ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Sony smart for waiting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
clowns789
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Sony smart for waiting Reply with quote Back to top

I thought it would be beneficial for me to kick off the PS3 forum. Anyway, I believe Sony made a good decision by waiting until next year. With BluRay and cell processors this will make the 360 look like a last-gen box. The most important but confusing part of the console is the BluRay feature. It is a drive that uses a blue laser instead of a red one, which makes smaller marks on the disc and therefore can hold more space. They hold 25 GB per layer, allowing a dual-layer 10x more space than a DVD. This will be essential for larger games like the next GTA because it used 4170 out of 4700 MB of disc space, despite using RenderWare for AI and having quite poor graphics. It would be double-digit GBs in a PS3 as it is, let alone the expansions that are bound such as more cars and land.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think it almost gets to the point of when is it too much space? Can they fill up that much space with good games. Better yet, how long will it take companies to produce such games and at what cost. I think at some point there will be a crossroad where the developers have to jack up the game prices because of all the resources in making these giant games.

Back to your original point though. It's hard to argue about PS3 being successful. I think price wise I have to decide between one or the other. Last gen I owned them all.

Gold_N_Eye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I believe its smart to wait until next year but if they continue to build the ps3, the cost will be huge. Will graphics really make a difference to the gameplay? Even if games are going to look a tad better on the ps3, doesn't mean you cant enjoy its games on both systems. My point is, wait til next year, sell it at a reasonable price and let people experiment it and enjoy what they have to offer.

zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i personally will not buy the PS3 because of the price of games and consoles. PSP games were like $60 a pack, so PS3 will be around that range as well. When I say $60, i am not talking new releases. Nintendo has always had the cheapest games and cheapest consoles, because they do not do too many fancy things. If you start talking about the Virtual Boy, I will smack you. It was terrible...

Advil was a must....

You know it. Flashy LED lights are not smart.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Gold_N_Eye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The price is 600$. Can you afford it?

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

$600. Phew. Sony says people will still buy it, because apparently it was made by the hands of God or something. I say it was made by the hands of a company that might just go down the toilet soon, as other companies are catching up with electronics of not as good quality, but tons more value and bang for the buck. Nobodys gonna pay 600 bucks, or at least I dont think they will. Im certainly not. Is anybody gonna pay that amount?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are you kidding me? There are thousands of people willing to shell out that much cash to be the first person on their block with a PS3. They'd be the envy of all of their friends and neighbors. They'll even dish out the extra moolah for more controllers and memory cards. Many want the newest, "hottest" videogaming console, no matter if it costs them nearly an entire months rent. The PlayStation3 may be expensive, but it'll still sell.

Gold_N_Eye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's obvious that it will sell and it is certain that people will stay in line all night just to get it the day it comes out (november 17th, if I am not mistaking). The problem is, will it offer many great launch games and will the online component be as evolutionary (just like xbox live did). If it is a (3 in 1) console that offers movies, games and great community, then it could be worth that price, but I need to save a lot of money Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: