ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

An uncensored version of Conker's Bad Fur Day is available!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:26 pm    Post subject: An uncensored version of Conker's Bad Fur Day is available! Reply with quote Back to top

An uncensored version of Conker's Bad Fur Day is finally available! Quite a few people have wanted this, over the years, so this should please some people greatly.

If you've not played CBFD, then it's an 'adult' game that's mostly very juvenile, but a lot of fun. It's really mostly a 3D platform game, with some third person shooting, and very simple problem solving. What makes it stand out, though is the quality and originality of the game. The humour is often really good (it's by far the funniest non-adventure* game that I've ever played), the scenes and enemies are really inventive and well designed, the gameplay is often really entertaining, and the multiplayer modes are varied and mostly extremely enjoyable to play, whether you play them alone (against the really good computer controlled bots) or against a friend or two. And it has probably the best graphics and sound of any game on the Nintendo 64.

On the minus side, some of the jokes just aren't funny (at least to me), a few of the scenes (an area where you must perform a certain gameplay mechanic) are dull or irritating, and the shooting mechanics in parts of the single player campaign really could have done with some streamlining (they can be finicky) before the game's release. But overall it's a fantastic game, both single player and in the multiplayer modes, and every N64 fan should give it a go. And now you can play it with the censorship removed, if you like, so you can hear all of the swearing.

Personally I prefer the swearing to be censored, as that helps it feel more 'cartoonish' somehow. But it's your choice.

Read more about it here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Roms/comments/or8at1/conkers_bad_fur_day_uncensored_finally_dumped/

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I actually preferred when shows like South Park and The Trailer Park Boys censored their coarse language. Once they stopped, they just kept pushing and pushing what they could get away with. It became less "funny" and more obscene. But for those who would rather not hear bleeps, mutes, or other wacky sound effects, enjoy the foul words! Razz

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wasn't this done eons ago, well, it did seem to sound like the hacker dubbed himself over the *bleeped* words!

So now these are for real, cheers!

MRKane

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To be honest I kind of expected that this would have been censored from the get-go!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: