendo have sent out cease and desist orders to the people making free ports of games that are even older than the N64, so...

Morrigan Aensland-Hill
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A world without game modding would be very booooooooring.

We all live in a country full of democracy and freedom! They can't make us stop from doing what we put our hearts into! Romhacking is a hobby that will never be defeated!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This was done by a user who managed to request an admin role on the mostly inactive Wiki. After the position was granted to them, they began purging items and articles they personally did not like, or felt didn't belong.

We were discussing some possible options on Discord, but it is really up in the air right now. I'm aware that revisions to pages can be stored for backup, though I can't say the same about deleted ones.

Morrigan Aensland-Hill
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Don't you have a copy of your biography that was once posted on the wiki? I managed to look at it once before it got taken down...

Technically, that Freeman guy better reverse what he has done wrong or else there's going to be hell to pay!

Morrigan Aensland-Hill
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good news. Freeman12393 lost his admin-ship privileges because he ranted too much about GoldenEye like some liberal troublemaker!

There is an empty seat for a new admin, and I hope Graslu00 takes that seat!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yet he still has the ability to edit my profile page and trash GoldenEye X. Rolling Eyes

Morrigan Aensland-Hill
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The profile page he posted on Fandom? What about your profile page that was posted by someone else? If he's bugging you that much, then block him. I never liked him anyway. He was like taking sprinkles off of the ice cream and making it plain and simple vanilla, which I don't like.

HackBond

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The offending user has been removed from his position as admin of the wiki, Graslu is attempting to get himself set as Admin so that he can recover the wiki.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: