View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is The Wii a Kiddie Name?
NO!
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
YES!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Who cares? It is a great Console anyways!
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Is the Wii a "Kiddie" Name? Reply with quote Back to top

i do not think that wii is a bad name. it is great, actually. the playstation, ps2, psp, and ps3 are terrible names. sony needs some creativity. atleast nintendo changed the name slightly, instead of just adding a suffix of a number...

i do not hate sony, infact they are my favourite headphone company. they make awesome audio equipment and tvs.

the wii stands for a new objective. nintendo wants to bring gamers closer and allow them to not be individuals, but a "We" instead of an "I." the name is unique and different... especially compared to PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3, Xbox, Xbox "360" and the like. again, dont get me wrong. i love the other 2 companies for their ultra violent games. who doesnt love halo and grand theft auto? and yet, mario is one of the best known figures in videogames.

nintendo set out to be unique, and succeded. the wii is unique, the wiimote is unique, and gameplay finally takes a little bit of physical movement. PS3 may have the 2D controller movement, but the controller is awkward and the exact same as earlier controllers. i own one console from each company, and am proud of it.

also, for those who want a good controller for their pc, buy an xbox controller for cheap, and pm me.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I preferred their "Revolution" codename.
However, since we've been hearing and reading about the console under the newer title of "Wii", it's begun to grow on me. It may not sound as exciting as the first choice, but it is easy to remember and faster to type. I suppose the name can also be used in add campaigns far better. Nintendo is planning to unite the fans together, so that "Wii" will bring them back to the top of the videogaming industry. Wink

Oh, and I don't like either Halo or Grand Theft Auto. Razz

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SiberianSpecialForces
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hopefully the new parental control feature is a prerequisite for more adult oriented nintentdo video games (More games like RE4, GE:007, REmake, etc.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: