ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Do N64 repro carts unlock gamesharks?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dugg
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:34 am    Post subject: Do N64 repro carts unlock gamesharks? Reply with quote Back to top

I'm waiting on a copy of Cruisin World as it seems to be on many if not all unlock lists and I'm curious if it turns out to be a reproduction will it still work as an authentic cart regarding keycodes?

Thank you

HackBond

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: Do N64 repro carts unlock gamesharks? Reply with quote Back to top

dugg wrote:
I'm waiting on a copy of Cruisin World as it seems to be on many if not all unlock lists and I'm curious if it turns out to be a reproduction will it still work as an authentic cart regarding keycodes?

Thank you

Not sure, I'm not exactly familiar with how keycodes work but unless there is something fundamentally different I think it would work.

However. your better bet is getting a flash cart like an Everdrive. You can run gameshark codes off them without having to go through a power cycle or an extra cart for the keycode, plus you're not giving money to people illegally profiting off other peoples work.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

dugg
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll update thread if I discover any repros in my collection.

About the Everdrive. I was looking at those and plan to get one I'm just not sure where it's best to buy.

The X7 from Krikzz is the one I was looking at.

Do you recommend this?

HackBond

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dugg wrote:
I'll update thread if I discover any repros in my collection.

About the Everdrive. I was looking at those and plan to get one I'm just not sure where it's best to buy.

The X7 from Krikzz is the one I was looking at.

Do you recommend this?

Krikkz is the person who makes them. He does have affliate links on the site at the top if you want to use a site that is closer to home. Both the X5 and X7 are fine, you just lose some quality of life with the X5 versus the X7. The chart on krikkz site should give you an idea of what you gain/miss with the X5 and the X7.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: