ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

I'm a Newbie oh well
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Will6546
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:51 am    Post subject: I'm a Newbie oh well Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there, I'm asking if this mod Rom can be played on the Console of N64. This cool GE pak mod below

http://n64vault.com/ge-campaigns:ge007-compilation-pack

I didn't read we're it say it can or not?
I haven't Tried, GE yet on say Project 64 Emulator at all yet how's it play on there. At all?

Reason I'm on my 64 Console is because,my aim on my Controller is very loose moves around,real slippery, is why I went back to my 64 Console. (

Even after many tests, of messing, with Dead Zone
Slider doesn't help me at all. Thanks. ...

HackBond

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Most of what gets uploaded, especially nowadays, is tested on console hardware. I can guarantee that compilation pak works on console, however the pak is intentionally got a different ID than usual. Most patches just keep GoldenEye's original ID.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Will6546
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi are you new around here (joking ok) 😸 😏

Yes I think that be kinda hard for me fix up rite away.
Thanks HackBond keep up the great work here!
I mean it. Ttul 🔙🔜😎

HackBond

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The ID doesn't affect you really, it's intentional to differentiate it as a different game.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It was changed so it would not share the same save file with the original GoldenEye. For EverDrive and other N64 flashcarts, you need to make sure it is using EEPROM 4k for its save type. There should be info on the download page and readme file about that.

Will6546
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gmorning here it is now.
Hi wreck yes like you said, I did happen to notice your mod collection, was EEPROM 4k saved. Also I have a few other ROMs saved that same way. I don't understand what that all means yet, an um, I have to tell you I don't really know how to go about, unlocking my Sdcard Sim card ,that's in my Edx7 it's Locked I cannot make any changes manually to the files.

I'm also thinking, the Edx7 is doing this also..? If I was to add your Rom packs here, well I don't see any settings, in X7 to change that to EEPROM 4k at all.

Some of my other games I think there EEPROM 16k?
I'm only able to copy the ROMs off the Sim card by drag an drop. I did a week ago ago, but,Bim not sure if I can ever, add any in the Sdcard list. Do this has me Confused some..

I went into my window 7 an propertys, an told it to give me permission,junk checked the box's but it didn't change anything, yet.

So I have to do more Research on all this I don't have my PC even hooked up cause I don't have all this room in my bedroom. I have swap TV's all the time to hook up my PC to look at my Scard how do I change my Sim card to EEPROM 4k then bud? Thanks

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You have a much newer EverDrive model than I do, but for mine, when I am highlighting the ROM I am going to play inside the ED menu, I press the L shoulder button to change the save type for it. It shows on the bottom left corner of the screen. This may not be the same for you, though.

GoldenEye mods use EEPROM 4K
Perfect Dark mods use EEPROM 16K

Will6546
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok I have give that a try thanks. But, I haven't got the Mod pak yet but like to. I know I paid enough, for that ED I just wanted get it was all. It's really a fun Gaget I think. Makes playing the old game's easyier, I think.

than a PC gaming? I'm still having this problem, in PD Rom, Villa Hostage one, won't load an play I did it all on Agent an SA: mode. I almost have the game all unlocked now. It's been Quite a Trip. But, of I can't beat the Villa it won't get all unlocked, darn My Rom.ver.1.1 it is. I even turn off some codes more to. Cya

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Will6546, when you use the Everdrive 64, the games (or roms, as they are also known) that should save their game-save data to their original game cartridge instead save to the SD card inside the ED64, of course. The problem is, there are several game-save type chips in use in the various game cartridges, and the ED64 needs to know which game expects which type, or the game can't save properly.

The ED64 (or rather it's operating system software) contains a database that tells it what save type to use with each game, but of course this only works for games that are known at the time of the database's creation, so any games released later, such as hacked or modded games, or unreleased games that finally emerge, or prototypes of games, etc, won't be recognised, and the ED64 won't know which save type to use for that game.

To counter this, Krikzz (who makes the Everdrives) added a feature whereby the user could add a save type setting for any new games that emerged. You add the settings by editing the text file 'save_db.txt' that is on the SD card in your Everdrive 64.

It's very easy to do, go here and follow the instructions:

https://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=6126

The list contains all currently known save-type fixes for all existing games/hacks/mods/prototypes, etc. So copy and paste everything into your save_db.txt file and every hack or mod etc should save and load correctly.

The above is the official forum for the Everdrive 64, and the members and friendly and helpful, so feel free to ask anything re: the ED64 there:

https://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?board=4.0

And to read up about common Everdrive 64 questions and problems, see:

https://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=5489.0

Edit: I've sent you a PM.

Forgot to say, to play many game mods and hacks, you need an expansion pak (it fits into the top front trapdoor of the console itself). It's well worth getting one, if you haven't already.

Will6546
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok um,Great I will look into all this when I get home today. Thanks X 1,000 Smile we got alot snow up here but I my Sdcard is locked an I'm not sure how to add more text to that save.db.txt like you told me about.

Yes I have the Expansion pak installed did from day 3 of having my Console.

I'm not playing any Mario games now day. ) he's cool I just like GE a PD most an any others. I have find out how be able edit this text copy it over some how, but, then if my Sim card is locked, it won't let put the added text. Back on the Sim card far as I know.

Yes I'm using the real N64 Console Ntsc is it called s But, I want get my ED X7 fixed us all I know. Kerr, but it takes alot time. I have hook my PC back up again all this.
I went into my Windows on my PC an did this Permissions, this checked the boxes to allow me to edit files but it didn't help yet. So I'm a little bit Confused atm. On this. Ttul
good day Kerr an week ☮️😎

Last edited by Will6546 on Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

HackBond

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's not via windows permissions that you can change the write-protection. You would need to change the parameters of the microSD card either through a tool or a command line prompt.

https://www.minitool.com/data-recovery/how-to-remove-write-protection-on-micro-sd-card.html

Will6546
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:33 pm    Post subject: EDITED WEDNESDAY NIGHT PLEASE READ Reply with quote Back to top

HB hi guess I just unlocked the Sdcard, on the bigger Holder case it come on you know there is a tiny plastic lever, that slides it to the unlock postion! 😅

I just looked at files I emptied out the Default Cheat files that came on the default list there InValid anyways. An cause me problems, if I load cheats. So I still have to test that out yet.
I don't have the 3.06 Update on my ED I need to get it installed you think, I just have the 3.05 is all.
I'm now wondering,what else I can do to fix like you guys are trying to help me with here. But it's Tuff ok I sent a PM off to Kerr avon so hope he'll get back to me Thursday on this. Also my
save db.txt list on there doesn't have much games on there at all an the file is only 1 kb. I heard that file cannot Exceed 5kb.?;or that cause other problems I read over there at Kritzz site. I'm still hoping, you can help me more on this HB. About what I'm really susposely doing with this file. Ttul ok .

That save db.txt I'm going to copy the Original an Save it. So it won't get messed over by me 😏 when that time comes HB also iso I need extend that list but how? Copy an paste, but what am I adding, again.

I have some GE X games, on my list they look black an Gold they start. Up an all but Crash out before, they make to the start files. Do you know much about, them GE rom games? I never seen them B4. Ttul
Code:

HackBond

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: EDITED WEDNESDAY NIGHT PLEASE READ Reply with quote Back to top

Will6546 wrote:
HB hi guess I just unlocked the Sdcard, on the bigger Holder case it come on you know there is a tiny plastic lever, that slides it to the unlock postion! 😅

I just looked at files I emptied out the Default Cheat files that came on the default list there InValid anyways. An cause me problems, if I load cheats. So I still have to test that out yet.
I don't have the 3.06 Update on my ED I need to get it installed you think, I just have the 3.05 is all.
I'm now wondering,what else I can do to fix like you guys are trying to help me with here. But it's Tuff ok I sent a PM off to Kerr avon so hope he'll get back to me Thursday on this. Also my
save db.txt list on there doesn't have much games on there at all an the file is only 1 kb. I heard that file cannot Exceed 5kb.?;or that cause other problems I read over there at Kritzz site. I'm still hoping, you can help me more on this HB. About what I'm really susposely doing with this file. Ttul ok .

That save db.txt I'm going to copy the Original an Save it. So it won't get messed over by me 😏 when that time comes HB also iso I need extend that list but how? Copy an paste, but what am I adding, again.

I have some GE X games, on my list they look black an Gold they start. Up an all but Crash out before, they make to the start files. Do you know much about, them GE rom games? I never seen them B4. Ttul

If you read the save_db.txt it should be fairly obvious. It's only needed if you need to force games to use certain saves. Check the CRC for the GE Compilation Pack in the EverDrive64 and then edit the save_db.txt with that CRC ( 0xHEXADECIMAL ) and follow the format of the rest of the entries. It'll look like this, replace HEXADECIMAL with the value reported by the CRC.

Code:
0xHEXADECIMAL=20    GE Compilation Pack

GoldenEye-X is Perfect Dark but with GoldenEye guns and maps, primarily multiplayer, by Wreck. Singleplayer isn't completed and only some levels work, and even fewer work properly. The focus of it is Combat Simulator.

Will6546
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok thanks very much ,an about GE X what it was ok I try do this bud wish me luck omg I know... 😏

Will6546
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:13 am    Post subject: It's Saturday now the 26th of Cold February Rite Reply with quote Back to top

Hi HB an Wreck, I finally last night got my Crazy Sdcard Unlocked. I had go inside, my Registry of my PC in HKEY?/local/system/current/Control/Storage Device/ Policy's/ Deboccle 🙄 an set 1 to 0 in there under Dword 32 bit Value.then ...

It worked got Unlocked, then I put my 4.5 kb new Save db.txt on my ED X7 under the Ed screen all that was cool!! An I woke this am, to play Gold Finger 007 an it works great!
So that's my good new. An I added few folders an sorted out my games.
Much them better.

An was great. Hmm now I'm Stuck in the First mission I'm stuck inside locked in this Hotel after getting many Gaurds an keys. Can't figure it out it's a dark night time. I can't see real great bummer.
I got my Brightness up more in my TV that's not HDMI game looks nice! So...

I placed, like 6 plastic Explosives on the Drug Silos, but dang it did say I got that even Correct Objective yet? so I gotta search how do this mission if someone, would give me some helpful hints it be Grand ok. Ttul have a good day all! 🔙🔜😎😏

I just watched this he sure makes this mission look so Easy in 4 mins so I missed some areas ? 😅

https://youtu.be/aeWclX6jrTQ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: