ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Mod/Decomp Ideas for Features, Fixes, etc.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:24 am    Post subject: Mod/Decomp Ideas for Features, Fixes, etc. Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps not all of these ideas can be as easily integrated into the game through ASM modding of the original ROM, but could be incorporated as decomp continues. There are some great things in Footsteps, which I won't mention as part of these suggestions.

Look up/down setting option in multiplayer:
Currently, all four players use whatever was set in the watch menu. Adding the ability to choose your own preference (probably in the same menu as your control style) would let everyone playing use the look up/down (reverse or upright) they are comfortable with.

Double Tap for Tank:
Just like in PD, how the player must press the activation/reload button twice to ride the Hoverbike, this should also be done for the tank. That way, you can reload your weapon on command while driving, without jumping out.

Larger MP level menu or page two:
This is pretty straight forward. Either adding more slots to the multiplayer level menu (XBLA added three), or allowing a second page. There are 11 extra stage IDs that can be used toward this.

MRKane

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Getting the tank going in multiplayer would be amazing! But I'm just one of those "tall order" kinda guys Wink

HackBond

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

don't know if this will be possible but I'm throwing it out here anyway. PD style guard line of sight, where they don't need to have a connection via stan tiles to see you and shoot you.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Morrigan Aensland-Hill
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How about shooting the gun out of the guard's hand thus disarming him/her like in PD? That way they can either pull out a PP7 or surrender afterwards.

Not only that, but there should be smoke grenades in GE. As long as the code is edited correctly, the smoke emitted from the smoke grenade with hide Bond from the guards.

...Also, my husband sells propane and propane accessories.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Real coop mode.

MRKane

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Triple buffering and non-integer framerates would be really nice too.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure if this is currently possible, but...

The ability to start/stop the "background" music track on command:
I think this uses the sound effects volume channel instead of music? But say you have an exterior where you want to hear wind or a storm brewing, but once you get inside a building or underground, those sounds should cease. Believe PD can do this. I think you set the rooms to play via action block. A fade option would be a nice extra.

MRKane

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just played some N64 with some friends tonight, and naturally they wanted to play Goldeneye. It's jarring for many people how much games have evolved since 1996 (well...duh...) anyway, could we modernize multiplayer?

Starting unarmed is really rough, and a concept that's been long since discarded as it's simply too punishing for new players. Players could really do with starting with a weapon that's part of the selected set, or somehow selected based off their handicap (which we used. A lot.)

One suggestion I'd make off the hammer would be a "dynamic handicap" system which is akin to Ut99s "big head mode" meaning you're easier to kill the more ahead of the pack you get. The difference with the dynamic handicap is that the focus on the gamemode would be everyone having fun all the time instead of one player dominating the pack because they got the rocket launcher first.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@MRKane: You can add a starting weapon to the setup file in the inventory. I know the Taser has been added before in a mod or two. Each player will have it each time they spawn. I think ammo can also refill each death, so something like a PP7 and twenty rounds of ammo might suffice. All players would share the same, so no particular handicap this way. The rest would need greater customization.

G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do not know if this is even possible, but it always pissed me off there was no true 3rd person knife throw animation, I always avoided using them in multiplayer, you cant even tell when you are being bombarded with flying knifes during the heat of battle, we need a visual cue. same with slappers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: