ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Decomp is now complete! (Well, sort of)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morrigan Aensland-Hill
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:08 am    Post subject: Decomp is now complete! (Well, sort of) Reply with quote Back to top

I just have brilliant news: Perfect Dark is now 100% decompiled! ...But only for the NTSC 1.0 and NTSC Final versions.

However, Ryan Dwyer, the man behind PD's decomp project stated out that: "The ntsc-1.0 and ntsc-final versions are fully decompiled, but a small handful of functions are not yet byte-matching even though they are functionally the same. The status page doesn't show these as 100% because it counts matching functions only."

The success of this project has lead to the creation of the special FPS counter and the GCC version. The GCC version with anti-aliasing disabled runs smoother and faster than the Vanilla version with anti-aliasing enabled. Here are the comparisons between GCC and Vanilla versions:

Well, what do you think, my loves? Did you find this information proven to be useful?

...Also, my husband sells propane and propane accessories.

Morrigan Aensland-Hill
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oops! Almost forgot. If you're not getting the picture, then here's a YouTube video filmed by Graslu00 showing the framerate test of both GCC and Vanilla versions of PD...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SghTvPMXgPk

...Also, my husband sells propane and propane accessories.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is fantastic news. Please keep us informed about the progress on this project, and any improved builds of PD, and where we can download them from.

That video alone is really promising.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: