GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Resident Evil...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Resident Evil... Reply with quote Back to top

I was just curious to see how many Resident Evil/Biohazard fans we've got onboard? I've been a fan since RE2 came out, but I did play the original when it was first released. Actually, I was able to snag the first version of RE for the PSX. Old school DVD case style, it's really cool. The game is surprisingly hard, with no difficulty settings. One thing I've loved about the series, is the ammo conservation. You have to be very careful with how many bullets you use at any given time. They've sort of gotten away from this with each sequel, which is disappointing. I'd have to say that my favourite of them all has to be the second. Two characters, four scenarios, bonus mini-games, a great arsenal of weapons, good stoyline, ... the Licker. The Resident Evil remake on GameCube was beautiful. I hope they do the same for RE2 on the up-coming PS3 or Revolution. Only thing is, with the success of RE4, they might decide to make changes that would make it more alike the newest entry. I'm fine with over-the-shoulder cameras, but they'd better stay clear of the whole the merchant crap. They can leave that for an RE3 Nemesis remake. Atleast it would suit the tone of it more. Well, I see I'm rambling. Maybe this was all just an excuse to show off my new signature?... Very Happy

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You know, I've dabbled with re codename veronica on the DC. Yes, my DC still works and I play it once in a while. Wish I could learn the movements a bit better though. Seems cool, and will play it again. You played that one? Actually surely I spelt the name wrong... cool sig btw.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My first time through that one left me completely out of ammunition right before I made it to the Antartic base as Chris. I couldn't even get past the bloody tenticles that block the path. Man, did that suck. I had to use a GameShark to regroup. I know, I know. I cheated, what can I say? Now I can beat the game (without cheating) with a crapload of ammo to spare. It's all about conservation. Knife the dogs, shoot the barrels, and for God's sake, only use your grenades for multiple enemies bunched together in a tight space or powerful foes such as the Tyrant! Remember to seek out those gun powder cases for the Bow Gun. They'll come in handy for all the Bandersnatches that pop out of the wood works. Be sure to leave all your weapons and ammo in the crate before leaving the Antartic as Claire. Grab the Sniper Rifle and aim at Nosferatu's exposed heart to finish him off with ease. That way, Chris will have access to all of Claire's stored equipment. This could save your ass!

Once you've played one Resident Evil, you've played them all. They've kept the same control scheme throughout the series, which allows players to pick up and play without learning a new configuration. In my opinion, RE has the best controls of any game. Well, all except for Outbreak File #2. They decided to switch around some of the buttons, completely alienating veterans of the series. Maybe that's why I can't stand playing it...? Mad

FRKN.FRoG
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i'm not a fan but i can say that i liked the times i played them, never finished one, played at friends' houses most of the time

Fear the Darkness
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the very first survival horror game I played was Resident Evil 2 when I was 12 years old (I'm now 19) and I loved it. I'm now a huge Resident Evil and Silent Hill fan. I recently got RE2 for the gamecube to check out the extreme battle mode. besides extreme battle, the N64 version is better. anyway I'm a major fan of RE and SH. I can even play them online with others with emulators and they play near perfect.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I played through CODE: Veronica again about two weeks ago, mainly just to see how much ammunition I'd end up with at the end. Well, I had a lot. I barely even used my shotgun, so there was plenty of shells leftover. It's all about playing safe. Take shortcuts, avoid enemies, keep the explosive weapons for more powerful characters, put everything into your item box prior to leaving the Antartic base as Claire, etc. It's a great game, one that doesn't get tiring after a few plays.

Since I was on a bit of a Resident Evil kick, I decided to try my hand at hard mode on the remake for the Cube. It wasn't so tough with Jill, but it was significantly more difficult as Chris. Since he's got less inventory space and no lockpick, you end up running around a lot. The only upside to him is that he can take more punishment. Even so, that doesn't mean you should feel comfortable letting a zombie take a chunk out of your shoulder over and over. I ended up using the entire green herb planter outside of the mansion. I'd rather that than herbs from my own collection. Apparently Real Survival mode is the hard mode with manual aiming and unlinked item boxes. I was able to complete that with Jill before. So, I suppose the only thing left to do is try that with Chris...

Fear, I'm curious to know which game(s) you play online with via emulation?
Is this something anyone can do?

Fear the Darkness
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah anyone can do it. I have a pretty crap computer and all the games run perfect. of course it's a one player game so one person watches while the other one plays, but you can always switch after every few save points. you want some links man? should warn ya, the games are large.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I thought it was going to be like the Outbreak games, where you can work as a team to complete the game. Just watching someone else play would get boring over time. We all remember the feeling of sitting at a friends house and waiting to try a game while he plays it for an hour... Sad

Fear the Darkness
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

you have Outbreak?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I own both of the Outbreak games, but I don't have the necessary components to get my PS2 up and running on the Internet. It'd probably be a much better experience online, so I may look into it some day.

Fear the Darkness
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah it doesn't really cost much

Rey

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maaaan old thread. Resident Evil is great. I just don't like the newer ones. Once Resident Evil 4 hit. Really changed.

HackBond

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've played RE clones like Dino Crisis, but never played RE itself.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sweet Jesus sucha old school thread on a big matter

RE4 is actually incredibly fun and amazing. That's the last good RE ever

RECV.. hm.. I want to beat it through again on the DC, but NO WHERE can I find the ranking requirements. Gamefaqs, residentevilfan, nope. SOMEHOW I managed on PS2 and got infinite rockets for the story game

I like what Fear's saying regarding RE2. The Extreme Battle minigame is The Mercenaries pretty much. Just get the Dual Shock or green label Greatest Hits version on PS1 for complete package.

As for the RE2 port to N64.. just incredible how they fit all four scenarios and how well everything looks including FMVs. But that's all ye get folks

AverageGamerStoner1
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The classic Resident Evil's on the PlayStation 1 are the cream of the crop, hands down have to be the better games of the series. It is what started the very deep catalog of games the series has today. Although at times it had really corny voice acting, it is still very memorable and had a really eerie feel to the game. From the moans of zombies, footsteps and not knowing what is behind those doors... it was a pretty frightening game I must say.

The Outbreak series....... I wanted to like it so bad, but just couldn't really get that into it. Although it does have the feeling of a classic RE title, I felt the story jumped around a bit too much and at times didn't really explain how the scenario was linked into the original titles. It was a good concept to be able to play online, but was maybe ahead of it's time. I'm sure there are some fans of these titles, but not me. They are good, but not memorable in my opinion.

Code Veronica is a pretty good game, it can be confusing at times if you don't know ahead of time to leave certain weapons for certain characters, to be picked up at a later time in the game. It gave you that traditional feel of a classic RE title, with updated graphics like the Outbreak series. Alfred and Steve Burnside can be very annoying at times, Steve reminds me of this kid I went to high school with that I don't like..... so I'm not a fan of him, lol. It is a fairly difficult game and offers a solid challenge to complete it.

Resident Evil 4 is the game that kind of started the series on the path for a more action packed/fast paced style of game, but is a very good game. It is pretty challenging and offers a lot of replay value with the various modes you can unlock in the game by completing certain achievements. It can get pretty intense at times with the hordes of zombies conspiring to stop you from progressing in the game. It is the 1st time that the zombies seem to have a better intellect than the previous foes featured in the series. Those chainsaw people scare the hell out of me, lol.

Resident Evil - Umbrella and Darkside Chronicles actually surprised me and was more fun that I thought it would be. It is not the traditional style of a RE game, but actually there are a few titles in the series that are On-Rails. Gun Survivor, Dead Aim and even one based on Code Veronica, but features Nemesis from RE 3 in it. This was the 1st time I was able to sit down with a friend and play 2 players co-op in a Resident Evil game. The story is based around the more classic titles of the series, including RE 0 through 3, as well as Code Veronica and how Leon and Krauser knew each other. It does offer some replay value by finding hidden objects and achieving a certain score that will unlock new scenarios to play.

Some of the other titles I am not too familiar with like RE 0, 5, 6, OP Racoon City and some of the newer titles. I actually have 5 and 6, but just haven't got too into them. The only reason I got 6 is because it went on sale online, and said it features 2 player couch co-op mode. So far I have only tried the mercenaries mode in it and it is okay, I just prefer the older titles in the series.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: