ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

need help with Surface....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: need help with Surface.... Reply with quote Back to top

ok while testing the multiplayer levels I've run into some confusion with the surface. First, are there 2 different versions? (Surface i, Surface ii)? What is the difference?

Also with the codes I have, one set only allows for 4 players (can't even select 2 or 3), another set allows the selection of 2 or 3 players, but when selecting 2 players, all weapons and respawns are in the same area and 3 players won't load at all (but the emulator doesn't freeze up either, just goes black but is still running). With both sets of codes, however, 4 players does seem to load properly.

If somebody could sort this stuff out for me that'd be great, then I can move on with my menu/compliation project....

Code page 1
Code page 2

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Though I haven't gone over them line for line, I'll mention what I see...

The first set of codes in both files is the same, with the only exception being the final few lines. "Surface" has codes to custom make the sky, while "Surfaceii" uses activators to display the proper stage sky. I think there is also some stuff to do with music in there, but I'd have to check to be sure. Judging by their current setup, you'd need the "Enable All Players" code (made by Krijy) in order to get them both running in 2 & 3-Player modes. They should play in 4-Player, atleast...

The 'May or May Not be Newer' codes are the same for both files, am I correct? They sure look the same. These should play in 4-Player only, if the codes are right. Try tacking on the "Enable All Players" code to see whether or not 2 & 3-P will work.

MultiplayerX's stage should work, if you got the codes from here. The set could use some breaks, though. Since if it is too long, those lines that go past the maximum amount allowed per entry will be cut off. Again, the "Enable All Players" code should get this one to load up in 2 & 3-Player modes.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: re: surface Reply with quote Back to top

There's still code in there somwhere which is forcing 4-player on the main menu. When you try to change it to 2 or 3 player, it automatically immediately changes it right back to 4 player.

EDIT - but I think I found it. Enable all players code minus the force 4 players code seems to work fine with any number of players. So this level is now working, sweet.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Blasted Enable All Players code. I'm getting to the point to where I'm just going to rehack a 2 player version and a 4 player. Like Zoinkity said, "ASM codes just don't work well on emulator" I'm starting to think on console either. Shocked Damn the limitations of Emu's AND Sharks. Evil or Very Mad

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: re: surface Reply with quote Back to top

ok, after playing around with the codes for a while, I settled on a daytime and a night time version of the surface, both are 2/3/4 player compatible.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: