ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

I require your expertise!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lo-fi
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: I require your expertise! Reply with quote Back to top

Hey fellas, I'm on the Dev team for the aforementioned Half Life 2 GE modification, and I or we want to do a Citadel level. The problem is, as far as I know nobody on the team knows how to crack a gameshark to save their life, much less even have an emulator. I was thinking where the end-all place of GoldenEye knowledge is located, so I came to you gents.

If you guys could help me out, I'm looking for as much information about the layout of citadel as humanly possible; overhead views, walkthrough videos (!), screen shots, level history, supposed story context, anything and everything. Thanks for the help!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I remember you from the GoldenEye Source message board, Lo-Fi.
It's great to hear that there is interest in this map, afterall. Smile

Although I don't have much onhand, there are a few sites I could link you to, providing you haven't been there already...

Detstar - Citadel Found
http://goldeneye.detstar.com/citadelfound/index.asp

GoldenEye Forever - Citadel Multi
http://www.goldeneyeforever.com/level%20files/citadel_multiplayer_temp.htm

GE Master used to have the Part One of the Citadel Walkthrough on his site (GoldenEye Forever), but I'm not sure if it's still available for download. I do have it, as well as the old first find video, on my PC. If you'd like, I can e-mail them to you.

Story for Citadel: As far as anyone knows, this was a rough test map. Probably used to test controls and multiplayer. We know that it was designed for multi, because the sky is activated for any amount of players. Normally, if a stage was a mission map only, the sky would be black in multiplayer. This is conclusive evidence that the Citadel was once a battleground for multi. Other than that, it served no real purpose and by all rights should have been removed.

Information on layout: The Citadel is very symmetrical. There are four floors. The main floor has four rooms. Although I can't be a hundred percent positive, I believe each of those four rooms is approximately the same size. There are three sections that branch out from each. One is a hallway that connects to the next room. The other is an upward ramp, which leads to room which ties all four rooms together. The last section is a downward ramp that goes into the lower area. Each of these four rooms has something different in it. One has 16 (4x4) lower case "T" (cross) shaped metal things that stick out of the ground. Another has a large structure with four openings to enter and exit, as well as four "corner" areas you can go into. The third room contains three square houses. Each has a ramp going to the top, where there is some room to move. Each also includes an opening from outside groundlevel that equals the size of the whole house. The last is the most infamous of all rooms, the spiral staircase. This one is hard to explain, because of how strange the design is. There are plenty of pics of it, so they should help. The lower area is also tough to explain. It's a massive room, with six huge white triangular pillars. There is a walkway around the whole area, as well as a bridge that goes across to the other side. At the one end, there is a ramp that goes down into the opening. At the opposite side of this place, is another ramp going farther down. This is as far down as you can go.

Well, that's probably hard to understand. If you read while browsing through the pictures, you should be able to figure it out better. And if you need those videos, just PM me your e-mail address. Smile

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah Wreck I owe you huge. Thanks for pointing out that I had videos at one time, which were no longer on the site!! Now they are thanks to you. Check out this link which you can now find the Citadel videos. The only room not covered in the walkthrough is the large bottom room. Oddly enough we never seem to battle down there.

http://www.GoldenEyeForever.com

lo-fi
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i have a project 64 emulator, it there any way for me to apply a digital gameshark so i can explore the level myself?

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes there is a way. Zoinkity has an excellent help guide that you will find in the citadel package. I have it on the site, just follow the graphical link on the home page. It's slightly complicated on the emu, but giver a go. I think he recommends that you back up your file first before messing around with it. Let me know how you make out on that.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was unsuccessful in applying the IPS patch to my NTSC GoldenEye ROM, but did manage to get the PAL version to work. It may be due to the fact that one is a BIN file, while the other a V64. In any case, make sure to back-up your ROM before attempting this. My NTSC ROM wouldn't emulate afterwards. It would also be smart to try this out on a V64 file, since that's what worked for me. Thankfully Zoinkity included the patch for both versions. Just follow the easy instructions provided in his Help file.

Project64 doesn't run perfectly on my PC, but I was able to play around in the Citadel for a bit. I grabbed a few screencaps while I was at it. Strangely enough, the emulator crapped out when I was about to grab a picture of the bottom room... Shocked

Edit: Pictures deleted from account to save space!

Last edited by Wreck on Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:20 pm; edited 2 times in total

mrjeffguy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It might not look great because it doesn't have textures, but it's a nice level. Do you plan on adding textures to it, or just keeping it the same way it is?

Well this is a must-have level. I wish I could run HL2 on my computer because I've heard good things about your mod, but my computers a piece of crap. Maybe I'll get a job and buy a new one. I really want to try it out

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Seeing how well the GoldenEye Source Dev Team have been translating an N64 game into a Half-Life 2 mod, I'm sure they'll find a way to spruce up the map and make it an incredible architecture. One of the members of their message board, Semedi, came up with the same idea I had. The Citadel lacks a theme. It's basically a number of textures used in stages like the Bunker and Aztec, with no personal identity. If you were to fuse a location from the film with it, you'd have something. The church Natalya goes to after contacting Boris online would be a prime candidate. Infact, the level was always referred to as the Citadel Cathedral. This, however, is ultimately in the hands of the artist(s) who recreates it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: